Trump gives EU leaders a roasting about NATO defence spending.

fern01

President Trump criticised most NATO leaders for not paying their fair share of Defence costs, which should be 2% minimum, leaving America to pay 70% of the total cost.

Some squirmed, some smirked i.e.Macron.

He also called for a minutes silence for Manchester.

I thought it was a very good speech

Can someone clever than me upload the video from U Tube for me.

Edited by fern01

I thought he was very moderated, and I'd also be annoyed at countries enjoying article 5 who paynothing.

Reminds me of my ex wife and my maintenance that I have to pay even though my daughter lives with me.

NATO is nothing without the US, they pay 70% for European security, I'm surprised they haven't dipped out already.

If other countries aren't paying their fair share then he has every right to say something and shame them.

Does anyone know who does, or doesn't pay their dues? At a guess I would say the US and UK do, maybe Germany but everyone else has short arms and deep pockets.

If other countries aren't paying their fair share then he has every right to say something and shame them.

Does anyone know who does, or doesn't pay their dues? At a guess I would say the US and UK do, maybe Germany but everyone else has short arms and deep pockets.

It might surprise you but Greece, Estonia and Poland pay 2% or over.

Germany are way down the list, paying approx 1.2%

Sorry state of affairs, and Trump is quite right to stand his ground. If a basket case like Greece can make the grade then I'm damned sure Germany, France, Italy, Holland and others can meet their commitments.

I thought he was very moderated, and I'd also be annoyed at countries enjoying article 5 who paynothing.

Reminds me of my ex wife and my maintenance that I have to pay even though my daughter lives with me.

NATO is nothing without the US, they pay 70% for European security, I'm surprised they haven't dipped out already.

The US paying 70% is their insurance policy of keeping Europe on "their" side and not on our own side or even moving closer to Russia, it keeps most of Europe as their pets.

Having said that he is right to demand everyone pays their share especially the countries who historically had large military and were happy to throw it around Europe on a whim now suddenly deciding to let others take their share of the burden of defence.

Edited by paulnix

The man is turning into a president, I knew he would.

For the millions that have mercilessly slaughtered him, how are you going to disguise your retreat, without too much egg on your faces, as you realise he is alright after all?

Sounds like Trumps morning advisers briefing. The man's an idiot (hope that's merciless enough)

Wonder where all the money they should be spending on NATO is diverted to?

Maybe it's time someone asked questions about this in the EU Parliament?

Er, hang on a minute....aye, ******* it up the wall in air conditioned offices with a couple of fresh interns per year to take on fact finding tours of beetroot factories.

HerrAngela will be kicking the cat tonight

The man is turning into a president, I knew he would.

For the millions that have mercilessly slaughtered him, how are you going to disguise your retreat, without too much egg on your faces, as you realise he is alright after all?

:lol::hmm::hmm:

Are you even watching the daily news unfold with this moron behaving like a 6 year old ? You need to broaden your horizons as I keep saying, get on the social media where you will receive reports, analysis and perspectives outside the tripe the msm feeds you.

This idiot has just shaken on a multi billion arms deal with the biggest supporters and funders of fundamentalist caliphate style mooslamism in the world and praised them for their hooman rights of which they have none !! He also yesterday physically pushed another world leader away to get in front of a group so he could be seen first, the guy is a mentally ill disaster. It is us who knew he's on the spectrum who are waiting for the usual suspects to give it up and admit he was no saviour of the people, he's just another capitulator to the deep state who wants endless war and uninterrupted upward movement of money/power to the .0001%.

I will take a bet he will not go down as having Made murica Great Again but at absolute best it'd be as miserable as it was when he took over and at worst he'd "lead" his country and the world into catastrophic wars.

Edited by Hamster

whats this murica term? You said it in the past on other threads, I asked you then, you wouldn't tell me............murica?

Weak comeback but I'll play along.

murica is a mocking term to describe the great nation of America, it is how a moronic, empty head, yeeeha type of their version of village idiot who knows nothing about the outside world would tend to pronounce their country's name, the omission of a capital m at the start is deliberate.

Other names include Amerikkka which is a play on the KuKluxKlan.

If you like we can use this thread as a rolling poster to inform our interested membership of Trump's bizarre and non effectual everyday statesmanship ?? Maybe that way you can get to see the absurdity of what's taking place ?

Edited by Hamster

Actually, if you check, America is the entire continent, from the northern most point of Canada to the bottom tip of the Cape Horn.

I find it very annoying when they use the term America to describe the US. Its the same when they call their National Baseball Championship the World Series

I am 100% behind Trump in the Nato issue. These countries need to pay their way as per the agreement. Its like the EU debate all over again. The countries in question just sit back and let somebody else pay for everything.

Edited by Vince Green

Weak comeback but I'll play along.

murica is a mocking term to describe the great nation of America, it is how a moronic, empty head, yeeeha type of their version of village idiot who knows nothing about the outside world would tend to pronounce their country's name, the omission of a capital m at the start is deliberate.

Other names include Amerikkka which is a play on the KuKluxKlan.

If you like we can use this thread as a rolling poster to inform our interested membership of Trump's bizarre and non effectual everyday statesmanship ?? Maybe that way you can get to see the absurdity of what's taking place ?

well thanks for clearing that up at last,

its amazing how many people are praying for this man to trip himself up, I can overlook his oddities and his appearance to understand that this is a man who is genuinely trying, and I believe underneath it all, he is a caring person.

