Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Old Boggy

Tattoos, love them or loathe them ?

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Scully said:

Ok. I’m just finding it difficult to believe that if you don't regard those women who have tattoos on the small of their backs as tramps,  then why you would refer to them as ‘tramp stamps’? Does the positioning of a tattoo make any difference to a womans morals, perceived or otherwise? 

If she had ‘Warning: slippery when wet’ on the inside of her thigh I could understand your comment, but only for that individual person and not everyone who had a tattoo in such a place. 🙂See what I mean? 

No, I don't see what you mean, as I'm referring to a particular type of tattoo, not a person🙄  For example, if I had said I don't like 'Sleeve's', would you then infer that I am calling people sleeve's?  To be honest, I thought you had got the wrong end of the stick when you saw my original comment as a 'sweeping statement' when in fact it was a reference to a particular type of tattoo…….   Anyway, its too trivial a thing for me to have a protracted disagreement on, so I'll leave it there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KB1 said:

No, I don't see what you mean, as I'm referring to a particular type of tattoo, not a person🙄  For example, if I had said I don't like 'Sleeve's', would you then infer that I am calling people sleeve's?  To be honest, I thought you had got the wrong end of the stick when you saw my original comment as a 'sweeping statement' when in fact it was a reference to a particular type of tattoo…….   Anyway, its too trivial a thing for me to have a protracted disagreement on, so I'll leave it there.

But isn't it referred to as a 'tramp stamp' because of where it is rather than its subject? If not then what makes it a 'tramp stamp'? It could be of anything.... a cat, bat, car, flower, tree, heart etc etc etc.  It's not a 'tramp stamp' if it's on her neck, or wrist, or wherever, is it? 

Likewise, a sleeve is called a sleeve because of where it is, but the subject can be anything. Therefore you're not referring to a particular type of tattoo; you're referring to where it is. Doesn't it logically follow then, that by association, any woman with a tattoo of whatever subject, on the base of her spine, is categorised as a tramp?  🙂 You're right, it is trivial...unless you're a female with a tattoo on the base of your spine of course. 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Scully said:

But isn't it referred to as a 'tramp stamp' because of where it is rather than its subject? If not then what makes it a 'tramp stamp'? It could be of anything.... a cat, bat, car, flower, tree, heart etc etc etc.  It's not a 'tramp stamp' if it's on her neck, or wrist, or wherever, is it? 

 

 

Tramp Stamp is a tattoo at the small of the back which is what KB1 was referring to. He wasnt calling all Tattoos tramp stamps. 

As said before i love tattoos on women but also not a fan of the "Tramp Stamp" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ferguson_tom said:

 

Tramp Stamp is a tattoo at the small of the back which is what KB1 was referring to. He wasnt calling all Tattoos tramp stamps. 

 

I know, but is he calling all women with tattoos at the base of their spine, tramps? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Scully said:

I know, but is he calling all women with tattoos at the base of their spine, tramps? 

No, its just common reference to a tattoo in that area on a woman. I know quite a few ladies who have them who now refer to them as a that, its not a nice saying and is more used when referring to the tattoo in a negative context but its by no means calling the woman themselves a tramp.

Edited by ferguson_tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ferguson_tom said:

No, its just common reference to a tattoo in that area on a woman. I know quite a few ladies who have them who now refer to them as a that, its not a nice saying and is more used when referring to the tattoo in a negative context but its by no means calling the woman themselves a tramp.

Doesn't make sense to me. It's obviously called that for a reason......more in the way of referring to a woman in a negative context in my opinion.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scully said:

Doesn't make sense to me. It's obviously called that for a reason......more in the way of referring to a woman in a negative context in my opinion.  

explains it better than i can https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lower-back_tattoo

But calling it a tramp stamp is not calling the woman who has it a tramp its just a common term for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Scully said:

Doesn't make sense to me. It's obviously called that for a reason......more in the way of referring to a woman in a negative context in my opinion.  

Me thinks you doth protests to much 🙄

this is a trivial subject and one most would laugh off 😉

the link to Wikipedia should explain it to you 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scully said:

I know, but is he calling all women with tattoos at the base of their spine, tramps? 

NO, 'he' definitely is NOT🙄  and it's about time you put on what is normally you're sensible head, and accept that you can sometimes be mistaken in your judgement 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, KB1 said:

NO, 'he' definitely is NOT🙄  and it's about time you put on what is normally you're sensible head, and accept that you can sometimes be mistaken in your judgement 🤔

Ok, but I’m not sure my judgement is mistaken as you’ve chosen to ignore my response to your illogical post regarding calling people ‘sleeves’, so I’ll stick to calling tattoos at the base of a woman’s spine as tattoos at the base of a woman’s spine, instead of tramp stamps. 👍 I’m done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Scully said:

Ok, but I’m not sure my judgement is mistaken as you’ve chosen to ignore my response to your illogical post regarding calling people ‘sleeves’, so I’ll stick to calling tattoos at the base of a woman’s spine as tattoos at the base of a woman’s spine, instead of tramp stamps. 👍 I’m done. 

