Bagged A Lovely Pheasant Today!

Danger-Mouse

She was a real beauty!

For those interested in the ballistics/load etc

I hit her with close to 4 tonnes of Mercedes Sprinter at around 65mph. :oops:

She flew straight across the front of the van and almost made it, but crashed into the driver's side of the windscreen. It didn't half make me jump. I thought she was going to be joining me in the cab.

Now . . . who is going to admit they came into this thread to rip me a new one for shooting pheasants out of season eh? :lol:

I recall enjoying a spirited ride on my Ducati one summer, when a cock pheasant rose from a hedgerow and slammed into my chest/under my left arm. Pretty sure the bird flew off, and I pulled to stop, and looked back to see where it was, before getting back on my way.

It was not long after that, when I read of a guy dying having crashed in similar circumstances.

Riding my Gilera up the glens of foudland climb on the a96 a seagull hit me full face as I was doing silly M.P.H. it burst,& the wife had to hose my leathers down before I could enter house,I can still smell it as i type, had a stiff neck for days.

only last week I was waiting to turn into a builders merchants in Norwich when I spotted a bootiful cock bird hanging out of the front grill of an old dears car she was totally oblivious to the fact, fortunately it wasn't a motorcyclist :no:

Yes she might have noticed had it been a motorcyclist. :whistling:

When I was much younger and stupider I was doing approximately 61 mph maybe a fraction more on a long straight and a pheasant jumped up and hit my mums brand spanking new punto that I'd taken to have valeted for her. No obvious damage so I carried on home. Several weeks later it was due a service so it went into the garage and they said it needed a new light bracket thingy as the bracket holding the light into the car had snapped in 3 places. Dad gave her a really hard time for obviously running something down and not telling him. She's an awful driver and drives a lot of miles so I was exonerated.

I hit one Friday , at about 30mph in my hilux , managed to pop out a blanking plate on the front and split the paintwork TWO days after getting it back from the paint shop 😡😡😡😡

Edited to add this motor is jinxed and won't be going in for any more work till I sell it ..

Edited by moose man

Many years ago.....

My dad worked for the Experimental Department at Vauxhall Motors in Luton and was driving the prototype FE "Continental" Vauxhall Victor (or was it "Transcontinental"....?) back from the MIRA test track (near Coventry) and (being an ex Bletchley boy) took the scenic route off the A5 around the back of Woburn and hit a pheasant with this (then £1 million pound hand built) car.

Believing it to be dead he picked it up (illegal, I know) and put is behind the drivers seat.

20 minutes or so later the damn thing came to, tried to escape from the car whilst my dad was driving and splattered blood all over the pristine (light linen coloured) upholstery.

Before returning to work he drove to our house in Luton where he & mum tried to clear the mess up as best they could - but he said it still looked like a murder scene.

After they got it back in the factory I think my dad spread a few beer tokens around and got it sorted - but the car was jinxed anyway.

Being the "continental" model, Vauxhall had arranged a photo shoot in front of a massive picture of sandy beaches & palm trees (I have no idea what "continent" they were thinking of) but the picture was pasted on to a temporary wall built inside one of the workshops. During the night a pipe burst in the ceiling, filled the gap between the old and new wall with water which promptly collapsed on to the car causing huge damage.

The car was a p.o.s. anyway....

Edited by Eyefor