No I don't think it would be a good idea for you to hijack this thread to post your feelings towards trump, on a rolling basis.

Have a good day.

wandringstar.

:lol::hmm::hmm:

Are you even watching the daily news unfold with this moron behaving like a 6 year old ? You need to broaden your horizons as I keep saying, get on the social media where you will receive reports, analysis and perspectives outside the tripe the msm feeds you.

This idiot has just shaken on a multi billion arms deal with the biggest supporters and funders of fundamentalist caliphate style mooslamism in the world and praised them for their hooman rights of which they have none !! He also yesterday physically pushed another world leader away to get in front of a group so he could be seen first, the guy is a mentally ill disaster. It is us who knew he's on the spectrum who are waiting for the usual suspects to give it up and admit he was no saviour of the people, he's just another capitulator to the deep state who wants endless war and uninterrupted upward movement of money/power to the .0001%.

I will take a bet he will not go down as having Made murica Great Again but at absolute best it'd be as miserable as it was when he took over and at worst he'd "lead" his country and the world into catastrophic wars.

Just a few points there.

First ,you ask if he is watching the daily news,and how Trumpy is making a fool of himself, then describe how the msm is 'tripe'

Further you explain that social media is the place to keep oneself informed ?

Bizarre really ! Social media is run by the mainstream media.

I dont really care what arms he sells to SA ,as far as I am concerned they are an ally of the west (for now), and keep certain elements in check.

I dont care about their human rights record, their country ,their rules.

Yes he pushed the man out the way, I reckon the man had previously said something to make Trump do it, again I dont care.

If you think Clinton would have done a better job,or you believe Obama was a good Pres, then thats your opinion.

At the end of the day, the simple fact that the mainstream establishment dissed him and didnt want him, and are trying everything in their power to blacken him, means, to me anyway, that he is the right man for the job.

Its all good that you dont believe the hype and mainstream news, I am of a similar belief..But posting on social media isnt going to change a thing.

It might surprise you but Greece, Estonia and Poland pay 2% or over.

Germany are way down the list, paying approx 1.2%

Sorry state of affairs, and Trump is quite right to stand his ground. If a basket case like Greece can make the grade then I'm damned sure Germany, France, Italy, Holland and others can meet their commitments.

Britain only meets the figures because we include pensions in the calculation but there should be some 'strong words' with the rest. Its just so European, agree to something then totally fail to meet the commitment.

Edited by Vince Green

Just a few points there.

First ,you ask if he is watching the daily news,and how Trumpy is making a fool of himself, then describe how the msm is 'tripe'

I dont really care what arms he sells to SA ,as far as I am concerned they are an ally of the west (for now), and keep certain elements in check.

I dont care about their human rights record, their country ,their rules.

Yes he pushed the man out the way, I reckon the man had previously said something to make Trump do it, again I dont care.

If you think Clinton would have done a better job,or you believe Obama was a good Pres, then thats your opinion.

At the end of the day, the simple fact that the mainstream establishment dissed him and didnt want him, and are trying everything in their power to blacken him, means, to me anyway, that he is the right man for the job.

Its all good that you dont believe the hype and mainstream news, I am of a similar belief..But posting on social media isnt going to change a thing.

I don't think for one minute that Clinton would have done a better job (she's a war and deep state whore) I actually hoped she would lose, neither do I think that any of the previous presidents were any good either for America or the world in general and that most certainly includes Obama (whom I had originally hoped would be OK).

Trump is a game/man of two halves really :) he is genuinely sexist/racist/misogynist/bigoted as there are plenty of events on record to show as such, but he ran on the lets make peace ticket....................which he rather quickly abandoned.....................proving (yet again) that POTUS are not elected but selected ;) he is not in charge, the Military Industrial Complex and the owners of world media/banks are, that is the bigger point I am trying to make.

ps. It's good to know that you don't care that the West has sided with SA :hmm:, care to enlighten us which elements they're keeping in check that's more harmful than Isis or other somsuch terrorists ?

Britain only meets the figures because we include pensions in the calculation but there should be some 'strong words' with the rest. Its just so European, agree to something then totally fail to meet the commitment.

Didn't know that.

Same as for Greece but when you consider that pensions can be passed on and they are also available for the unmarried daughters of Generals then they can't be near 2%.

Just a few points there.

The msm shows what Trump physically does and says, that is not something you can change, it is the slant they put on things you have to be able to spot. So for example when he hurried through his Muslim ban which has since faced several US judges and so far failed because it is against their own constitution :yes:, the media by and large chose to ignore its innate racist as well as political nature and the fact logic said he was leaving the biggest potential sources of "terror" out. This narrative can EASILY be changed on a whim and HUGELY affects how the man on the street sees and absorbs world information. He said it was an emergency :whistling: yet here we are months have passed and nothing has happened to indicate it was an emergency yet during the same period white on brown crime has increased tenfold and statistics show white supremacist crime to be a bigger real problem to the US population.

The same applies to Corbyn here, the establishment does not like anti war candidates hence the entire msm machination is geared towards mocking him and his policies even though 5 minutes spent browsing the Tory V Labour manifesto's show Labour is trying to help the majority, save the nhs, increase our policing capacity and protect our army from coming to unnecessary harm.

So when I say broaden your horizons I am saying let yourself be in a position to read through different perspectives from many different sources and countries then make an informed choice as to what seems the most plausible.