FINE COD & CHIPS .

lancer425

9 hours ago, Mr_Nobody said:

I'm sure both statements are true. However the point I'm making is that some of us don't have a garden to sit in, and not everyone has work they can do. Being quite the introvert the isolation doesn't overly bother me but  even I'm becoming fed up of staring at my walls.  When choice is taken away then suddenly things can become much more difficult and stressful.

I feel a great deal of sympathy for people that are stuck inside , I take my daily exercise,  then do a day at work (outside) , and I have a garden to sit in when I get home , yet I still feel like I'm living in a box with no air holes to breath.

I also feel a great deal of gratitude to those that are staying inside , they're the ones that are doing the hard work by trying to lessen the spread of the virus 👍.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

You lost me, I know households of 1, do they not even count then

Sorry I thought you would follow. The two bikers were from two households. The family of five in your example are one household. Thus the five are half (of the number of households) of the two. The lockdown (and containing the virus) is based upon household units. So when you stated five were more than two, epidemiologically it could be argued that they are not. It was just a play on numbers/counting. 

Edited by WalkedUp

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

Sorry I thought you would follow. The two bikers were from two households. The family of five in your example are one household. Thus the five are half (of the number of households) of the two. The lockdown (and containing the virus) is based upon household units. So when you stated five were more than two, epidemiologically it could be argued that they are not. It was just a play on numbers/counting. 

Thanks for explaining your logic / line of reasoning, I don't agree with it because:

1) the guidelines allow individuals from two different households to meet (also worded as public gatherings of more than two people, unless from the same household, are prohibited)

2) more importantly, 5 people out and about from one household are, all other things being equal, 2.5 times more likely to contribute to the transmission of the virus.

Good day.

12 hours ago, lancer425 said:

Any feedback from locals on the activity at this notorious chipy in whitby today, and over the weekend would be good.

I dare say it heaving .

It was in our village last night, and very tasty it was too. 👍
They had even put on a special VE Day celebratory lunch during the day, and had many takers; people sat out in the sunshine on the village green. A grand day out was had by all. 

8 minutes ago, B725 said:

All this talk of cod n chip's makes me want to back to the Black country living museum the chippy is a coal fired fryer and cooked in beef dripping, I'm drooling as I type. 

Yes indeed their chips are very nice, but with fish.......rather on the pricy side, I’m afraid!

On 06/05/2020 at 09:32, lancer425 said:

They were having a ride, but its no excuse. I would have loved to have a ride up there or wetwang or Layburn Even just Nip across  To chapel ST Leonard s. But its Lock down . Seems some are slow at learning.

Wetwang? My grandfather is buried in Huggate churchyard. You'd certainly not want though to be riding around there in the thick fog of Autumn.

It was a bit dear but worth it, we have a local chippy at Wessington that's almost as nice, they only open three night's a week 5 untill 9 and its busy all the time they have to give you a number to keep track on who's ordered what but they are closed because of the Kung Flu. 

20 minutes ago, B725 said:

It was a bit dear but worth it, we have a local chippy at Wessington that's almost as nice, they only open three night's a week 5 untill 9 and its busy all the time they have to give you a number to keep track on who's ordered what but they are closed because of the Kung Flu. 

Well they probably have to pay premium for the fish at the moment 

or have they opened up the fish markets and let the trawlers out in your area? 

32 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Wetwang? My grandfather is buried in Huggate churchyard. You'd certainly not want though to be riding around there in the thick fog of Autumn.

Out my area but i went there one Day with a mate from Hull. A chip shop in a gap between some walls. Was a church a few yards down parked bikes off main road side of church. Was a long straightish road i remember and we finished up in Scarborough north bay.

35 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Out my area but i went there one Day with a mate from Hull. A chip shop in a gap between some walls. Was a church a few yards down parked bikes off main road side of church. Was a long straightish road i remember and we finished up in Scarborough north bay.

Were the customers, that were local to the shop, all very similar looking and, mostly, with one big double eyebrow that met in the middle?

49 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Were the customers, that were local to the shop, all very similar looking and, mostly, with one big double eyebrow that met in the middle?

:lol:  Yorkshire they was they had ferrets down their trousers and a Jack russel too.