Grenfell Inquiry

four-wheel-drive

Why do we need a massive amount of money spent on a enquiry

Place caught fire accidentally and

because toxic asbestos was removed and flammable material replaced it withNo sprinklers fitted people died

Fire brigades never had adequate equipment to deal with it or rescue people

Money better spent on fire brigade and new homes for the victims of this tragedy

Not on barristers and paper work

Just my thoughts

All the best

Of

because toxic asbestos was removed and flammable material replaced it withNo sprinklers fitted people died

Money better spent on fire brigade and new homes for the victims of this tragedy

Just my thoughts

All the best

Of

+1

Someone is to blame for the wrong material being used, whether it is the MD of the company that installed it, someone at the planning office at the council or the building inspector who signed the job off. Someone made a lot of money skimping on materials and a lot of people died.

The second tragedy will be if no one goes to prison! And sadly that will probably be the case?

All done to make a profit, with no regards for life.

Just my thoughts

All the best

Of

I'll bite.

When the building was erected it was built to a fire safety standard, indeed what happened during the fire couldn't have happened when the building was new or before significant modification fundamentally altered the safety design.

This doesn't affect one building, but hundreds dotted throughout the country, well England & Wales, this type of cladding was banned in Scotland after the Irvin cladding fire of 1999 and enshrined in law in 2004, regardless, this issue involves many local authorities and affect tens of thousands.

This wasn't a mere building fire, this was the worst peacetime civilian fire for several generations. A significant event, a domestic piper alpha and needs to be thoroughly investigated.

A judge led public inquiry is the only way we in this country can get to the bottom of a complex series of issues, that involves building regulation, local authority planning practice, material standards and public sector building management.

The allocation of blame, unless malpractice is discovered along the way, won't be the main focus and nor should it be. It highly unlikely a single individual or even a cabal of individuals could ever be identified as being responsible for this. This is a cultural and systemic issue, a breakdown of due process thats evolved over the course of 40+ years, rendering once safe building into potential death traps.

That lawyers will make money is neither here nor there.

I'll bite.

When the building was erected it was built to a fire safety standard, indeed what happened during the fire couldn't have happened when the building was new or before significant modification fundamentally altered the safety design.

This doesn't affect one building, but hundreds dotted throughout the country, well England & Wales, this type of cladding was banned in Scotland after the Irvin cladding fire of 1999 and enshrined in law in 2004, regardless, this issue involves many local authorities and affect tens of thousands.

This wasn't a mere building fire, this was the worst peacetime civilian fire for several generations. A significant event, a domestic piper alpha and needs to be thoroughly investigated.

A judge led public inquiry is the only way we in this country can get to the bottom of a complex series of issues, that involves building regulation, local authority planning practice, material standards and public sector building management.

The allocation of blame, unless malpractice is discovered along the way, won't be the main focus and nor should it be. It highly unlikely a single individual or even a cabal of individuals could ever be identified as being responsible for this. This is a cultural and systemic issue, a breakdown of due process thats evolved over the course of 40+ years, rendering once safe building into potential death traps.

They were just my thoughts

I'm aware that the building was modified and that some people will be held accountable

I still don't see the point point of spending millions on barristers and a enquiry

When it's obvious the money needs spending on upgrades for similar buildings and homes for the victims First

Just my thoughts

All the best

Of

I think a lot of it comes down to governments of all colours cutting down on the money that the council gets to run it services somewhere along the line it was decided that we did not need lots of building inspectors it should be left to the builders to follow what rules there are and this is what you get councils should be funded to have proper inspection of buildings as it used to be done.

I think they will end up saying that nobody was directly to blame but I think that we need proper building rules that states what you can and cannot do and or materials that can and cannot be used but this is just to simple for the powers that be to do.

They were just my thoughts

I'm aware that the building was modified and that some people will be held accountable

I still don't see the point point of spending millions on barristers and a enquiry

When it's obvious the money needs spending on upgrades for similar buildings and homes for the victims First

Just my thoughts

All the best

Of

Thing about a public inquiry is, that people can be legally called to give evidence or, account for their actions etc i.e. if called you have to attend. As it's on a legal footing the people are going to need lawyers, and as it's all going to be conducted in a court, it's going to cost. But it'll cost less than the disaster and hopefully prevent others.

My only concern is the inclusion of the issues surrounding the mismanagement of the aftermath, IMO that should be the subject of a separate inquiry, or court case against the council, as they've obviously fallen short on their legal obligations regarding resilience planning and readiness. Hopefully we'll have answers sooner rather than later and it won't get bogged down in issues surrounding the woeful behaviour of the Kensington authority.

I'll bite.

I am with you 100% well said! I also agree that the mis-management of the aftermath should be subject to a totally different enquiry.

I'll bite.

+1 - Good post

Edited by JohnfromUK

Just my thoughts

All the best

Of

I'm 100% with you on this .

Compensation will be paid after the blame game. That money will disappear into the system somewhere and they'll be nothing left to repair other buildings.

An investigation of sorts is required to prevent it happening again but not spending millions.

I always think it's wrong when families claim for a dead relative against hospitals, put the money on stopping things repeating themselves.

When I lost my sister we all chipped in to a baby monitor instead of donations / flowers. She'd be proud.

Saying this tho I do believe the cheap skates need locking up who caused this.

I have a much simpler approach to this ,Mr unbelievable taxi driver finds his fridge on fire then doesnt unplug it and go to the end of the corridor and get an extinguisher to put it out saving 90 lives .Instead he packs his bags ,takes them to his favorite friend and says get out my fridge is burning she takes the time to go and look for her self and say oh yes so it is only then does someone phone the firebrigade after 6 1/2 mins by which time the whole kitchen is burning and flames are scorching the insulation .

So no the council/goverment /housing association are not to blame the idiot who didnt bother putting the fire out is .

He is the start of this chaos and end of many innocent lives

So no the council/goverment /housing association are not to blame the idiot who didnt bother putting the fire out is .

The idea of building and fire regulations are in case a fire starts, how it started is irrelevant to how it spreed so quickly and who is responsible for the cladding etc and what lessons can be learned.

I have a much simpler approach to this ,Mr unbelievable taxi driver finds his fridge on fire then doesnt unplug it and go to the end of the corridor and get an extinguisher to put it out saving 90 lives .Instead he packs his bags ,takes them to his favorite friend and says get out my fridge is burning she takes the time to go and look for her self and say oh yes so it is only then does someone phone the firebrigade after 6 1/2 mins by which time the whole kitchen is burning and flames are scorching the insulation .

a big plus 1