Tommy Robinson

Rewulf

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

I believe Mungler got it right. Robinson has suddenly acquired an international profile.

He has indeed, Im not sure of by design.
Getting locked up with a wife and 3 kids at home seems a little extreme !
Never mind what may or may not happen to him inside, he could theoretically end up with some of the people (or their friends/family) he has been reporting on ?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know who's reasonable for most rural crime,stabbings in London and grooming but let's not mention which ethnic groups they come from .Pretending it's not happening  won't make it go away.I'm not a supporter of Tommy Robinson but locking him up while TV reporters are outside courts commenting on various major trails almost every day seems totally out of order .

1 hour ago, Tollerman said:

We all know who's reasonable for most rural crime,stabbings in London and grooming but let's not mention which ethnic groups they come from .Pretending it's not happening  won't make it go away.I'm not a supporter of Tommy Robinson but locking him up while TV reporters are outside courts commenting on various major trails almost every day seems totally out of order .

The difference between Tommy and the TV reporters outside the court, is that Tommy's live broadcast was in contempt of court, i.e. against long established english  law and the TV Reporters were not. To compound his contempt, he was still serving a suspended sentence for the same thing. Double bubble. Nothing more to it than that. 

The difference between Tommy and the TV reporters outside the court, is that Tommy's live broadcast was in contempt of court, i.e. against long established english  law and the TV Reporters were not. To compound his contempt, he was still serving a suspended sentence for the same thing. Double bubble. Nothing more to it than that. 

You cannot argue with this.

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

The Judge may have sent him to prison for contempt of court, but he was arrested for breach of the peace.

https://youtu.be/OwitkPBsHdo

I suggest you read this which has been posted before. 

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/05/25/what-has-happened-to-poor-tommy-robinson/

it details a lot lot about the case including why he was arrested for breach of the peace and charged with contempt of court. None of it is unusual. 

It also dispels the myth about him not being legally represented etc. 

14 minutes ago, AVB said:

I suggest you read this which has been posted before. 

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/05/25/what-has-happened-to-poor-tommy-robinson/

it details a lot lot about the case including why he was arrested for breach of the peace and charged with contempt of court. None of it is unusual. 

It also dispels the myth about him not being legally represented etc. 

The article is just a one sided opinion of a lefty Robinson hater (and anyone eles who doesn't agree with his lefty ideals, ie 'all us knuckle draggers'), who from his own admission is guilty of the same thing Robinson has been imprisoned for. But it's ok because he deleted his post/report.

Now I'm no supporter of Robinson,  but I do think he speaks a lot of truths, must of which, most people are too scared of being called a racist  (or knuckle dragger) to actually say.

As for his legal representation,  If you read one of my earlier post and then the link, I've never denied that he had representation, only that he had the duty solicitor and not his own.

14 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

and I really don't like the direction this country is going in, it doesn't feel free to me anymore, too many petty rules, not enough freedom or space to enjoy myself, coupled with a governnment that ignores the people's will and has forced us to accept uncontrolled migration and what I beleive is the start of the decimation of the traditional culture of UK citizens, very sad really.

Too True.    

does it really matter if he sounds or acts racist the guy is trying to put to light what is going on, and it is happening all over Britain and world for that matter, I like people who speak out on issues the goverment won't and don't want to deal with, but unfortunately he will be targeted in prison because they know who he is and what he stands for, so lets just hide what is going on as per usual 

13 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

The article is just a one sided opinion of a lefty Robinson hater (and anyone eles who doesn't agree with his lefty ideals, ie 'all us knuckle draggers'), who from his own admission is guilty of the same thing Robinson has been imprisoned for. But it's ok because he deleted his post/report.

Now I'm no supporter of Robinson,  but I do think he speaks a lot of truths, must of which, most people are too scared of being called a racist  (or knuckle dragger) to actually say.

As for his legal representation,  If you read one of my earlier post and then the link, I've never denied that he had representation, only that he had the duty solicitor and not his own.

You say "one sided opinion", yet the meat and veg of the article relates the known facts. Not, "new facts" or someone else's facts, Tommy's facts, the Author's facts etc. But the actual facts, complete with legal references. You may not like the tone the author takes, but that doesn't excuse you adding your own colour, "lefty Robinson hater", by way of dodging/denying the legal logic of the piece. Tone and opinion aren't facts.  

I'm not a lawyer, but I can read and I read the summing up of the judge who suspended his 3 month contempt conviction for 18 months back on the 22nd of May 2017, and I watched enough of Tommy's stream to know that he'd done the same thing in similar circumstances in direct contravention of the conditions of his suspended sentence.

That he was headed straight to jail couldn't have been in doubt. That the 2nd judge also found him in contempt of their case is consistent with the law, as was the length of the 2nd tariff. Duty lawyer experienced criminal defence lawyer, it matters not, because even Houdini wouldn't have escaped the evidence. Evidence Tommy produced and chose to broadcast to 10,000 Facebook followers, evidence then of his own making or manufacture. 

22 minutes ago, Uilleachan said:

You say "one sided opinion", yet the meat and veg of the article relates the known facts. Not, "new facts" or someone else's facts, Tommy's facts, the Author's facts etc. But the actual facts, complete with legal references. You may not like the tone the author takes, but that doesn't excuse you adding your own colour, "lefty Robinson hater", by way of dodging/denying the legal logic of the piece. Tone and opinion aren't facts.  

I'm not a lawyer, but I can read and I read the summing up of the judge who suspended his 3 month contempt conviction for 18 months back on the 22nd of May 2017, and I watched enough of Tommy's stream to know that he'd done the same thing in similar circumstances in direct contravention of the conditions of his suspended sentence.

