Liverpool last night

Vince Green

7 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Whilst I am happy to poke fun at scousers this would likely have happened in any other areas going into lockdown. Although there was a woman on the radio yesterday who said something along the lines of “we should close all pubs across the U.K.” and when questioned why she said “because we have a drink problem in Liverpool”! 

I made this comment in another thread (Damned if you do ......);

"One thing we have very clearly demonstrated is that a large number are not prepared to be sensible and cautious - and protect everyone - they just want a big party for themselves - just old human selfishness and a 'live for now and live for me' attitude."

It is equally if not more appropriate here.

23 minutes ago, AVB said:

Whilst I am happy to poke fun at scousers this would likely have happened in any other areas going into lockdown. Although there was a woman on the radio yesterday who said something along the lines of “we should close all pubs across the U.K.” and when questioned why she said “because we have a drink problem in Liverpool”! 

A mate of mine in Wales made the comment that they shouldn't be looking at the pubs so much as the Social Clubs. 

It beggars belief really,  they'll moan their being hard done to, on the news yesterday were anyone and everyone saying how hard things will be, jobs, health government help needed and how there was no discussion,  then that happened last night, while the hospitals are almost full.

4 minutes ago, Mice! said:

then that happened last night, while the hospitals are almost full.

What happened last night - and other similar rule breaking simply means that the 'lockdown' and other restrictions will be both longer duration and stricter regulations.

But they don't care - it is all about ME enjoying myself NOW and if someone else gets ill, that's their problem - and if I get ill, then the NHS will cure me.

Edited by JohnfromUK

5 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Statement of the day from the leader of the limp dumb group  -  "it is not fair that all Liverpool youth are being judged on the actions of about 300" - knowing the city I think he needs to "get out more"

The Liverpool mayor has said last night "shames the city".  Well he is right.

35 minutes ago, blackbird said:

A lockdown might work in county’s like Germany 🇩🇪 but it ain’t going to work in this ****hole 

They don’t work in Germany either. The U.K. had higher compliance rates that Germany, France and Spain during the first lockdown. I’ll find the source if I can remember where it was. 

43 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Yep, common sense is not very common these days.  Although I tend to lean to a more open situation what happened in Liverpool was pathetic.Just remember these people have mums and dads who obviously have not done their jobs very well.... that is if they know their mums and dads.  

There mums and dads are who they will be taking the virus back to

The idiots in Liverpool were truly stupid, but everywhere a lockdown is announced, people take to the streets / pubs, the night before it takes effect. They are no different to the people who crowd onto a beach, have a rave, have a meal with 7 friends (one stupid politician) or hold a rally about Covid being a joke (cue his stupid brother).

Covid has brought out the best in many people, but the worst in far too many.

It hasn't been the Tories finest hour - Boris below standard. Labour and Starmer - against everything, but no policies of their own.

Just now, Gordon R said:

The idiots in Liverpool were truly stupid, but everywhere a lockdown is announced, people take to the streets / pubs, the night before it takes effect. They are no different to the people who crowd onto a beach, have a rave, have a meal with 7 friends (one stupid politician) or hold a rally about Covid being a joke (cue his stupid brother).

Covid has brought out the best in many people, but the worst in far too many.

It hasn't been the Tories finest hour - Boris below standard. Labour and Starmer - against everything, but no policies of their own.

Yes ALL stupid actions!

1 minute ago, Gordon R said:

against everything, but no policies of their own.

Starmer may be dull and boring, but he is also astute.  If you don't have policies, then they can't be wrong (and you don't need any in opposition), but you can get plenty plenty of air time and press coverage by being against everything.  Starmers only real 'policy' is to oppose everything the government does - and as the 'official opposition' he can't go far wrong.

The other one who is never far away on the BBC (seems to give several interviews a day) is Andy Burnham (Manchester mayor).