The church & politics...

ditchman

Just heard on the news the morning ....that several archbishops (past and present)...are sending all their parishioners..and parrishes a letter on the forthcoming election.....................ADVISING THEM HOW TO VOTE covering key point political issues such as "migrant flows"..(their words) etc:

excuse me...isnt that a bit naughty........................?

correct me if im wrong but the last time the archbishop got involved in politics to that extent....he met a very sticky end.................something along the lines "who will rid me of this turbulent priest".........

so to date..............

not that many years ago the church was pro-hunting anti gay....now they are pro-gay anti hunting.......the church is now run by an ex BP oil exertive......the church has invested their money in WONGA.....(believe they provided the start up capital) and now they are getting into politics....

look out for their manifesto.....that should be interesting...............

As an organisation they are falling apart at the seams. Most attending our local church is three and that might include the organist and the vicar. So my view is they should start to put their own house in order before they start telling others how to vote. I object to them sitting in the House of Lords.... there again there are about 80% of the Lords I would object to as well. If we need a second chamber then it should be elected.

hello, on a different note but still a reflection on this post i see the bishop of oxford has been talking on the homeless in the city saying more should be done, maybe he should build some nice homes in his large garden or on land the church owns,

a while ago....when the "refugees" first started to come in.....the bishops went on camera ....lambasting the british population that they should (them that had spare beds) take them in........the interveiwer asked 2 of the bishops (seperate interviews) as to why they couldnt set the ball rolling and take a couple in.............

the first one hummed and hahaad'...and said that the "clash of faiths would be a problem....and difficult to adjust to".....the other one came out with alsorts of political squit...and ended up saying "under his breath"....."besides...the wife has just had a new kitchen put in"....she wouldnt have any of it "....

:lol::lol:

I know a few people in my village that have linked their religion of christianity with their liberalism, you hear them all the time spouting off about how things should be, they are not liberals, they are highly intolerant of anybody who doesn't pander to them, I don't engage with them, but if they start, I give them the short shrift they deserve.

I have a good nose for a stirrer or agitator, there are many around.

a while ago....when the "refugees" first started to come in.....the bishops went on camera ....lambasting the british population that they should (them that had spare beds) take them in........the interveiwer asked 2 of the bishops (seperate interviews) as to why they couldnt set the ball rolling and take a couple in.............

the first one hummed and hahaad'...and said that the "clash of faiths would be a problem....and difficult to adjust to".....the other one came out with alsorts of political squit...and ended up saying "under his breath"....."besides...the wife has just had a new kitchen put in"....she wouldnt have any of it "....

:lol::lol:

Hypocrisy of the worst kind.

As Burnley Dave,s rep in these parts all visitor,s to the front of my house wishing to discuss god with my wife and myself get the high speed door in the face routine.There is no supreme being or all knowing god just a bunch of people looking for someone to tell them how to live their lives whilst giving part of their wages to an organisation that protects peado,s and child beater,s from prosecution.

If you need to believe in someone special fair do,s your choice but dont knock my door and try and ram your gobblegook down my throat or anyone else,s for that matter

The church/religion originally came into being in order to exercise power over, influence, control and to extract money and wealth from ordinary uneducated people, by making them fear god! It still has power and influence over some........it now holds power and influence typically in poor and third world countries and countries where children's education takes a back seat to religious indoctrination!.........conversely it's power is diminishing in a so called, modern, educated, civilised society, as people no longer 'fear god' because 'the genie is out of the bottle' and in consequence the churchs purpose and relevance is constantly bought into question, particularly in light of its well publicised exposure as being, in many ways, deeply corrupt.

church is either the biggest landowner in the u.k or one of them............catholic church is worth billions. Now how did that happen?

Like the missionaries who went to do good in far flung places, they did very well indeed thankyou.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

hello, on a different note but still a reflection on this post i see the bishop of oxford has been talking on the homeless in the city saying more should be done, maybe he should build some nice homes in his large garden or on land the church owns,

I do like this forum. 👍