Bull fighting

fusion

Just got back from a couple of weeks in Spain :/ and watched a bull fight live on TV :lol: I found the whole thing totally shocking, am I getting soft in my old age :lol:( I enjoy nothing better than a night out lamping foxes with my .223. )What do you think?:lol:? :lol:

I find this question a very difficult one to decide.

The bulls are bred for fighting and only fighting, if bullfighting didn't exist, those bulls wouldn't exist.

They have a very pampered life up until the day of the fight, so we are not talking "battery bulls".

Despite the picadors, they do actually get a very quick humane death.

The meat is also eaten, with no waste.

Yet, there does seem something not quite right about it.

I have never seen a bullfight so I cannot comment, BUT I would like to see one before the nambys ban it, also the bull running in Pamplona again something I would like to see before it is stopped.

So much to do and............

:lol: D2D

The bulls are bred for fighting and only fighting, if bullfighting didn't exist, those bulls wouldn't exist.

They have a very pampered life up until the day of the fight, so we are not talking "battery bulls".

im with you on this , it is there countrys tradition and a great honour to fight a bull ,

I find it ironic that on a hunting/shooting forum people will vote to ban bow hunting one week, but then apparently support bull fighting the next week!!!

FWIW I have never seen a bull fight so don't really want to comment, but I wouldn't say I was against it as such.

Its an interesting discussion and I can safely say I've been in Portugal and chosen not to watch it when a lot of the people we were staying with wanted to see it. To me its not humane its not about simply a swift kill there is a show element to it where they like to see it run round while slowly being injured before the final death blow is dealt. It has no chance of escape and must be terrified in the arena. As shooting people we try and ensure a swift death of wild animals and to me it doesn't bear any resemblance to bull fighting

im with you on this , it is there countrys tradition and a great honour to fight a bull ,

I think you have both summed it up really.

How do other countries see our fox hunting? Doesn't matter does it? It is out country and our traditions. We should not judge them for their traditions.

For the record though it does seem a little one sided. The bull running in pamplona seems a little more evenly matched.

How do other countries see our fox hunting?

Doesn't matter does it?

It is out country and our traditions.

We should not judge them for their traditions.

Saved me saying it, we may not like it but it isn't any of our business - other peoples sport and all that.

How do other countries see our fox hunting?

Doesn't matter does it?

It is out country and our traditions.

We should not judge them for their traditions.

Saved me saying it, we may not like it but it isn't any of our business - other peoples sport and all that.

sort of, fox hunting is very different in that its a wild animal in its own environment and its a form of pest control. Bull fighting the bull has no sporting chance and to me its more like a few of the unsavoury things we've banned like dog fighting etc. Just because its traditional doesn't mean its right lots of activities through history have been stopped and quite a lot of them should have been.

I have never seen one except on the telly and it seems a bit boring and inevitable to me. But hey, how these Jonny foreigners conduct themselves within their cultures is their business.

That being said, I think it would be more interesting if they perhaps gave the bull some armour or made it impossible for the Picador to jump the stalls and get out of the arena so it becomes a proper death match.

I don't really agree with the way the bull is killed. It does not really seem humane but having said that it is tradition and history and I dont think we should ban it because we dont like it.

Does that make sense?

Harry

:lol::lol:

I agree it's a country tradition, somthing that we are slowly loosing out to all the do-gooders

I know its brutal and disturbing in a way but I quite like them. Whenever i can I either watch them on telly or go to the ring. 'ole. If you ever see a matador leave the stadium afterwards and is swamped by people you will understand that bullfighting is not going anywhere for some time. Interestingly there is to be a fight in Portugal soon where two matadors will fight twin bulls in the ring at the same time. Very rare are fighting bull twins apparently.

The fish

I went to bull fight in marbella about 15 years ago , and the atmosphere in the stadium was electric. The matador ( which translates to slaughterman) was a hero to the crowd before he set about his bloody work.

Six bulls were to be killed , one survived as it broke a horn during the fight. I remember watching whole families cheering and baying for blood.

I would have no problems going again , just not sure i would let my kids go. They had a kind of match of the day at night showing the highlights of the fights.

i know it might not make me very popular around here but i think bullfighting is great , i know that makes me a hypocrite as i find things like badger baiting absolutely disgusting , i'm totally shallow(fick) and couldn't offer a reasoned argument for my feelings on either sport it's just the way i feel.

was sat in a restaurant in Spain with the wife,waiter comes in with a huge pair of testicles on a tray for one of the tables. the chap who was sat next to us asked the waiter what they where, he replied that they where from the bull at yesterdays bull fight, the chap asked if he could order a pair for the next day. certainly came the reply.

next day in the eating house the chap was ready seated when we got there. i asked him if he had eaten the bulls things yet. not yet he said but they are doing them now.

the waiter came in with the tray and onit was 2 really small testicles.

the chap said no i want big ones like he had yesterday.

to which the waiter replied.

some times the bull wins :good: