Photo help please

Sciurus

Hi, can someone advise me how to upload a photo please? I have taken a photo on my phone but when I try to attach it to a comment, a message tells me ‘You can only upload 2.93 MB’, I have checked my previous attachments and that tells me ‘I have used 1.2 MB of 390mb allowed”  I am a computerphobe so the numbers are meaningless, however I have previously attached about 10 photos which are in my library. I have tried to delete these in case it makes a difference but it won’t let me.

Any suggestions in plain English would be appreciated. Thanks

32 minutes ago, Munzy said:

Sounds more like the single image itself is too large rather than a total allowance of all uploads.

Try reducing the dimensions of the image?

thats what i thought...beat me to it....i had issues like that a few years ago until i found out

sometimes if you try uploading two pictures together the second won't upload because you have gone over the limit, as the others have said you can crop the picture which will reduce the size.

Or load one then go off the topic, go back and load more, you can resize your pictures but cropping is easiest.

Hi Guys

Thanks for the help but I am afraid I am struggling and completely out of my depth. I was aware of Dangermouses guide but thought it was for really clever stuff, Anyway I have signed on with Imgbb, but not got any of the pages Dangermouse shows, it has let me upload my photo and create an album but I don’t know what to do with it. I have exited and gone back in, but just going round in circles.it is so frustrating!

Kev, I have an iPhone but because they don’t come with instructions, I haven’t a clue how to edit. There is an edit button but it only lets you rotate or change shade of photo.

I think I will have a lie down......!

1 hour ago, Sciurus said:

Kev, I have an iPhone but because they don’t come with instructions, I haven’t a clue how to edit. There is an edit button but it only lets you rotate or change shade of photo.

There are only so many things i can get my phone to do, but mines windows, same with computers im ok doing things i do regularly, everything else 😵😵😵 

I just post photos straight from my phone i resize them in an on phone app called photo editor . (Which is a very good app ) and then from pigeon watch forum go find it in my normal gallery. 

Its very easy. 

IMG_20181031_153807.jpg

The above image took about 45 seconds from finding the page? copying it , resizing it in in photo editor and going back into pw .and finding it in my gallery and posting it above .

In fact it took longer to just write that 🤣

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Practice.

Crikey, there’s no hope for me then. I have been using a computer daily  over 30 years. I worked from home, My Employers just dumped a computer on me and left me to get on with it. I went to night classes but they were pretty awful, most people including me would get stuck and then wait 40 minutes for the teacher to sort me out and then get stuck again 2 minutes later.... I can honestly say that using a computer has been the hardest and frustrating thing I have done. 30 years later I wouldn’t be without one but hate them with a passion and dread trying something new- it always ends in tears! 

Thanks, Stu, I found Pigeon Watch, whilst looking for a Mossberg 410. I enjoy using it, but wish it had abit more range ( I am used to 12 bore.

I was very lucky, I found a second hand Hushpower for sale with a dealer in Lancashire, I phoned up to reserve it and drove down to buy it. In the meantime an assistant sold it thinking it was me. Anyway the dealer was very apologetic and let me have a brand new one at cost. Well done Bamfords at Eccleston!

2 hours ago, Sciurus said:

Crikey, there’s no hope for me then. I have been using a computer daily  over 30 years. I worked from home, My Employers just dumped a computer on me and left me to get on with it. I went to night classes but they were pretty awful, most people including me would get stuck and then wait 40 minutes for the teacher to sort me out and then get stuck again 2 minutes later.... I can honestly say that using a computer has been the hardest and frustrating thing I have done. 30 years later I wouldn’t be without one but hate them with a passion and dread trying something new- it always ends in tears! 

Me and you must have the exactly same brain when it comes to computers , I was getting on fairly well with my last one that was that old it more or less went by steam , when that one packed up I treated myself to a new one , that is when we went back to the drawing board and started again from scratch , I am all right when the basics are going alright , once I get a small problem I have to wait till the expert comes round to sort it out , which is my grand daughter 😊