What's The Best All Round Cartridge for Sporting?

squodged

I have been using the black Eley No. 8's (about £100 for 1000) and they are excellent.

I use them every week at my local shoot and for general larking about on the clays. I have used 1000's upon 1000's of these and they shoot well and don't foul the gun. And never had a failure.

For the serious stuff I get 100 of the most expensive cartridges I can find in 8's. It's all in the head but with the gun, chokes and cartridges boxes ticked it's then definitely down to me, no excuses.

I have been using the black Eley No. 8's (about £100 for 1000) and they are excellent.

I use them every week at my local shoot and for general larking about on the clays. I have used 1000's upon 1000's of these and they shoot well and don't foul the gun. And never had a failure.

For the serious stuff I get 100 of the most expensive cartridges I can find in 8's. It's all in the head but with the gun, chokes and cartridges boxes ticked it's then definitely down to me, no excuses.

Mung

this could be a dangerous game to play

stepping up to better/faster shells you could start overleading stuff

i did

Hull Sovereign FITASC in 7.5 or 8 for me

Now you see there's proof you are on the right track. Top shooter you'd love to beat but won't, is using the shells you chose to beat you. Proves I need more skill not more shell :P

• 2 weeks later...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm white gold xlr 7.5, and just brought a load of browning winchester trap max 7.5 they seem good so far, think im going to try some of them new CSP cartridges that Just cartridges are advertising, see what they are like,

anyways white gold are my favourites,

but as i got an auto any old **** will do haha :lol:

I have been using Blue Diamonds 7.5 or Eley Hawks 7.5,

The Eleys seem to leave less powder in the Barrels also for some reason.

I have evn been using these for Pigeon shooting and they seem to bring them down dead at 40 to 50yds out.

Last time i payed £120 for 1000 Eley Hawks (might be called Blue Hawks), that was at Litts Newport

Cheers

Now you see there's proof you are on the right track. Top shooter you'd love to beat but won't, is using the shells you chose to beat you. Proves I need more skill not more shell :lol:

Claybuster 7.5 fibre wad. You KNOW it makes sense :lol:

Si

Either claybuster 7.5 28g (fibre wad optional!) or my current fave: Eley Olympic Trap 8 28g.

They seem to have pretty much the same range as the Claybusters, are about the same sort of price and have a few more pellets in. And they are blue, so you can see them easily to pick them up.

Basically, the best cartridge I have found for sporting is one that:

a) works

:lol: hits things

c) is cheap

Which explains my selections.