anyone been told to isolate by the NHS app?

paul1966

I am currently off work isolating due to the NHS covid app notifying me I have been in close contact with someone who tested positive, the thing is I have not been anywhere except work and home, at work no one has been off with covid and no one at home either.   I feel a bit bad as I was off work for a month last November with covid but there is not a lot I can do as you have to isolate by law . The only thing i can think of is that its a false alert.

35 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I'm not sure how the whole app thing works , but the covid checkers have called me every day since I tested positive ( some days two or three times) , to make sure that I've been staying at home . 

same happened to me when i had it in November they called a few times throughout my time isolating.

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

I'm not sure how the whole app thing works , but the covid checkers have called me every day since I tested positive ( some days two or three times) , to make sure that I've been staying at home . 

The app uses an algorithm to work out how exposed you have been. So if you (or more specifically your phone with the app on it) has been in the proximity of another phone and that phones owner has a positive test which is logged, then that will be flagged as a possible exposure. Then, depending on how near the phones were, and how long they in the proximity of one another, will calculate an exposure risk - close proximity for a long time = high risk, far apart for a short time= low risk and everything in between. 

6 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

So the organisers of this just assume everyone has a phone ..... mobile I assume. Well I know four people who don't for a start, so that blows the whole idea taken across the country.

Its based on probability that most have some sort of mobile phone. Not everyone that does have a phone will download either it as its voluntery.

1 hour ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Its based on probability that most have some sort of mobile phone. Not everyone that does have a phone will download either it as its voluntery.

I had two problems with the app , I'm not techy enough to put it on my phone ,  lin tried to do it for me , but my phone doesn't have enough memory 😕.

I'm guessing that's why they've phoned me at least once a day.

It was an angry sounding Scottish lady that called me at 8.05 this morning . The poor lady was obviously in a room with a TV blazing away , and at least two screaming kids , it was bedlam 😅

9 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I had two problems with the app , I'm not techy enough to put it on my phone ,  lin tried to do it for me , but my phone doesn't have enough memory 😕.

I'm guessing that's why they've phoned me at least once a day.

It was an angry sounding Scottish lady that called me at 8.05 this morning . The poor lady was obviously in a room with a TV blazing away , and at least two screaming kids , it was bedlam 😅

No, it was the Scottish parliament having a meeting,  you just thought they were kids screaming 😅😅

I wonder what they would have done if you hadn't answered for 4 or 5 hours seeing as you've been in bed feeling like a cow pat?

5 hours ago, paul1966 said:

I am currently off work isolating due to the NHS covid app notifying me I have been in close contact with someone who tested positive, the thing is I have not been anywhere except work and home, at work no one has been off with covid and no one at home either.   I feel a bit bad as I was off work for a month last November with covid but there is not a lot I can do as you have to isolate by law . The only thing i can think of is that its a false alert.

It’s not law apparently. If a boss thinks it’s safe to come in then they carry on . 
my ex was sent home so she booked a test and went back to work with a negative result . She’s a bent ....sorry police officer . 
I questioned my nurse friend about it as she should of been off for 10 days and he said it’s down the the bosses if they are happy . She works in a supermarket where 3 people had a ping on the app. 

I said it’s blooming stupid her going in .

my daughter was sent home from school this week with a 6 days isolation period 

2 hours ago, team tractor said:

It’s not law apparently. If a boss thinks it’s safe to come in then they carry on . 
my ex was sent home so she booked a test and went back to work with a negative result . She’s a bent ....sorry police officer . 
I questioned my nurse friend about it as she should of been off for 10 days and he said it’s down the the bosses if they are happy . She works in a supermarket where 3 people had a ping on the app. 

I said it’s blooming stupid her going in .

my daughter was sent home from school this week with a 6 days isolation period 

And we wonder why it keeps going.  It’s a pain in the jacksy for sure but I’d been questioning the logic of that advice.