NEWS FOR THE OLDER SPORTSMAN

das

This mornings Sun ramblings:

However the old and vulnerable could face indefinite lockdown unless a vaccine is developed soon.

Some officials are concerned the over-70s and those with poor health may have to be shielded for up to 18 months, even when many of the restrictions have been lifted.

www.thesun.co.uk/news/11428725/secret-traffic-light-lockdown-masterplan/

Not particularly good news for the older shooter what.

5 minutes ago, das said:

This mornings Sun ramblings:

However the old and vulnerable could face indefinite lockdown unless a vaccine is developed soon.

Some officials are concerned the over-70s and those with poor health may have to be shielded for up to 18 months, even when many of the restrictions have been lifted.

www.thesun.co.uk/news/11428725/secret-traffic-light-lockdown-masterplan/

Not particularly good news for the older shooter what.

hello, the Sun is shining this morning and i am going for my daily walk being over 70, if you meant that ******* news paper  enuff said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, the Sun is shining this morning and i am going for my daily walk being over 70, if you meant that ******* news paper  enuff said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a campaign going on on Twitter/just giving to keep The Sun Newspaper going in this difficult time of people not going to the local stores to buy the paper...only he always finds some elaborate excuse for not making the payment. He couldn't get hold of Rupert Murdoch on the phone...It would have been too awkward to walk past some nudist yoga practitioners...it was too rainy...too windy...too cloudy...too sunny...too still. So he decides to donate that day's amount to the local food bank instead.

My dad's doing the same. His daily walk is being taken with great alacrity - in fact he's probably getting more healthy now than he would have been without lockdown! Long may that continue

Sounds about right to me. Don't lets pretend the virus is not serious. It does kill older people.

There are things us oldies will be able to do without exposing ourselves too much.  Chris tell me why your dad is now taking exercise when he obviously did not before the lockdown? Your words "he is more healthy now " Why expose himself outside?

Edited by DUNKS

I think they may find the older generation as the group most likely to give up on staying in,,and I wouldnt blame them at all,I know my 79yr old mother has just about had enough of being told this and that,no church /graveyard,no grankids which is a big part of their life,no shops can I go out,,will the police stop me....there is no way they will put up with 18mths of this and being honest I aint going to tell her that she "must" do this or that,,,be sensible take as much care as possible but if it happens so be it,,cause I can assure you of this being stuck indoors will end her anyway......

Edited by millrace

I am over seventy you watch when this shut down is over I don’t care what anybody says I will be out shooting and fishing I worked all my life in a scrap yard being out side hail or sunshine so this stop in can kiss my azzzz.

The wife and me have all ways been outside people the garden as not got a blade of grass out of place the veg seed are coming along nice so no soon as ban is over we will be out

Just now, clangerman said:

you will probably last a long time then popper think i’m in my boat from a most incorrect life style when younger wisdom only comes with age unfortunately 

hello, thankyou that is nice to know, i think my boat sailed years ago but hey it was an interesting life, i use to read a lot of books back then, like Men are from Mars Women are from Venus, maybe i am still on Mars:lol:

10 minutes ago, millrace said:

I think they may find the older generation as the group most likely to give up on staying in,,and I wouldnt blame them at all,I know my 79yr old mother has just about had enough of being told this and that,no church /graveyard,no grankids which is a big part of their life,no shops can I go out,,will the police stop me....there is no way they will put up with 18mths of this and being honest I aint going to tell her that she "must" do this or that,,,be sensible take as much care as possible but if it happens so be it,,cause I can assure you of this being stuck indoors will end her anyway......

hello, i snuck out yesterday and went to Oxford, it was great, only one on bus, no queue in M and S  and no **** tourists, oh but i did take my face mask that mel and lin kindly sent 

1 hour ago, Yellow Bear said:

If someone had suggested putting in solitary confinement for 3 months the SUN would have been all over it with complaints and cruelty claims but are quite happy to condemn the over 70s to what amounts to 18 months of solitary in most cases

Eh, you're blaming the sun for this? Where do you get the impression they are happy about it from?

I understand it's an emotive subject but surely it would only be guidance, it would be the call of the individual to assess risk vs reward and decide how they handle this ultimately. Whilst it might not be a good idea to attend local clay shoots I can't see much risk in engaging in pest control on a solo basis?

Just now, snow white said:

I am over seventy you watch when this shut down is over I don’t care what anybody says I will be out shooting and fishing I worked all my life in a scrap yard being out side hail or sunshine so this stop in can kiss my azzzz.

The wife and me have all ways been outside people the garden as not got a blade of grass out of place the veg seed are coming along nice so no soon as ban is over we will be out

Too right I say 👍

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

Eh, you're blaming the sun for this? Where do you get the impression they are happy about it from?

I understand it's an emotive subject but surely it would only be guidance, it would be the call of the individual to assess risk vs reward and decide how they handle this ultimately. Whilst it might not be a good idea to attend local clay shoots I can't see much risk in engaging in pest control on a solo basis?

Have you actually read the "guidance" for those who should be "shielding" and just printing the fact that this COULD be extended is bad enough and could be dangerous for some of those in this situation.

Yes I have read the guidance and my mother is following the guidance rigidly. 

I'm no supporter of the Sun, but for the job losses I'd be happy for it to go pop, but surely they have only stated the blindingly obvious!?

If you just need something / someone to be angry with then that's fair enough, but...

PS  you didn't really answer my initial questions.