Prince Charles got it!

NatureBoy

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

And I understand certain functional heads getting tested, but anyone reasonable would want to see a front line doctor getting a test before prince Charles. It should come down to how can we save the most lives? not who can pay the most money?

Prince Charles is 71 so in the at risk age bracket,  it shows that if someone as privileged as he is can get the virus then anyone can.

I would have been disappointed if he didn't get tested,  2nd in line to the thrown, as to whether it's right he gets tested? I see no issue with it.

I saw something about Iceland having loads of tests for some reason,  so were testing loads of people,  why test if you don't feel unwell.

So what you're saying is,,,, if you suddenly get really bed [covid-19] symptoms,,,, get to the relevant hospital department,,,, you would refuse to be tested, get sent home, get worse etc etc ?

I do see where you are coming from, but everyone's personal circumstances are different to yours. Some people, like most you have mentioned, are in the public eye,,,, have civil and public duties etc,,,, ie - meeting lots of people in many different places, and possibly spreading the virus. If they want to continue with this,,,, which at the moment is beneficial to those they are visiting, they SHOULD get tested,,,, in my opinion. How and where and who's paying for these tests is possibly a question to ask ?

Like I said,,,, most people of wealth and status have private health cover etc,,,, BUPA for example,,,, maybe, perhaps, possibly the tests are done via this ?

As for saying "the practice is wrong",,,, do you know how, where, when, who paid for these rich powerful sports film business royal bods tests ? I certainly don't.

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

Prince Charles is 71 so in the at risk age bracket,  it shows that if someone as privileged as he is can get the virus then anyone can.

I would have been disappointed if he didn't get tested,  2nd in line to the thrown, as to whether it's right he gets tested? I see no issue with it.

I saw something about Iceland having loads of tests for some reason,  so were testing loads of people,  why test if you don't feel unwell.

I agree, ideally everyone should be being tested. However, I absolutely guarantee you if you ring the doctor with symptoms, over 70 or not, you haven't a chance in hell of a test, they'll tell you to self isolate.

4 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Your making this very complicated, when it is very simple.

People with money are being prioritised for testing over those without.

When doctors are sat at home instead of giving life saving care due to not being able to get a test, while those with money can, it is wrong.

It's really simple and unless you have no morale compass, I can't understand why your finding that reasoning so hard to follow.

He is the future king, it isn't about his money.

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't actually have it at all, but the fact that he 'does' is enough to make people change behaviour.

In principle I agree with you, just because you are loaded doesn't mean you should be able to jump the queue, but in the case of Charles that really isn't the case, is it?

So for the purpose of clarity, do i think that Charles should be tested? very much so yes for reasons outlined previously.

Do I think say a hedge fund manager be tested because they are loaded? No, not unless they fall within the normal test criteria.

Going off at a slight tangent, from what I have read the tests that are available to everyone at £170 a pop are not a specific covid19 test so wouldn't be used as part of NHS testing and if you want to get really angry google Dr Mark Ali, a private practice cardiologist and see what he has been up to with tests.

2 minutes ago, JKD said:

So what you're saying is,,,, if you suddenly get really bed [covid-19] symptoms,,,, get to the relevant hospital department,,,, you would refuse to be tested, get sent home, get worse etc etc ?

I do see where you are coming from, but everyone's personal circumstances are different to yours. Some people, like most you have mentioned, are in the public eye,,,, have civil and public duties etc,,,, ie - meeting lots of people in many different places, and possibly spreading the virus. If they want to continue with this,,,, which at the moment is beneficial to those they are visiting, they SHOULD get tested,,,, in my opinion. How and where and who's paying for these tests is possibly a question to ask ?

Like I said,,,, most people of wealth and status have private health cover etc,,,, BUPA for example,,,, maybe, perhaps, possibly the tests are done via this ?

As for saying "the practice is wrong",,,, do you know how, where, when, who paid for these rich powerful sports film business royal bods tests ? I certainly don't.

Theses tests should not be available via private health care whilst the NHS can't get them. It will push the cost up.

As for getting tested so they can get back to meeting people during their public functions, that's irrelevant, everyone should be at home, the country is supposed to be as far as possible on lock down.

