Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
farmer7

RABBIT SHOOTING INVERNESS AREA

Recommended Posts

Looking for some committed rabbit shooter/shooters. We have a a lot to get rid off, they're making a real mess of the fields.

Ideally shot day and night. 

Must be competent,safe and fully insured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mice! said:

What's a rabbit? 😉

great offer.

You'd not forget what a rabbit looked like here!

Plenty of scope for ferreting too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will have a chat with the old fella and get back if you are still looking.

A couple of hours away but could do a whole day and night with a few folk now and again if thats agreeable for you.

Hopefully you get someone closer that could put in more appearances though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that would be fine. What I don't want is someone turning up to shoot 5 or 6 in an evening twice a year! (I've had a few folk like that). Whilst each rabbit counts I'm looking to really thin them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Understandable.

Although rabbits have declined some bits are still plagued and cant be left for a wee bit of sport for a few hours with the amount of damage.

As said,will get back when ive had a chat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, farmer7 said:

Yeah that would be fine. What I don't want is someone turning up to shoot 5 or 6 in an evening twice a year! (I've had a few folk like that). Whilst each rabbit counts I'm looking to really thin them out.

Great offer.. I am very keen to get as many rabbits as possible this year for my business,  [mixy has done for us this year] biggest problem is that Im on Harris, I would need a lot in a short time to pay for ferry and B&B, are you interested in infrequent but intensive visits ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, farmer7 said:

You'd not forget what a rabbit looked like here!

Plenty of scope for ferreting too!

I don't doubt it, Angus was the last area i saw good numbers of rabbits (2003 ish), but i don't go looking for them these days.

see the odd one or two near me, always makes me smile 😊 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend who has an estate in Angus used to employ a full time rabbit catcher. His ten year average was 24,000 rabbits per year and at that level his employment was virtually self financing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JDog said:

A friend who has an estate in Angus used to employ a full time rabbit catcher. His ten year average was 24,000 rabbits per year and at that level his employment was virtually self financing.

Driving from Arbroath to the pictures in Dundee my misses would be a nervous wreck waiting for a rabbit or three to commit suicide under the car!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, islandgun said:

Great offer.. I am very keen to get as many rabbits as possible this year for my business,  [mixy has done for us this year] biggest problem is that Im on Harris, I would need a lot in a short time to pay for ferry and B&B, are you interested in infrequent but intensive visits ?

Yeah that would be fine. How many would you need to make it worthwhile?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, farmer7 said:

Yeah that would be fine. How many would you need to make it worthwhile?

Brilliant ! regarding numbers the more the merrier,  at the moment im thinking two nights in Inverness which would give me two half days and a full day to fit in with ferries.. I will PM you.. I wonder if Sako 751 and his old fella would fancy a shot ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a BASC member and therefore fully ensured. I use an air rifle for my pest control for now as my shotgun is still abroad. 

Do contact me if you still need a good responsible shooter to take down some rabbits. 

Mr J S Valente 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could help if needed. Scottish Gamekeeper member and FAC holder. 

I have. 22 and .17 Hmr with mods. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If this GL business is not sorted out quickly, you could be charging £25 PER BUNNY by next week  !   😄

Edited by Westley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Make sure you take enough ammo.

A few years ago a mate and I did an afternoon near Kingussie and used nearly 2 bricks of subs in an afternoon.

Edited by Robertt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish we had rabbit numbers like that down here in Bristol, would love some to have a go at walked up over my young spaniel 😞 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

Wish we had rabbit numbers like that down here in Bristol, would love some to have a go at walked up over my young spaniel 😞 

There used to be many 100's on some of my permissions in the 1980's/90's. Sadly, numbers are now at an all time low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...