lowther game fair

alros01

Up at 4am this morning and out on the road for 5am. Arrived a Lowther for 6:50am. Parked the car at the BASC Coaching line and made my way down to the main show ground in search of a bacon butty and a brew. Bumped into Mike Thornley Basc and found Duncan Thomas Basc waiting for the bacon to cook and the water to boil. Made my way back to the coaching line to find it slowly springing to life. Sorted my re accreditation thanks to Peter Wroe. Far too many names to list, but thanks to all the BASC Coaches and support staff who made the day a pleasure to be part of.

Went to the show on Saturday and there was plenty of trade stands to have a wander around despite the rain, cant blame the organisers for the weather!! Plenty of food stands but as always at these places, over priced.

Found it very expesive though at £18 entry into the show then £25 for a sixty bird shoot. I was told that if I got two entrys to the shoot then it would get Discounted but too be honest, not everyone wants two goes around. I will probably go again next year but wont bother shooting at those inflated prices. Would have been ok if discount could have been given on entry to those shooting and the parking could have been closer for carting guns and equipment to the shoot area.

Found it very expesive though at £18 entry into the show then £25 for a sixty bird shoot.

..... so anybody whose main interest was the clay shoot, rather than the rest of the show, would have been paying almost 72p per target.

Were there many people shooting? The number of entries might indicate whether people thought the price reasonable.

Went to the show on Saturday and there was plenty of trade stands to have a wander around despite the rain, cant blame the organisers for the weather!! Plenty of food stands but as always at these places, over priced.

Found it very expesive though at £18 entry into the show then £25 for a sixty bird shoot. I was told that if I got two entrys to the shoot then it would get Discounted but too be honest, not everyone wants two goes around. I will probably go again next year but wont bother shooting at those inflated prices. Would have been ok if discount could have been given on entry to those shooting and the parking could have been closer for carting guns and equipment to the shoot area.

You spoil everyone at your { Marne Barracks) shoots Tony, at £10 for 60 birds and better targets to boot. from Auntie.

I didn't think it was as busy as last year. Lots of unruly dogs as well. My bitch got snapped at for no reason by a grumpy old lab and I witnessed two big dogs (don't know make or model) going a each other in style whilst handlers attempted to untangle leads and separate them. Then dog waste not picked up in numerous places. Possibly wont bother next year.

Didn't bother this year as last year was rubbish, barely any country type trade stands no food hall like the previous years. No country sports art sales or antiques. But there were lots of house wares stands selling smelly candles and other tat like wicker hearts, not made locally or anything just china made sold on.

Last year buy two entries for the clay line and I'm sure you got a reduced ticket price also made the clays more reasonably priced by a bit too.

Not much in the way of hip flask drinks either so I vowed that was it for me. Untill I get told it's now fantastic and not to missed I won't be going again.