Lord Geordie Support Fund Donations Very welcome

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest update from Jackie 

Went to visit Martin on Friday he is doing well with his mobility he walked me along the corridor then outside across the car park so he could say hello to my son all without a stick to help him

Tuesday part of his iPad arrived the magic keyboard  with in the next 3 weeks the iPad itself should arrive when its all here i will set it up and take some photo's and post on site so you can all see the results of the collection.

Then it will be a trip up to Newcastle to deliver to Jackie and she can give to Martin would like a video of that but not going any where near Martin till he has got over this generous gift..

Will keep you updated as i get messages from Jackie..

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update from Jackie

Martin  is starting to write things down but not sure if he is copying from something or spelling words himself .

Martin is continuing to do well the hospital say he should be home by the middle of October and manage independently , his speech and memory still require a little support but I’m confident that will get there with that also.

Just checked my bank and the payment for the iPad has gone out so should receive it in the next few days..

Just spoken to Jackie Martin is doing a few laps each day round the perimeter of the hospital grounds and not using a stick so Dave if you could thank who ever it was that was going to send him a thumb stick at the moment he's not using any aids..

The good news is the iPad came today the only disappointing thing is the engraving on the back of the iPad is small but doesn't stop you from reading it..took some pics will try to post them  now. have other pics but will not let me upload taking everything up to Jackie in the morning so she can get it set up with martins information  and then she can take it the next time she visits...

789E0462-CD43-40CD-9714-A808E072FD9B.heic 7320A00E-44B6-4762-8786-2D977A88E6F4.heic

Edited by hawkeye

Dave did you get the photo's i sent over..

going for a shave them drive up to Newcastle to deliver the i-pad to jackie so she can deliver to Martin this weekend when she visits him..

She asked me if i wanted to go visit and give it to him myself as they are allowed to take someone with them now, my answer to that not bloody likely

but if she could get a video i would be good..