BREXIT

JohnfromUK

4 minutes ago, henry d said:

Sorted

Probably true, things are hard when your wasting money on mobile phones, booze fags, cable.

I know this won't apply to everyone but I'm sure it does to a lot.

I work away 4 days a week manage to feed myself on £20-25 a week, hardly expensive.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Why , who paid for the prorogation case :whistling:

I may be wrong but thought it was funded privately by the Good Law Project - do you KNOW otherwise?

2 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

But removal of the veto would be the foundations for forcing such things like the single currency on those that do not wish it.

And a legit reason to tell the EU to poke it, if and when it happens.

Just now, oowee said:

It's not a real option if it makes us so much worse off and the EU know it. They can simply let us go no deal and wait till we return impoverished.

There you go again with your crystal ball....
Verhofstadt himself has revealed how much a  FTA with the UK could create a Singapore style advantage to us, parked right off the French coast.
And he is rightfully fearful of it.

5 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I stated previously that something like forcing the Euro on us would be valid grounds for considering leaving.

Rumours about the removal of the veto are not adequate grounds in my opinion.

Fair enough I could easily have missed it, but it's not being discussed in the media. Just how bad things will be if we leave, not what will be forced on us if we stay.

I truly hope we crash out on the 31st, I don't see it affecting the average Joe at all.

2 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I may be wrong but thought it was funded privately by the Good Law Project - do you KNOW otherwise?

Well seeing as they won the case, WE payed for it didnt we, just like we payed for Millers cases that she won...

But who funds the good law project ? 'Donations' I would imagine ;)

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

Well seeing as they won the case, WE payed for it didnt we, just like we payed for Millers cases that she won...

I understood that the law firm did the work pro bono.

8 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Fair enough I could easily have missed it, but it's not being discussed in the media. Just how bad things will be if we leave, not what will be forced on us if we stay.

I truly hope we crash out on the 31st, I don't see it affecting the average Joe at all.

Not being discussed because it's not relevant right now, as I asserted previously.

I fear you really are way off the mark on your last statement, I suspect it will be the average Joe who is affected the most.

10 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

crowdfunded i believe, there you go get crowdfunding if you feel strongly enough about it.

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I fear you really are way off the mark on your last statement, I suspect it will be the average Joe who is affected the most.

Yup, my wifes pension forecast has just hit the doormat and we will find out how much we will be living on for the next XX years and I`m sure a no deal will affect it a lot.

16 minutes ago, oowee said:

I understood that the law firm did the work pro bono.

Il bet they did.

8 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

crowdfunded i believe, there you go get crowdfunding if you feel strongly enough about it.

I dont believe money will be an issue, after all theres a potential 17.4 million donations....

2 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Not being discussed because it's not relevant right now, as I asserted previously.

It is relevant though, we keep hearing about going of the cliff edge into the abyss if we leave, but the other side of the coin if we're forced to stay, the Euro their courts possible tax changes?

How many average Joes do you know? Guys who work shifts, plummers, plasterers, police, car sales, joiners, mechanics, the list could go on and on.

They simply won't notice, there will still be bills to pay, food to put on the table.

hopefully without the EU telling us how to do things

The time for debating the scenarios was prior to the referendum vote - reinforces the view that the referendum was not executed properly - but that's in the past now. Remain scenarios only become relevant if we drop Brexit.

Let's drop Brexit and then start to discuss the Remain scenarios. Priceless junk. You couldn't make it up.

4 minutes ago, Mice! said:

It is relevant though, we keep hearing about going of the cliff edge into the abyss if we leave, but the other side of the coin if we're forced to stay, the Euro their courts possible tax changes?

How many average Joes do you know? Guys who work shifts, plummers, plasterers, police, car sales, joiners, mechanics, the list could go on and on.

They simply won't notice, there will still be bills to pay, food to put on the table.

hopefully without the EU telling us how to do things

But it isn't relevant if you hold firm on your belief that we are going to leave on 31st October. I've tried looking at it from different perspectives and it no make sense!

I know plenty, including myself.

38 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

And a legit reason to tell the EU to poke it, if and when it happens.

Don't take my rumour hearing for it. Just listen to Guy Verhofstadt himself.

"Verhofstadt plans to get rid of EU members veto! 

Guy Verhofstadt insisted unanimity rules currently in place in the European Union hinder the decision-making powers of European institutions."

These are not my words but copied from a facebook group.

Edited by Newbie to this

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

:lol::good:

It does seem rather pointless when you think about it !
Its like leaving , then discussing how bad its going to be !

Thanks for sharing the further gem from the resident purveyor of balanced views on all things.

I might suggest that some Brexiteers actually need to go back to school and learn rhetoric and logic but in certain cases there is scant evidence they ever went in the first place. But it's OK because anyone with opposing views to them is an idiot. Sorted. 

3 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Thanks for sharing the further gem from the resident purveyor of balanced views on all things.

I might suggest that some Brexiteers actually need to go back to school and learn rhetoric and logic but in certain cases there is scant evidence they ever went in the first place. But it's OK because anyone with opposing views to them is an idiot. Sorted. 

Its because we are all uneducated racists ! What did you expect :lol:

Good to see you follow standard remain thinking .

3 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Erm thanks, I think. I struggled through it. I still can’t see why you call disaster. The massive holes in that document are (if I understand correctly) the assumption that trade is balanced and ignoring the costs of membership (unless these have deducted from the gains).

The surprise is the imbalance in the regions when you look at the relative and absolute gains of membership. This is mirrored the disportionate gains to metropolitan areas in the uk.

It also states that countries outside the sm are only marginally worse off due to being outside the sm. Furthermore there are the (currently unquantifiable) gains to trade through being outside.

So I still don’t know. And I really believe we are not leaving anyway so all the anger has been for nothing. It’s that toxic residue that will cause problems in the future not trade repercussions.

I love the way things have to be shared before some people feel able to comment. Still dishing out the stick, whilst claiming victim status.  I am not sure why someone described themselves as an idiot, but they should take the cap that fits.

1 minute ago, Gordon R said:

I love the way things have to be shared before some people feel able to comment. Still dishing out the stick, whilst claiming victim status.  I am not sure why someone described themselves as an idiot, but they should take the cap that fits.

Hes blocked you Gordon, he cant see your comment until someone else quotes it.