That he was headed straight to jail couldn't have been in doubt. That the 2nd judge also found him in contempt of their case is consistent with the law, as was the length of the 2nd tariff. Duty lawyer experienced criminal defence lawyer, it matters not, because even Houdini wouldn't have escaped the evidence. Evidence Tommy produced and chose to broadcast to 10,000 Facebook followers, evidence then of his own making or manufacture. 

So why was he not arrested for contempt of court?

Why did they arrest him on a trumped up charge of breach of the peace?

Was it to get him in front of a judge as no warrant for contempt had been issued? 

I've also never said that what he did wasn't in breach of his court order, mearly that he wasn't arrested for contempt but a trumped up charge.

And you are 100% right, I didn't like the tone of the article, nor anything claiming to be the facts but is actually an attack on people having their own opinions which differ from the author's. I'm not sure about you but I like to make my own mind up, not be forced into someone else's view because if I don't then I'm some kind of racist or knuckle dragger or whatever other belittling name they choose to use, aimed at making you feel ashamed of your own views.

Also let's not forget that the actual trial was over and it was verdict day. How can he influence the outcome when the trail was over and the jury was about to give their verdict?

Edited by Newbie to this

21 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Also let's not forget that the actual trial was over and it was verdict day. How can he influence the outcome when the trail was over and the jury was about to give their verdict?

Unfortunately this isnt a defence against the contempt charge.
The jury were deliberating ,and could have taken another day, or more to come up with a verdict, and could theoretically been influenced.
Unlikely in my opinion, but that isnt the point, he did break the law, and it was his second hit, did he know he was still breaking the law by reporting outside the court? Im not sure, but I dont believe so.
The look of surprise and what he said ,says it all.
I still think he was dealt with harshly, surely reports before sentencing to get his affairs in order ?
The reporting restrictions seemed to be strange thing at the time, and still do.
What was the verdict on the grooming/rape case ?
Is the jailing of TR the smokescreen to take that away from the news ?
The whole aspect and speed of it is deeply worrying, and seems like a warning to others so outspoken about similar matters.
The Fransen thing seemed overly harsh ,sentence wise if Im honest, when you look at what others are given for serious assaults/robberies and sex crimes.

Its as if we are being conditioned to the fact that 'hate crimes' and by that I mean what used to be known as free speech, will be dealt with very hard by the courts.
Its a pity they dont extend that to real criminals.

13 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Unfortunately this isnt a defence against the contempt charge.
The jury were deliberating ,and could have taken another day, or more to come up with a verdict, and could theoretically been influenced.
Unlikely in my opinion, but that isnt the point, he did break the law, and it was his second hit, did he know he was still breaking the law by reporting outside the court? Im not sure, but I dont believe so.
The look of surprise and what he said ,says it all.
I still think he was dealt with harshly, surely reports before sentencing to get his affairs in order ?
The reporting restrictions seemed to be strange thing at the time, and still do.
What was the verdict on the grooming/rape case ?
Is the jailing of TR the smokescreen to take that away from the news ?
The whole aspect and speed of it is deeply worrying, and seems like a warning to others so outspoken about similar matters.
The Fransen thing seemed overly harsh ,sentence wise if Im honest, when you look at what others are given for serious assaults/robberies and sex crimes.

Its as if we are being conditioned to the fact that 'hate crimes' and by that I mean what used to be known as free speech, will be dealt with very hard by the courts.
Its a pity they dont extend that to real criminals.

:good:

The reality is that contempt of court is taken very seriously by judges as it undermines their authority. It is often a ‘go straight to jail, do not pass go, do not collect £200’ sentence and a relatively harsh one at that. 

People will have their own views on it but imo Robinson wasn’t treated any differently to anybody else convicted of the same thing, he was the cause of his own downfall and he is either dim for not realising the consequences of his actions or he knew what he was doing and got the result he wanted. 

49 minutes ago, KB1 said:

So what, he broke a law…..

At least he had the balls to draw attention to a serious issue, the otherwise goes somewhat unnoticed.

It’s not just that he broke a law. He jeopardised the trial. It could have resulted in a mis-trial costing hundreds of thousands of pounds or, even worse, the scumbags could have got off if they were successful in claiming that they couldn’t get a fair trial because of Robinson’s actions. 

Would people still be defending him then? 

3 minutes ago, AVB said:

It’s not just that he broke a law. He jeopardised the trial. It could have resulted in a mis-trial costing hundreds of thousands of pounds or, even worse, the scumbags could have got off if they were successful in claiming that they couldn’t get a fair trial because of Robinson’s actions. 

Would people still be defending him then? 

A large percentage of these 'scumbags' wouldn't be on trial if it wasn't for people like TR constantly on their case, so it could be argued that a few hundred grand is a risk worth taking when looking at the bigger picture.

21 minutes ago, Uilleachan said:

He didn't draw attention to it though, he's reacting after the fact and from what I've seen, is using the asian grooming gang issue to further his own cause, whatever that might be.    

His cause is to highlight the erosion of our nation. There are some races/religions that appear to say and do as they wish with little recourse.

Tommy comes from Luton. I am so so glad I do not live there!

Look at 'Rebel media' on YouTube. Read the comments. Tommy is seen as a hero. This isn't exclusive to the UK, either. The guy has balls!

Edited by motty

6 minutes ago, KB1 said:

A large percentage of these 'scumbags' wouldn't be on trial if it wasn't for people like TR constantly on their case, so it could be argued that a few hundred grand is a risk worth taking when looking at the bigger picture.

Why didn't he just wait a couple of days until the trial was over then? He could have broadcast as much as he liked and wouldn't now be spending 13 months inside. Unless of course he wanted to get arrested in order to bring attention to his cause. As I said before either dim (the first instance) or smart (the second instance).