Power, influence and money buys status! Status will get you most anything you want, as often and quickly as you want it! If you ain’t got status, you get what your given, when someone decides you can have it!!.........Ever has it been so! Ever will it be so!

2 minutes ago, grrclark said:

He is the future king, it isn't about his money.

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't actually have it at all, but the fact that he 'does' is enough to make people change behaviour.

In principle I agree with you, just because you are loaded doesn't mean you should be able to jump the queue, but in the case of Charles that really isn't the case, is it?

So for the purpose of clarity, do i think that Charles should be tested? very much so yes for reasons outlined previously.

Do I think say a hedge fund manager be tested because they are loaded? No, not unless they fall within the normal test criteria.

Going off at a slight tangent, from what I have read the tests that are available to everyone at £170 a pop are not a specific covid19 test so wouldn't be used as part of NHS testing and if you want to get really angry google Dr Mark Ali, a private practice cardiologist and see what he has been up to with tests.

Maybe I have misjudged some of your points.

My point is, being rich should not prioritise life, but it currently is. Charles has a stronger claim to need testing than a whole list of other celebrities, although I personally feel, he should do as everyone else in his position, they would be told to go home, self isolate and call 999 if this symptoms become very serious.

The private sector selling test kits is going to lower availability and raise costs for the NHS and ultimately prevent those who really need testing from getting them.

4 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

Charlie is one of us!😉 Hunting, Shooting,Fishing. Supporter of the countryside! Just said on news he became contagious the day after seeing the Queen on 12th March and had several meetings after that. I hope he washed his hands!   NB

True, but that doesn't mean he has more right to life than you, me or our families.

But that's what is happening at the moment.

Not going to kick the tits out this much more, it kinda done to death already, but in the context of Charles alone consider the global impact of this news story.

As baffling as it may seem the royals have a massive impact on people’s behaviour.  Meghan was pictured carrying a wee no name handbag made by back bedroom producer she had actually bought somewhere, shortly after that there were 50,000 orders placed for that bag.

So if Charlie can catch it, given the level of safety and scrutiny our royals enjoy, i.e. no being crammed into tube trains or fights for bogroll with the great unwashed, then anybody really can get it.

That message is going round the world faster than the virus.

All we need now is for a few high profile pop stars, sportspeople and YouTubers to get it, covering many demographics, and even more people will moderate their behaviour.

16 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

Charlie is one of us!😉 Hunting, Shooting,Fishing. Supporter of the countryside! Just said on news he became contagious the day after seeing the Queen on 12th March and had several meetings after that. I hope he washed his hands!   NB

if charlie is one of us where was he during the GL in OUR hour of need? we had all the blah blah royal support for field sports then when it was needed we seen NONE 

5 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Theses tests should not be available via private health care whilst the NHS can't get them. It will push the cost up.

As for getting tested so they can get back to meeting people during their public functions, that's irrelevant, everyone should be at home, the country is supposed to be as far as possible on lock down.

Yeah, sorry,,,, re these meeting people,,,, Didn't mean shaking hands and hugs etc,,,, should have said they are in the public eye and showing moral by doing things beneficial [carefully of course]. IE,,,, lots of sports people are giving their time to help those in need. Footballers from low divisions making food parcels to give to isolating people in their community,,,, etc etc,,,,

Basically doing something, anything to boost morale and help where they can. Doing stuff on social media,,,, health and fitness, blah blah blah,,,, Obviously Prince Charles wouldn't do any of that. 

There's probably many more examples of this, but I'm stuck indoors watching TV and flicking about on the Internet, so only know what is being shown via those.

Don't know if the test kits were/are available detect this virus, or if they were/are available via private health care, I was guessing that they might be ? If they were/are, then they would have had a stock of them surely,,,, not buy them in when needed ?

Anyway, to finish my input,,,,,

The title of your topic should be "Why are all these rich and/or famous/powerful people getting tested before essential workers" 👍 Because that's your real gripe 🤔

28 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Power, influence and money buys status! Status will get you most anything you want, as often and quickly as you want it! If you ain’t got status, you get what your given, when someone decides you can have it!!.........Ever has it been so! Ever will it be so!

Correct.

