Dave-G

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Dave-G said:

This is all way above my paygrade but perhaps some of those who insist chemtrails are mere ice/contrails might like to comment. 

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Photographs-taken-from-behind-the-auto-guider-radiometer-mount-showing-the-radiometer_fig1_340348307

In the mid 80's we were handing over gulf patrol to the American navy and as part of the hand over a jet fighter from their aircraft carrier came towards us low and slow. When it got alongside our flight deck it pointed it's nose skyward hit the afterburner and shot off leaving a contrail from its wingtips.

Or were the yanks trying to poison us? Don't think so, our NBCD sensors were on and working, as we were still in the straits of Hormuz.

So they pointed a radiation detector at the sky and detected, wait for it........radiation. No way. Stop the press. (Stop giggling st the back). There's endless radiation hitting the planet from space 24/7. If they cannot understand the freezing of water vapour at altitude to create a trail then they really shouldn't be playing with radiation detectors. 

Whats more worrying (apart from ditchy dressing up in his bunny outfit) is people actually believe it. No wonder there's morons thinking the earth is flat or covid is some remarkably expensive means of controlling the population. 

1 hour ago, henry d said:

In the mid 80's we were handing over gulf patrol to the American navy and as part of the hand over a jet fighter from their aircraft carrier came towards us low and slow. When it got alongside our flight deck it pointed it's nose skyward hit the afterburner and shot off leaving a contrail from its wingtips.

Or were the yanks trying to poison us? Don't think so, our NBCD sensors were on and working, as we were still in the straits of Hormuz.

I completely agree that contrails exist Henry, absolutely totally - and I'm sure we both have inquisitive minds, I too spent time in the RN, joining as a JME so have a mild interest in engineering. I've also been involved with RC helicopter rotor blade design with regard to improving air flow off their tips with swept or curved tips and have some knowledge of BERP tip blades that have variable aerofoil sections along their length.

My thoughts are contrails would dissipate within a minute or so as the ice that was formed by being compressed as it falls off the wing tips eventually reverts back to normal atmospheric moisture. Way back in our youth, I'm sure most boys occasionally gazed at high altitude aircraft and took guesses at how far their contrails persisted behind the aircraft before disappearing.

These days, the curious mind is surely bound to wonder why those trails now persist for hours - and on a calm day with minimal wind or cloud note their position and look again several times in the next hour or so to see it spreading inexorably wider and eventually form a hazy mist. I really honestly don't see how ice could acheive that. Thus, once the seed has been planted as it were it seems easily explained to be something other than ice and I'm more than curious about the darker ones which I guess could be explained as fuel dumping, fire ot just bad fuel mixture. 

As for the tin foil brigade, yep keep ya minds closed - its easier to trash it than come up with a rational explanation that explains why ice trails spread out wider before forming a haze instead of reverting back to atmospheric moisture. I'll assume those who cannot open their minds haven't watched the sky for any length of time whilst they lay sunbathing, chilling in a field or whatever.

Me - I'm open to looking for more information with regard to claims that its being done on the quiet to reduce solar heat from the sun global warming the earth by reflecting it away - and the only way the 'haze/cloud' can be kept up there is to use very light chemicals such aluminum dust and micro balloons that will float on updrafts and fall at night as updrafts cease. That's just out of curiosity rather than thinking the aliens are amongst us... 

Edited by Dave-G

Why do some form and shortly disappear? What height are the aircraft, what is the pressure, temperature, moisture content up there, fuel used, was it cruising, accelerating, decelerating...

39 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

and on a calm day with minimal wind

It might be that on Terra Firma but it won't be up there, 

41 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

rational explanation that explains why ice trails spread out wider before forming a haze

Which way is the air moving up there? How does a large metal body at speed alter the air pressure temperature moisture content etc (think of Boyle's/Charles/ combined gas laws).

Hit the wrong button.

Also consider what you can see at that height, what you consider to be perfect blue sky may not be, never mind the angle viewing it.

Finally, why? Why would X,Y,Z do that, if you need to add further conspiracy theories to it or wild conjecture, stop and back track to why again.

Supercooled water, it's below freezing point yet hasn't froze.

Soon as something disrupts it it freezes instantly. 

I witnessed this hill climbing in the lakes, went up Blencathra in spring, wind blowing and rain, as it hit me it hurt, my ears felt like they would snap off. My wife decided to go down after reaching the too of one peak of the saddle, I decided to jog to the second peak of the saddle before dropping down to meet my wife, at the cairn the flat stones had ice forming along the edge where the rain was hitting it.  Seemed odd so I looked into it, hence supercooled water. 

This I think is what high altitude contrails are.

You raise very good points Henry, none of which I can answer apart from assuming the intercontinental aircraft passing through would be cruising at constant engine thrust and speed. I can accept we likely have better fuel and wing sections tips etc and maybe science has shown different cruising speeds affect the amount of water compression. Also maybe different cruising altitudes.

However, its not the forming of the trail that concerns me as what is in the trail to make it persist for so long - something has changed.

I can only assume that less curious people have not watched the trails gradually spread and thin out to become a haze that did not occur in my childhood years.

I'm thinking sooner or later we'll find there is something going on that may not be as sinister as some people make out. Maybe something as questionable as to block satellite imaging. :oops: yea - a tin foil comment.

I shall continue to wonder what is going on, innocent or otherwise. Maybe nobody else remembers the short trails seen in their youth - I can accept I am and was a little OCD, i got the cane a lot for looking out classroom windows. :ermm:

figgy: You also make good points: my thoughts are why the trails were so short in my youth. These days they are still there long after the aircraft has gone from sight.