Difference between flappers

Lloyd90

What's the difference between a 'original' flapper and a turbo flapper? Having a look on AA site, £25 for the original and £45 for the turbo! They also have a flapper/pecker?

Any tips appreciated! I know there's plenty of old threads on these but there's apparently a new 2017 turbo flapper?

I think the main difference is the speed of the flapper. I have the original and it is in my opinion too slow as a pigeon flapper. Works a treat on corvids which is what I use it for, but my mates turbo version is better/ faster with a pigeon.

Edited by aga man

in fact I wouldn't bother with the turbo flapper I have one, had it 6 years now and rarely use it I find it puts birds off that are committing to the decoys if it flaps at the wrong moment, invest in a ff5 instead

I took off the intermittent timer on my old flapper and fitted a remote ( the bay cheap) and have it flap when I want and stop when I want, Suits me much better for the same reason..

Edited by Good shot?

I took off the intermittent timer on my old flapper and fitted a remote ( the bay cheap) and have it flap when I want and stop when I want, Suits me much better for the same reason..

there is a way to slow down a turbo flapper without a speed control by just using a 6ah battery instead of 7ah I just bought a ff5 so the turbo will be used for crows on the slower battery

Edited by yickdaz

there is a way to slow down a turbo flapper without a speed control by just using a 6ah battery instead of 7ah I just bought a ff5 so the turbo will be used for crows on the slower battery

Changing the amperage of a battery will make no difference, it's the voltage that determines the speed. You can find speed controllers on the bay of e for not much at all.

Changing the amperage of a battery will make no difference, it's the voltage that determines the speed. You can find speed controllers on the bay of e for not much at all.

I,m not that technical to be honest, all I know is the 2 small 6amp batts I use on it slow it right down ideal for crows with the slower wing beats

I've used the AA turbo flapper for six months now and find it works well. Using the intermittent set up and the flapper unit mounted higher on a 24" pole seems best for me,however ,I have used it set lower with the option of a battery in the hide and switch it on and off manually as the occasion demands. Its pretty simple inside and is easily dismantled for cleaning and lubrication. from the look of the innards it would be easy to fabricate any spare parts needed in future. Finally,,Andy Moss is a very pleasant chap to deal with.