Lead ban & BASC

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Ban Lead we are in trouble, do not ban Lead we are in trouble you know that as well as me. We are in trouble.

I hear where you're coming from, but could we have less of the "we", please? Cert's run out the end of this year. One more renewal less one year to dispose of everything so 5 years and I'm done - except as from last Friday it seems  I will need a little luck, damned ticker.

2 minutes ago, David BASC said:

I am sure there will be others too, as I said , this is a 5 year project, nothing is going to happen overnight

What, like the answer to this question?

David, direct question. Who is being very, very economical with the truth, The 9 or the manufacturers?

A simple answer, please, them or us (BASC, et al).

Edited by Penelope

8 minutes ago, David BASC said:

If you , or anyone else needs help patterning their guns, and if you cant find a shooting ground near enough to use, we do have some comprehensive guidance on this and how you can DIY on land you have access to

Have the mistakes in Dr H's effort been corrected then or is this something new?

9 minutes ago, Penelope said:

I spoke to Ben Rigbys, a big game dealer in Essex, last week, and they were still taking lead shot pigeons.

I worked for Ben a few years back, [25yrs ago]   He was an outgoing lad.. 😆 we spent quite a lot of time herring drifting in the mouth of the Blackwater when not prepping game. I lived in Tollesbury

16 minutes ago, David BASC said:

If you , or anyone else needs help patterning their guns, and if you cant find a shooting ground near enough to use, we do have some comprehensive guidance on this and how you can DIY on land you have access to

Thank you 

16 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Leave your chokes alone is my advice. i ruined good guns opening chokes up in the early days of Non Lead

And bulging the barrels won’t ruin them?

8 minutes ago, wymberley said:

I hear where you're coming from, but could we have less of the "we", please? Cert's run out the end of this year. One more renewal less one year to dispose of everything so 5 years and I'm done - except as from last Friday it seems  I will need a little luck, damned ticker.

eBay logo

Genuinely sorry to hear that, i wish you all the best in your situation.

Enter your search keyword

1 hour ago, lancer425 said:

Glad you asked this, because i am currently recovering from a operation on my back following a motorcycle accident nothing dramatic i fell off a rock and landed on some more, and i am paying the price for not wearing a back protector. I am bored **** less and i do love my sport and i am taking my chance wile i am in a position too. To promote what i believe is the right way of looking at the situation we are in right now.

get well soon(very soon):whistling:

I have to agree with David, it was bound to happen soon and have been using steel with fibre wads for several years with no problem. I will have to find something for my 16 bore WW Greener to shoot but that's how thing go. If we do not change the government will at sometime make the decision and some years age I have several pistols taken off me when they made a decision. So ok at present the cartridges may be a bit more expensive but when we stop buying lead they will reduce

2 hours ago, David BASC said:

We are moving though a 5 year phase where we will see significant developments regarding non lead cartridges, and from what I have heard a key to this will be a 2 1/2 inch standard steel load, and no one switch over today.

With regard to consultations, I speak for the other , but as far as BASC how we operate is enshrined within the constitution and rules, via the elected members of BASC who sit on Council and represent the interests of members.

But I return to the point that no one is saying we must change over totally within the next few months, we are in a long period of change, and working together and accepting that change has to happen will be important.

Ignoring this or failing to engage will achieve nothing.

I agree that communication is key and there will be more and regular communications on this important topic.

Having read the letter from the major cartridge manufactures in the April edition of The Field, it would seem that our shooting organizations failed to consult with them and seek advice as to if and when alternatives to lead/plastic were even in the pipeline, let alone there being a possibility of them being available within a 5 year period.

That, sir, is a fundamental error. Particularly considering the rather scathing letter I referred to above.

You, BASC et al,  appear to have rather jumped the gun and in the process, done yourselves no favors whatsoever. 

42 minutes ago, wymberley said:

As soon as is possible perhaps and if they can't say just yet , ask to be advised when they do know.

Things change in a day so it seems 

I think I shall ask for my deposits back and not take the chance 

32 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

3 inch again 

3 minutes ago, clangerman said:

give a good fight for a sick man mate fair play your going to be bored now i’m happy who was lying just have to find a steel load now watch them chicks they dig scars mind 

I do not know what gun you are using, but if you want to try steel, and before the bio wad stuff gets here in a few weeks, just buy a box of Super steel 4s 32 gram most shops have them and they work ok.

https://www.ehn.org/lead-ammunition-in-meat-2645108170.html

1 minute ago, lancer425 said:

I do not know what gun you are using, but if you want to try steel, and before the bio wad stuff gets here in a few weeks, just buy a box of Super steel 4s 32 gram most shops have them and they work ok.

i need something that can take abuse so i use beretta autos in 20 should find some steel they like