16 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Not going to kick the tits out this much more, it kinda done to death already, but in the context of Charles alone consider the global impact of this news story.

As baffling as it may seem the royals have a massive impact on people’s behaviour.  Meghan was pictured carrying a wee no name handbag made by back bedroom producer she had actually bought somewhere, shortly after that there were 50,000 orders placed for that bag.

So if Charlie can catch it, given the level of safety and scrutiny our royals enjoy, i.e. no being crammed into tube trains or fights for bogroll with the great unwashed, then anybody really can get it.

All we need now is for a few high profile pop stars, sportspeople and YouTubers to get it, covering many demographics, and even more people will moderate their behaviour.

Well Said!   NB

12 minutes ago, JKD said:

Yeah, sorry,,,, re these meeting people,,,, Didn't mean shaking hands and hugs etc,,,, should have said they are in the public eye and showing moral by doing things beneficial [carefully of course]. IE,,,, lots of sports people are giving their time to help those in need. Footballers from low divisions making food parcels to give to isolating people in their community,,,, etc etc,,,,

Basically doing something, anything to boost morale and help where they can. Doing stuff on social media,,,, health and fitness, blah blah blah,,,, Obviously Prince Charles wouldn't do any of that. 

There's probably many more examples of this, but I'm stuck indoors watching TV and flicking about on the Internet, so only know what is being shown via those.

Don't know if the test kits were/are available detect this virus, or if they were/are available via private health care, I was guessing that they might be ? If they were/are, then they would have had a stock of them surely,,,, not buy them in when needed ?

Anyway, to finish my input,,,,,

The title of your topic should be "Why are all these rich and/or famous/powerful people getting tested before essential workers" 👍 Because that's your real gripe 🤔

Agreed.

Although all that requires is "such and such celebrity believes they have contacted covid 19 and is self isolating" they don't need a test!

I believe give it a few weeks and all those out there not taking it seriously are going to take it very seriously indeed.

Here's to hoping everyone makes it through this global crisis with as few deaths as possible.

I'm going to leave this thread here, I think I've said more than my share on it 👍

16 minutes ago, clangerman said:

if charlie is one of us where was he during the GL in OUR hour of need? we had all the blah blah royal support for field sports then when it was needed we seen NONE 

It was said tongue firmly in cheek fella but i could not find right emoji! I just hope it make others realise! It's out there! We'l get it! Let's try and help NHS and others cope with it!  NB

12 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Know I said I wasn't posting anymore but hopefully this will make all my points irrelevant

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/25/uk-coronavirus-mass-home-testing-to-be-made-available-within-days

P.s I'm not a guardian reader 😂

There's hope for you yet then 😝😂

2 minutes ago, AVB said:

As I predicted we are in the way to a complete breakdown of society. PW’ers are fighting amongst themselves.  

Oh hang on we’ve been doing it for years 

When we all agree with each other then we will know we're up the creek.

17 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I believe give it a few weeks and all those out there not taking it seriously are going to take it very seriously indeed.

Here's to hoping everyone makes it through this global crisis with as few deaths as possible.

I'm going to leave this thread here, I think I've said more than my share on it 👍

Agreed and agreed,,,, everyone take care and be safe 👍

41 minutes ago, grrclark said:

You are correct in your observations.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of people that take no notice of advice, whoever or wherever it's from, as they are too busy congregating with their own kind ,,,, as seen on numerous news items 😳

20 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

It was said tongue firmly in cheek fella but i could not find right emoji! I just hope it make others realise! It's out there! We'l get it! Let's try and help NHS and others cope with it!  NB

it’s ok i know you were joking mate just making a point some of us have the real hero’s risking their lives so people can pat charlie on the back about time they had one 

I wish Prince Charles a speedy recovery as I do anybody that has the virus.  Things are bad at the moment and it looks like it’s going to get a lot worse yet.  So this has given me an idea if the doctors and nurses cannot get the test kits  to be tested,  and you can buy them privately for £170  somebody could start crowdfunding to supply the test kits I for one would donate regularly,  I would do this but it’s beyond me not very good with computers or wording things sometimes. Maybe we could donate an our shooting organisations would be able to sort this out do something useful for a change  and maybe even show us in a good light.

Just a thought  regards to all be well and keep safe.