Celtic fans

Davyo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to bring us hibees into it dave. That utube at Falkirk station was funny. Bunch o laddies prancing about!

Unfortunately hooliganism is on the rise throughout the UK and with social media its spread far more easily now. Ive never understood the buzz myself. Life bans for anyone involved I say. Still the SFA will turn a blind eye again.

Ok,maybe you should be clearer that you meant the only violence that goes on in Scotland involves the big 2.

And Aberdeen were involved,i didnt say they started the violence,but they were involved as they got a shoeing.

Heres a clip involving Hibs and Falkirk fans.Right enough,more posturing than fighting but it goes on up and down the country.

https://youtu.be/t49ooV3s3j4

No need to bring us hibees into it dave. That utube at Falkirk station was funny. Bunch o laddies prancing about!

Unfortunately hooliganism is on the rise throughout the UK and with social media its spread far more easily now. Ive never understood the buzz myself. Life bans for anyone involved I say. Still the SFA will turn a blind eye again.

Clearly Celtic and Rangers fans impersonating other fans fella.

Funny clip right enough and a bunch of rockets.

The world has been lead to believe the Scots footie supporters are real hard drinking, no nonsense, men's men.......that clip just busted the myth.......jocks prancing about like a lot of fairies! Whatever next? Lol!

Lol. True, but change fairies for fannies and its on the money.

There's a wee bit more to the story than simple fan on fan football violence, who'd a thunk it would have been Tommy "former EDL" Robinson sporting the rangers top? It seems it was his book signing, hosted at an off sales, that was the main focus of the trouble:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-40768511

Being a more of a shinty guy I've little or no interest in football and I find the whole football violence thing abhorrent, I just don't understand it, but Robinson; what was he thinking sporting a rangers top with celtic in town if it wasn't to insight trouble.

Edited by Uilleachan

There's a wee bit more to the story than simple fan on fan football violence, who'd a thunk it would have been Tommy "former EDL" Robinson sporting the rangers top? It seems it was his book signing, hosted at an off sales, that was the main focus of the trouble:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-40768511

Being a more of a shinty guy I've little or no interest in football and I find the whole football violence thing abhorrent, I just don't understand it, but Robinson; what was he thinking sporting a rangers top with celtic in town if it wasn't to insight trouble.

It was them pesky bad Scotch folk that done it.

It is a poor day when someone cannot wear a football shirt of their choice. That said, whilst the Celtic fans did cause damage, more recent reports say they were not the instigators.

Mix football, drink and idiots - the outcome is normally so predictable - whatever country they are from.

Spot on.

It is a poor day when someone cannot wear a football shirt of their choice. That said, whilst the Celtic fans did cause damage, more recent reports say they were not the instigators.

Mix football, drink and idiots - the outcome is normally so predictable - whatever country they are from.

Absolutely,and football has through the years attracted more than their fair share of idiots.

While I totally agree its a sad day when u can't wear a fitba shirt off ur choice, u also have to take some responsibility for ur fashion sense.

But u also have to ask why someone English wanted to wear a rangers top to a book signing at the same time as celtic were in town. I severely doubt he's a regular at ibrox

He wore it to provoke a reaction and seemingly got the reaction he was after

Celtic's fans are usually quite well behaved in general althou do express their political opinion often and vocally, (which has got celtic quite a few fines recently) and the views of the EDL would not be compatable

scotslad - hard to disagree, but a fair number of people wear football shirts. Whichever team the top represents, the rival team supporters will whinge. There will always be someone who can't bear the sight of another clubs strip, whilst wearing their own with pride.

In the trade, we call them hypocrites - stupid ones at that.

Tommy Robinson is not EDL, but I'm convinced his choice of apparel was not accidental.

http://www.scotzine.com/2016/06/rangers-fans-top-scottish-footballs-yob-league/

There's us thinking it's about team pride - in fact it's religion.

Perhaps that's England's fault as well..?

It's always been religion, and you'd be naive to think it's anything else.

Theres many fans - alot of young lads - sing songs of sectarian hatred, and have no idea what it even means. Their old man, or whoever took them to their first games sung these songs so we sing them... the whole it's them against us is engrained in alot of them, and other than thinking it's local rivalry, they have no idea why.

The vast majority of Scotland is ashamed of the sectarianism which goes on. But when almost every football club was founded by a church. Sadly it's very hard to get away from.

Edited by Harry Callahan

Its bigoted vile rubbish. a video just popped up on my fb with some 'fans' walking to the game singing a song about Lee rigbys murder. Its never normally bothered me from either side of the old firm as the SFA just turn a blind eye so we kinda just get on with it up here but its truly disgraceful the way they have acted. Most teams have their idiots but none that stupid and disrespectful

I can remember another time at Hampden at a Scotland v Republic friendly, was great craic in the pub beforehand drinking with a lot of irish fans and singing songs. More like the atmosphere u'd get at a rugby game really

The game nearly turned into a mini riot, we were sitting right were the segragtion should off been all these wee bams frae the schemes in there trackies singing these songs going nuts.

Spoke to some of the same irish lads after game in pub and they'd never seen or heard anything like it before. never even knew the songs existed

But the other side is equally as bad singing songs (and generally there fans are less well behaved) they really are an embarrassment to Glasgow/Scotland and completely ruin Glasgow as a decent drinking city.

As they fly the Irish tricolour at their stadium and wave it at all games ,i always have called them the irish team[/size]

Firstly,I have Zero interest in Scottish football and very little in football as a whole. For me the whole Celtic/Rangers thing is about hatred and and not about the football.

I have no shame in saying I have friends who are big Celtic fan's and also know that Celtic Football club was founded by an Irish Marist so I suppose it is no surprise that there is a big Irish following. Also considering the many people who emigrated to Scotland from here.

I also used to go out with a girl who supported the Ger's and even know a few Catholics who support Rangers also.

I really dont know what the point is that you are trying to make.? I have read on here from another Scot's Man also Saying he considered Celtic to be more of an Irish team as opposed to Scottish' I couldnt care less one way or another but I'm pretty sure there would be many with a similar View in that the NI national team would be more of a Scotch team than actually an Irish one

Funny Old Game Football.