Extinction Rebellion

WestonSalop

22 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

...:good:

Heard 750 ish arrested, anyone know what the outcome was at court.?

£1000 sounds about right, keep doubling it every time they are arrested, give daddy a bill to pay....

it end up at 50p/week...for ever and ever

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

I heard on the news that most were being taken to the station and released without charge.

Just read that quite a few returned to protest after their release...???

All sorted now, mein fuhrer turned up,

TV presenter and naturalist Chris Packham joined protesters at Oxford Circus on Wednesday, saying: “I believe the world’s leaders are not acting urgently enough to avert a climate catastrophe.

1 minute ago, oowee said:

A very difficult one for the police to manage. Did you see their French counter parts in action with liberal quantities of pepper spray being used on protesters.

Yep, and so long as the protestors continue to be well behaved, albeit disruptive, it puts the police in a very invidious position should they take more forceful action.

It also demonstrates how easily through simple weight of numbers that public disorder can overwhelm our policing efforts.

3 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Yep, and so long as the protestors continue to be well behaved, albeit disruptive, it puts the police in a very invidious position should they take more forceful action.

It also demonstrates how easily through simple weight of numbers that public disorder can overwhelm our policing efforts.

Too true. I was watching the police carrying out the protesters. You have to be impressed with the calm and cool approach, hats off to them, I could not do it. 

19 hours ago, Scully said:

Good luck with that, you're going to need it.

I'm not denying the climate is changing, ( and never have ) only very sceptical that it is man made. I'm not suggesting we shouldn't do what we can to recycle and diminish our use of consumables or energy either, but the suggestion that we will or can do anything to reverse the current trend is simply ridiculous and naive beyond belief. 

But I also have absolutely no doubt that schemes will be proposed and implemented which will entail taxing some people out of the type of vehicle they prefer to drive ( this is already ongoing ) and other taxes to impact on us even more; and when this proves to be of no avail they will tax us more and implement other schemes by which to impede in our day to day lives. None of this will have any effect on those who can afford it however. Sorted. 

Is IMHO the correct answer.

The planet has always been in a state of flux, it that were to stop so would all life on it? It will eventually anyway

14 hours ago, ditchman said:

and more importantly do they wash often enough

Soon, according to the latest information none of us will be able to wash due to waters shortages.

1 hour ago, old man said:

Yes and they knew where to aim too?

in the 1960's the student riots in Paris..........the police shot them in their legs.........plenty good enough

where is that "microwave machine" that was developed.....you point the dish at the human target ...turn it on and it rattles the be-jeesus out of your nerve endings ...producing very intense pain of burning ....like being dipped in acid...........but as soon as the machine is turned off....no ill effects......

boy oh boy that would sort em out.....they would be dancing around like scalded cats....

Edited by ditchman

2 minutes ago, ditchman said:

in the 1960's the student riots in Paris..........the police shot them in their legs.........plenty good enough

A few of them bouncing rubber bullets would move them 🙂 Or even the water cannon that Boris bought. What happened to them? 

5 hours ago, ditchman said:

where is that "microwave machine" that was developed.....you point the dish at the human target ...turn it on and it rattles the be-jeesus out of your nerve endings ...producing very intense pain of burning ....like being dipped in acid...........but as soon as the machine is turned off....no ill effects......

boy oh boy that would sort em out.....they would be dancing around like scalded cats....

Now that I like the sound of. 

1 hour ago, GingerCat said:

Now that I like the sound of. 

saw it demonstrated on TV couple of years ago...it was 200 yds away turned it on to this tough ex navy seal.............he nearly pooped himself.....and that was only 4 secs worth

5 hours ago, Scully said:

Be careful what you wish for...one day it may be you. 🙂

Indeed, in our desire to embrace harsh control for those we disagree with we need to remember that those that control the harsh measures may not always agree with us.

The more we encourage legislation the greater the loss of our freedoms. That lesson is written throughout history time and again yet we blithely ignore it as we look through far too narrow blinders.