Lincolnshire Police - Firearms Amnesty

kaunda

In 2014 the Lincolnshie Police held a Firearms Amnesty which garnered some 132 weapons,principally unlicensed shotguns

A further Amnesty is scheduled for the period 3rd July 2017 to 10th July 2017.

For details see the Lincolnshire Police website.

In 2014 the Lincolnshie Police held a Firearms Amnesty which garnered some 132 weapons,principally unlicensed shotguns

A further Amnesty is scheduled for the period 3rd July 2017 to 10th July 2017.

For details see the Lincolnshire Police website.

Really? Can you post a link to the breakdown of the 132 'weapons' surrendered?

Can you also explain why you feel the need for a legitimate shooters forum to be made aware of the details of any such amnesty on any police website?

Edited by Scully

This sub - forum is,and I quote - " The place for general information on shooting relating matters ". I think this submission is appropriate.

Ok, so why do you think an amnesty for the surrender of illegally held 'weapons', is a 'shooting related matter' on a forum regarding legitimately held firearms and their legitimate use, unless you're inferring there is a link between one and the other? Why would any of us have the need to look at the website otherwise?

Can you provide a link to the information regarding the breakdown of the 132 'weapons' referred to in your initial post?

Ok, so why do you think an amnesty for the surrender of illegally held 'weapons', is a 'shooting related matter' on a forum regarding legitimately held firearms and their legitimate use, unless you're inferring there is a link between one and the other? Why would any of us have the need to look at the website otherwise?

Can you provide a link to the information regarding the breakdown of the 132 'weapons' referred to in your initial post?

Perhaps not all users are as responsible as you or I, and perhaps this may be of interest to some using the forum. The title was clear enough, if you weren't interested don't read the thread, rather than jumping down someone else's throat for sharing.

At the end of the day we as SGC/FAC holders should be at the forefront of encouraging responsible use and supporting the police on such projects to protect the reputation of the responsible shooters.

I am interested, but not really interested in supporting the police.

I'm also still waiting for a link.

I'd also be interested to know if the OP is employed by Lincolnshire police and why he/she thinks an upcoming amnesty regarding the surrender of illegally held firearms should be of interest to legitimate shooters, given his claim that the majority of 'weapons' surrendered were unlicensed shotguns.

I'm very interested.

Edited by Scully

Why not post this thread? Whether you support the police or not their only trying to uphold the law as imposed by the democratically elected government, whether it is an effective measure or not is irrelevant but I for one would be happy to see even just one illegally held gun removed from our streets.

Sadly it won't be the street guns turned in

It'll be old air guns

Glue guns

Cap guns

Grease guns

Old hilti guns

And old shotguns found in lofts

Then the statistics will not show the true picture

There's no problem here with any unwanted guns local FLO happy to take and dispose of them he's well aware that old souvenir guns unlicensed loft dwellers ect are out there and turn up as the owners pass away

Amnesty in my opinion doesn't get gang guns of the streets

Anyway

Just my thoughts

All the best

Of

Sadly it won't be the street guns turned in

It'll be old air guns

Glue guns

Cap guns

Grease guns

Old hilti guns

And old shotguns found in lofts

Then the statistics will not show the true picture

There's no problem here with any unwanted guns local FLO happy to take and dispose of them he's well aware that old souvenir guns unlicensed loft dwellers ect are out there and turn up as the owners pass away

Anyway

Just my thoughts

All the best

Of

Pretty well my thoughts OF :).

Of

This ^ so hopefully the OP will be taking the time to post the same on the 'Gangland and Mobsters' forum where it will be much more relevant. 👍

Edit: double post!

Edited by Scully

I'm assuming by the silence of the OP he/she is in the employ of Lincolnshire ( sorry ) police and for reasons of manipulation of statistics by police authorities to strengthen their agenda, there is no breakdown by category and thereby lethality of all those 'weapons' handed in.

Edited by Scully

I'm waiting for a Leicestershire (not as the OP stated: Lincolnshire) amnesty. I am a RFD and have to pay to dispose of unwanted/scrap firearms and retain relevant paperwork. The Police (in Leicestershire) will not take them in for destruction from RFD's.

Kind of written a bit softcore official. Whenever I've seen pictures of the supposed vast hordes of illegal weapons that have been allegedly handed in on these amnesties, it looks like they have an old scrap bin of old rusty hammerguns and clapped out air rifles and random stuff that's just been tipped out on the ground. It isn't very convincing that weapons that are a credible threat to public safety are being removed from the street. If the op does work for plod why not just post. we the above are holding an amnesty and if you've got anything decent going spare give me a heads up and I'll slip round and do you a favour and take it off your hands so that you don't have to go and hand it in. Simple.

Edited by fortune

"Anyone handing in a weapon can ask to remain anonymous, however should officers discover that the firearm has been used in an incident they may wish to contact that person again for help with investigations."

That's one way of putting it! :lol: And surely doesn't this completely defeat the object of a gun amnesty as none of the 'proper' guns will ever get handed in :hmm: