Lead ban & BASC

7 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

1,when i applied for my FAC for rimfire my FEO said i had no chance because i had no experience(held shotgun cert for 40yrs),i contacted BASC firearms team for help,i was passed around the whole team and the final person i spoke to said he couldn't help because he would not speak to my firearms dept manager because his FAC was with the same police force and didn't want to upset the firearms manager,i stood my ground when i dealt with my firearms team myself and finally got my cert and apologies

2,when renewal for FAC was due my firearms dept wanted me to supply a doctors letter(no change since first application),i contacted BASC who told me to go along with it even though there were no rules/regulations for this,

3,BASC tried to shaft my wildfowling club whe it came to sorting leases/consents

4,now lead!

BASC are a waste of time/money,just my opinion,

go ahead and have a whinge if you want and carry on telling me how wonderfull BASC are!

i took basc advice  mths of misery and expense followed finally took my own path sorted in a week and reprimand for the feo manager they couldn’t run water down hill 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

now BASC has openly admitted all the negatives about lead then lead will be gone before 5 years.

I don’t think the negatives regarding lead are just a recent thing, do you? Seriously? 
There is no ban, but if you want to pack up then that’s up to you; I intend to continue to buy lead, and will do so for as long as I’m able.

It’ll take a lot more than this to stop me shooting. 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

I don’t think the negatives regarding lead are just a recent thing, do you? Seriously? 
There is no ban, but if you want to pack up then that’s up to you; I intend to continue to buy lead, and will do so for as long as I’m able.

It’ll take a lot more than this to stop me shooting. 

tell me what the negatives of lead shot are?

Just now, andrewluke said:

tell me what the negatives of lead shot are?

Lead is toxic. It doesn’t matter whether you and I have been eating lead shot game since Jesus’ dog was a puppy, that doesn’t make it less toxic. 
If you’re not happy with BASC then don’t renew; I didn’t. Simple. 
Like I said, I’ll continue using lead when I can and steel when I can’t, just like I have been. 
I’ll be buying more lead to use next season on driven, but will use steel on those driven shoots which won’t allow it. 

48 minutes ago, clangerman said:

don’t sweat it mate if people want to wait until the day basc says its all over and walks of with the money that’s fine by me pigeon shooting will survive it’s needed 

I would not be so sure about that.

2 minutes ago, old'un said:

I would not be so sure about that.

your ok my friend let you into a secret the antis accept control because they won’t cross joe public trust me pigeon shooting will survive run a photo of damage past the public they soon see pigeon shooting is needed we are safe 

5 minutes ago, clangerman said:

your ok my friend let you into a secret the antis accept control because they won’t cross joe public trust me pigeon shooting will survive run a photo of damage past the public they soon see pigeon shooting is needed we are safe 

If that were the case why did Joe public fund WJ to challenge the GL, after all that’s what all pigeon shooters shoot under.

Like I said I would not be so sure about the future of the GL and pigeon shooting as we know it.

1 minute ago, old'un said:

If that were the case why did Joe public fund WJ to challenge the GL, after all that’s what all pigeon shooters shoot under.

Like I said I would not be so sure about the future of the GL and pigeon shooting as we know it.

the antis know they can’t have it all their own way they will use pest control as their concession to get rid of the rest because they know they can’t refute a field of winter rape mowed to the ground if i even thought pigeon shooting would end i would jack it in now 

7 minutes ago, clangerman said:

the antis know they can’t have it all their own way they will use pest control as their concession to get rid of the rest because they know they can’t refute a field of winter rape mowed to the ground if i even thought pigeon shooting would end i would jack it in now 

I wish I had your faith that we will not be next once other shooting as gone.

I like others and I presume yourself have been shooting pigeons for a long time, I have yet to hear a farmer say he could not manage without pigeon shooters, they have lots of other strings in their bow to keep pigeons off crops.

Edited by old'un

8 minutes ago, clangerman said:

Pigeon shooting won’t last five minutes if driven game shooting goes, simply because if driven shooting goes, so will the organisations. 
Despite what any of us think of our shooting organisations, ( and I’m rapidly going off all of them ) who  do you think fought our corner when WJ challenged the GL’s, if not the organisations? Or put another way, who would do it if they weren’t there? 

