BREXIT

JohnfromUK

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

But do they stay there after being granted citizenship, thus being eligible for freedom of movement!

Why would they go through the naturalisation process (they have to have been there legally for 7-8 years) and then not stay, they could have carried on to a country they wanted to live in?

31 minutes ago, henry d said:

Why would they go through the naturalisation process (they have to have been there legally for 7-8 years) and then not stay, they could have carried on to a country they wanted to live in?

You are probably right, but considering that countries like Germany are deporting many more than they accept, maybe they don't bother waiting for naturalisation and just take advantage of the open boarders!

Edited by Newbie to this

6 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

You are probably right, but considering that countries like Germany are deporting many more than they accept, maybe they don't bother waiting for naturalisation and just take advantage of the open boarders!

But they are not open to all, only EU citizens and they are not EU citizens so they can`t take advantage of so called "open borders".

The top reasons for immigration were for family (48%), employment (19%) and education (5%). Of those who came for family or employment reasons, 72% and 85% respectively came from European countries led by Poland, Romania and Italy.

Only 15% of migrants, half of whom are from the Middle East, came as refugees seeking asylum. Linkety link

Does that help?

7 minutes ago, henry d said:

But they are not open to all, only EU citizens and they are not EU citizens so they can`t take advantage of so called "open borders".

Does that help?

But the borders are open to all and sundry, once in the EU's freedom of movement... a carefully considered way of creating less individual countries nationalist identity tendencies as a long term game plan in my opinion.

Can't help wondering if the commentators are jumping the gun on what Corbyn has said and intends to do about a GE in December, as far as I can see all he has said is he agrees there needs to be an early election. I wouldn't bet against him suggesting the 1st Feb as his preferred date 🙂

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

Can't help wondering if the commentators are jumping the gun on what Corbyn has said and intends to do about a GE in December, as far as I can see all he has said is he agrees there needs to be an early election. I wouldn't bet against him suggesting the 1st Feb as his preferred date 🙂

Sure he's said he OK with  December? 

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

It goes to show how easily people are fooled by this rubbish. 

:good:, but my statement is still true (although possibly misguided see my replys to Henry). If they gain citizenship are they not eligible to go wherever they like within the EU :hmm:

Edited by Newbie to this

8 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

:good:, but my statement is still true (although possibly misguided see my replys to Henry). If they gain citizenship are they not eligible to go wherever they like within the EU :hmm:

They can actually move about freely without citizenship, as long as they have leave to remain. 

2 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

:lol: have you tried stand up.

If they are trying for asylum in a country then that is where they stop...end of and that is what we were talking about. As soon as they claim asylum/are detained then the borders close tight.

38 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

If they gain citizenship are they not eligible to go wherever they like within the EU :hmm:

Yes, but why the flip flop would they after putting down roots over 7-8 years? Holidays perhaps?

Check out the stats about German (non-EU) immigrants, the vast majority are of Turkish background and are almost double the amount of Polish immigrants

6 minutes ago, henry d said:

Check out the stats about German (non-EU) immigrants, the vast majority are of Turkish background and are almost double the amount of Polish immigrants

Besides the fact that Turks have been coming to Germany since  the 60s, long before the EU, Schengen or free movement, numbers of Polish migrants are about the same. 

And what's this about 'once you claim asylum, the borders close tight'? 

What borders? There isn't any? 

32 minutes ago, henry d said:

If they are trying for asylum in a country then that is where they stop...end of and that is what we were talking about. As soon as they claim asylum/are detained then the borders close tight.

So do the Germans etc. put them in internment camps until their claims are assessed? (Maybe they do, we all know Germany's history with camps). 

If not what is to stop them just crossing over any of the more or less non-existent borders, especially if it's not looking good for there claim.

I see that the Germans have taken to deporting unsuccessful claimants (and there a many) back to the place they entered the EU, like Italy for example, what happens to them then :hmm:. Italy doesn't want them, so their journey across the non-existent EU borders, starts again. Then where are they heading for?

My guess is North of France or similar, where they hope to seek some illegal passage to the UK.

44 minutes ago, henry d said:

Yes, but why the flip flop would they after putting down roots over 7-8 years?

Why did all the Polish, Bulgarians etc:hmm:even after having roots from birth. Why does anyone?

48 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

So do the Germans etc. put them in internment camps until their claims are assessed? (Maybe they do, we all know Germany's history with camps). 

If not what is to stop them just crossing over any of the more or less non-existent borders, especially if it's not looking good for there claim.

I see that the Germans have taken to deporting unsuccessful claimants (and there a many) back to the place they entered the EU, like Italy for example, what happens to them then :hmm:. Italy doesn't want them, so their journey across the non-existent EU borders, starts again. Then where are they heading for?

My guess is North of France or similar, where they hope to seek some illegal passage to the UK.

Why did all the Polish, Bulgarians etc:hmm:even after having roots from birth. Why does anyone?

Did you not read the quote above? 48% migrate to be with family or family reasons, that's why they move and that is why they stay. 

Regarding camps, that has also been answered and if they move on to another country they are immediately sent back to the first country they claimed asylum in, as per the law. Has this helped?

41 minutes ago, henry d said:

Has this helped?

Not really, the original discussion was about asylum seeker numbers. 

I don't think that having family members already there constitutes a valid asylum claim :hmm:

Seeker - "I want to claim asylum on the grounds that some family members are already in your country"

Official - "so are you fleeing political persecution?"

Seeker - "No my family have a better life here and I want that too"

So again

Why did all the Polish, Bulgarians etc, even after having roots from birth, migrate. Why does anyone?

Edited by Newbie to this

A brief note of caution for the many on here that are celebrating tonight. Fireworks can be dangerous so please be careful. We don't want to loose 'one of ours' in a careless accident. Attached below is a picture of how you might launch your rockets and rather than making the traditional whoooosh sound as your rocket ascends into the upper stratosphere can I suggest that they are launched with a hearty Eeeeeeee Uuuuuuuuu. 

Remember not a moment before 12 and try also spare a thought for the 16.5m (17.4m minus natural depreciation) disappointed members of society out there as well as some unfortunate lying in a ditch. 

Firework Rockets

Don't forget to stock up for the next one. :good: 

2 hours ago, oowee said:

A brief note of caution for the many on here that are celebrating tonight. Fireworks can be dangerous so please be careful. We don't want to loose 'one of ours' in a careless accident. Attached below is a picture of how you might launch your rockets and rather than making the traditional whoooosh sound as your rocket ascends into the upper stratosphere can I suggest that they are launched with a hearty Eeeeeeee Uuuuuuuuu. 

Remember not a moment before 12 and try also spare a thought for the 16.5m (17.4m minus natural depreciation) disappointed members of society out there as well as some unfortunate lying in a ditch. 

Firework Rockets

Don't forget to stock up for the next one. :good: 

All my largest rockets are aimed at Somerset!:P