You're a funny onion at times Scully🥴

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mrs c's tramp stamp was of a butterfly , now it's of a

B      U      T       T      E      R      F      L      Y   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Scully said:

Doesn't make sense to me. It's obviously called that for a reason......more in the way of referring to a woman in a negative context in my opinion.  

For what it’s worth I agree with you, i’m far from PC and no liberal snowflake, but sayings like “tramp stamps” or “slag tags” is nothing other than ignorant misogynism.  I know it is a common slang term, but so was calling black people ******, sambo or darky.

It’s not really the slang terminology in itself that annoys me, but the ignorance behind the use of the language.

I do appreciate there was no malice or intent to offend in the earlier posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, grrclark said:

For what it’s worth I agree with you, i’m far from PC and no liberal snowflake, but sayings like “tramp stamps” or “slag tags” is nothing other than ignorant misogynism.  I know it is a common slang term, but so was calling black people ******, sambo or darky.

It’s not really the slang terminology in itself that annoys me, but the ignorance behind the use of the language.

I do appreciate there was no malice or intent to offend in the earlier posts.

Comparing racist rhetoric to a Tattoo name is to say the least, extreme…….

I think it's also fair to say, that there is a modicum of ignorance in the understanding of peoples perceptions when it comes to the intentional meanings behind 'a name' depending on your generation etc.  For example, many people who get a tattoo on their lower backs actually ask for a 'Tramp Stamp'.  Many Tattoo artists advertise multiple 'Tramp Stamp' designs.  The internet is full of 'Tramp Stamp' paraphernalia……….  It's only derogatory if you view it in that way😳

I've never heard of anyone with such a tattoo refer to it as "A Lower Back Tattoo", but I've heard many refer laughingly to their own as a "Tramp Stamp', as it doesn't carry the label as attached by you🙄

One example: https://www.gettattoosideas.com/lower-back-tattoos/

You may not be PC or a liberal snowflake, but there are plenty out there and they would have called this one out a long time ago if it was in any way misogynistic…… 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KB1 said:

You're a funny onion at times Scully🥴

Ditto. I find you puzzling also. Despite not knowing anyone with such a tattoo refer to it as a lower back tattoo, you then provide a link to a tattoo parlour which refers to them as just that, as well as tramp stamps, but then goes to some length to distance itself from the association with the derogatory term, by associating them with mysterious allure.

As grrclark made a reference to, blacks can call each other the ‘n’ word and it means nothing to them; but it’s still a derogatory term and not one I would use. 

Tramp stamps were or are labelled as such for a reason, and in my opinion the term is derogatory which ever way you look at it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Scully said:

Ditto. I find you puzzling also. Despite not knowing anyone with such a tattoo refer to it as a lower back tattoo, you then provide a link to a tattoo parlour which refers to them as just that, as well as tramp stamps, but then goes to some length to distance itself from the association with the derogatory term, by associating them with mysterious allure.

As grrclark made a reference to, blacks can call each other the ‘n’ word and it means nothing to them; but it’s still a derogatory term and not one I would use. 

Tramp stamps were or are labelled as such for a reason, and in my opinion the term is derogatory which ever way YOU look at it. 

Enough people have pointed it out to you, and now it seems it's descending in virtue signalling……. so it's probably better we agree to disagree and leave it there.  On a positive note, I generally find myself in agreement with most of your comments on here👍

Edited by KB1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KB1 said:

Enough people have pointed it out to you, and now it seems it's descending in virtue signalling……. so it's probably better we agree to disagree and leave it there.  On a positive note, I generally find myself in agreement with most of your comments on here👍

And me with yours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Scully said:

Doesn't make sense to me. It's obviously called that for a reason......more in the way of referring to a woman in a negative context in my opinion.  

Popularised by US porn stars, hence the moniker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i googled "tramp stamp"............................

clicked on the picture gallery...............some of the tatoos were bloody awful....im mean they were minging....im not a fan of tatoos...as you may gather......BUT  scrolling down i was totally gobsmacked to see some of the artistry of good tatoos...............they were beautiful....one was of a japenese blackthorn with delicate pink blossom growing up the spine of this young woman....and there were tats of loverly wild flowers.............in the same place.....and if anything it made the woman look more femine.......

i think the word tramp stamp only applies to the poor quality and visual choice of the designs.......

the nice ones are total works of art and look loverly...........and i am no fan of tats either......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Papercase said:

I couldn't pull them off if I tried. Hence I'm as nature intended 

Think you are confusing tattoos with stickers there, mate. Tattoos are not supposed to pull off - even if you try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SpringDon said:

Think you are confusing tattoos with stickers there, mate. Tattoos are not supposed to pull off - even if you try.

When I came back home with my first tattoo (underaged), my mother tried to scrub it off with washing up liquid and a scrubbing brush😲.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scully said:

It’s still derogatory. 

So what. Many things are. 5 pages of moaning now and it’s boring just carrying on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dodeer said:

So what. Many things are. 5 pages of moaning now and it’s boring just carrying on

So what? Because it matters. 

If you find it boring then don’t read it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...