1 minute ago, Farmboy91 said:

All ready been round the houses on the this one 😂

I can't see why anyone thinks any other form of live shooting will survive if game goes.

all i can say is operating outside a large town pointing out they have to pay for the laid i’m on they soon shut up and let me get on with it most suddenly decide it’s good i’m there money talks with the public 

36 minutes ago, clangerman said:

But all the rich tweed brigade The f driven Game shooters  will offer the farmers loads of £££££ and they’ll have the pest control and although it will survive you won’t be sure of getting it 

5 minutes ago, clangerman said:

all i can say is operating outside a large town pointing out they have to pay for the laid i’m on they soon shut up and let me get on with it most suddenly decide it’s good i’m there money talks with the public 

The sort of people who funded WJ couldn't care less what your doing or the reasons your doing it for. Whether your there doing a good job is irrelevant? You are doing something they wholeheartedly disagree with and they will not stop until we stop.

How can you be so blind to that? 

If they had their way you'd be lucky to own a water pistol let alone be shooting pigeons. 

1 minute ago, Farmboy91 said:

The sort of people who funded WJ couldn't care less what your doing or the reasons your doing it for. Whether your there doing a good job is irrelevant? You are doing something they wholeheartedly disagree with and they will not stop until we stop.

How can you be so blind to that? 

If they had their way you'd be lucky to own a water pistol let alone be shooting pigeons. 

i only ever had a problem with one person the rest were ok and he was wearing sandals so obviously a nut people are not stupid the GL was hysteria not helped by the clowns running it joe public is not as stupid as people think his wallet is way more important to him than pigeons 

8 minutes ago, clangerman said:

i only ever had a problem with one person the rest were ok and he was wearing sandals so obviously a nut people are not stupid the GL was hysteria not helped by the clowns running it joe public is not as stupid as people think his wallet is way more important to him than pigeons 

I'm going to do the sensible thing and leave this here.

I wish I had your blind faith. 

13 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

This hits the nail on the head. WJ are against all forms of shooting, if they get their way on game shooting, dont kid yourself that vermin control by shooting will survive. The cancelling of the GLs last year just shows how easy it is to stop winged vermin shooting.

16 minutes ago, clangerman said:

You obviously see it different to most others and good luck to you but Joe public may not be stupid but they are gullible, when someone like Packham stands in front of the camera holding a shot raptor and tells people this is what people who shot do, they are destroying our wildlife, then comes the plea of “help us stop this murder of our wildlife” show Joe public a picture of a dead animal, put a story with it containing loads of lies and the £ come rolling in.  

Just now, old'un said:

You obviously see it different to most others and good luck to you but Joe public may not be stupid but they are gullible, when someone like Packham stands in front of the camera holding a shot raptor and tells people this is what people who shot do, they are destroying our wildlife, then comes the plea of “help us stop this murder of our wildlife” show Joe public a picture of a dead animal, put a story with it containing loads of lies and the £ come rolling in.  

that’s because we have a multi million pound organisation which could easily defend shooting but it’s being run by incompetents so we have to suck up the antis lies because everyone is in denial 

7 minutes ago, clangerman said:

that’s because we have a multi million pound organisation which could easily defend shooting but it’s being run by incompetents so we have to suck up the antis lies because everyone is in denial 

Believe me I’m no fan of our shooting orgs but they’re all we have, and regardless of how much money they have they can only defend shooting with government consent. If this government says lead is going, then lead is going. 
Likewise, if BASC and other orgs rely heavily on revenue from driven game shooting ( which it does ) and lead shot threatens that industry ( which it does ) and plastic threatens that industry ( which it does ) then the shooting orgs will do whatever they have to do to survive. The likes of you and me sat in our hide decoying pigeons and crows are small fry compared to the industry which is driven game shooting. 
If you seriously believe that pigeon decoyers will be left to get on with shooting pigeons once all that big industry and the orgs are no more, then, well......just think about it.

Just think how effective decoying is in reality, at keeping birds from crops; it’s only effective while you’re there, and only in the place you’re at. 

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

Believe me I’m no fan of our shooting orgs but they’re all we have, and regardless of how much money they have they can only defend shooting with government consent. If this government says lead is going, then lead is going. 
Likewise, if BASC and other orgs rely heavily on revenue from driven game shooting ( which it does ) and lead shot threatens that industry ( which it does ) and plastic threatens that industry ( which it does ) then the shooting orgs will do whatever they have to do to survive. The likes of you and me sat in our hide decoying pigeons and crows are small fry compared to the industry which is driven game shooting. 
If you seriously believe that pigeon decoyers will be left to get on with shooting pigeons once all that big industry and the orgs are no more, then, well......just think about it.

Just think how effective decoying is in reality, at keeping birds from crops; it’s only effective while you’re there, and only in the place you’re at. 

i think the truth of it is we have to suck up the antis rubbish because the members are not in control of their own organisation so all they can do is what basc tells them which is their own fault for not being in control so it’s a case of live in denial and keep going until the end but i do think the pigeon control will escape