Channel Migrants

ditchman

40 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

The benefits were there, all it needed was a Government to demand them, instead you had a bunch of wishy washy limp wristed Euro MP's wasting time and millions of £'s on a massive jolly.

I guess that a bunch of wishy washy limp wristed Euro MP's wasting time and millions of £'s on a massive jolly run rings around the UK because they can. Only ourselves to blame. Still we do need the workers so all is not lost with the migration crisis.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, oowee said:

I guess that a bunch of wishy washy limp wristed Euro MP's wasting time and millions of £'s on a massive jolly run rings around the UK because they can. Only ourselves to blame. Still we do need the workers so all is not lost with the migration crisis.

We don't need the workers, we have millions of home grown layabouts, that our wishy washy limp wristed government would rather keep paying to do nothing, rather than forcing them into meaningful work, in fear of losing their vote to an even worse party, who would promise anything to keep them in power. 

This is labour's legacy to the UK. 

Are we stupid enough to fall for it again? 

17 hours ago, oowee said:

We definitely don't need the workers, it's been highlighted in several reports that immigrant labour has driven down wages for low and medium skilled workers. What we need is to stop it and train our own and pay a decent wage to attract our own workers off benefits and into jobs. 

3 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

We definitely don't need the workers, it's been highlighted in several reports that immigrant labour has driven down wages for low and medium skilled workers. What we need is to stop it and train our own and pay a decent wage to attract our own workers off benefits and into jobs. 

? Not sure i follow this. We are short of labour in every industry. We have more jobs than people to fill them. Brexit was a vote to lower standards and lower wage rates with an exploited work force was surely part of the plan. 

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

We don't need the workers, we have millions of home grown layabouts, that our wishy washy limp wristed government would rather keep paying to do nothing, rather than forcing them into meaningful work, in fear of losing their vote to an even worse party, who would promise anything to keep them in power. 

This is labour's legacy to the UK. 

Are we stupid enough to fall for it again? 

The country fell for Boris and this Tory mess. The country fell for the Brexit lies. Any new government would be a welcome change. It could hardly be worse. We have the highest tax rate ever, a cost of living crisis, a shortage of power. A winter of discontent with strikes across the board including nursing.  Of course none of it is our fault but even a half carp govt would have avoided at least some of it? 

50 minutes ago, oowee said:

Of course none of it is our fault but even a half carp govt would have avoided at least some of it? 

How? 

Covid made a mess of any worthwhile plans for Brexit growth and employment, its the same across Europe, and I'm pretty sure the tories don't govern over there? 

We already know what Labour would have done, they would have borrowed even more money, and thrown it round like confetti, whilst promising to tax the rich that hard, they all left the country. 

Businesses, already struggling, also taxed to death, or to move abroad? 

The end result would have been economic carnage. 

The opposition talk a good game when it comes to slagging the tories off, but actual coherent policies? Nothing. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

? Not sure i follow this. We are short of labour in every industry. We have more jobs than people to fill them. Brexit was a vote to lower standards and lower wage rates with an exploited work force was surely part of the plan. 

The country fell for Boris and this Tory mess. The country fell for the Brexit lies. Any new government would be a welcome change. It could hardly be worse. We have the highest tax rate ever, a cost of living crisis, a shortage of power. A winter of discontent with strikes across the board including nursing.  Of course none of it is our fault but even a half carp govt would have avoided at least some of it? 

You cant keep piling coal on the fire, something will melt, how the hell did we ever manage when there were only 55 million of us?

One

1 hour ago, oowee said:

... Not sure i follow this. We are short of labour in every industry. We have more jobs than people to fill them. Brexit was a vote to lower standards and lower wage rates with an exploited work force was surely part of the plan. ...

What industry?

One reason the words 'labour and industry' can appear in the same sentence would be that Labour chased so much of our manufacturing industry abroad where there is a cheaper and less militant workforce.

48 minutes ago, old'un said:

how the hell did we ever manage when there were only 55 million of us?

The issue is not one of labour force numbers, but one of productivity.  The amount of 'output' achieved per person.  This is even worse since Covid; For example I understand that around 50% of Home Office civil servants are still not going into the office.

33 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

The issue is not one of labour force numbers, but one of productivity.  The amount of 'output' achieved per person.  This is even worse since Covid; For example I understand that around 50% of Home Office civil servants are still not going into the office.

the problem now everyone seems to be working on the checkout at the super market or cafes/bars and offices/financial, do we actually make and export much now?

I actually believe the NHS is over staffed and under preforms.

1 minute ago, old'un said:

Absolutely.  I was hospitalised for a few days early in Covid (not Covid related) and it was hopelessly inefficient; lovely kind people on the whole, but a hopeless and utterly chaotic system.  My 'follow up' check the consultant ordered never happened and I was 'lost' off the system - but fortunately, a medical friend tells me that since I am fully recovered 2 years on with no ill effects, all must be well!

30 minutes ago, old'un said:

yes?

It took around 52 years (68-2020) to increase the UK by 10 million, but looking back it took from 1925 to 68 to get a 10 million increase and there were 450K uk deaths during WW2 so they could be said to be quite comparative. 

Even more startling is the rise from 1801 (10.5M) to now! 

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

How? 

Covid made a mess of any worthwhile plans for Brexit growth and employment, its the same across Europe, and I'm pretty sure the tories don't govern over there? 

We already know what Labour would have done, they would have borrowed even more money, and thrown it round like confetti, whilst promising to tax the rich that hard, they all left the country. 

Businesses, already struggling, also taxed to death, or to move abroad? 

The end result would have been economic carnage. 

The opposition talk a good game when it comes to slagging the tories off, but actual coherent policies? Nothing. 

Off course 🤣 We have an absolute shambles of a Govt taxing everyone to the hilt. Business moving abroad of course they are. The lowest level of inward investment in the G7. Who would want to invest here. I live here and most of my money is abroad. 

1 hour ago, old'un said:

You cant keep piling coal on the fire, something will melt, how the hell did we ever manage when there were only 55 million of us?

We live off  growth.

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

One

What industry?

One reason the words 'labour and industry' can appear in the same sentence would be that Labour chased so much of our manufacturing industry abroad where there is a cheaper and less militant workforce.

Err lets pick one. Education. or another NHS. No no lets pick one that we rely on more and more social care. Or even a night out hospitality. Where do you live that you don't see this? I get it lets blame the workers its their fault for wanting a decent standard of living. 🤣

18 minutes ago, old'un said:

the problem now everyone seems to be working on the checkout at the super market or cafes/bars and offices/financial, do we actually make and export much now?

For crying out loud. Wait till you need a bed. Probably never get there on time as we are short of ambulance drivers.

5 minutes ago, henry d said:

It took around 52 years (68-2020) to increase the UK by 10 million, but looking back it took from 1925 to 68 to get a 10 million increase and there were 450K uk deaths during WW2 so they could be said to be quite comparative. 

Even more startling is the rise from 1801 (10.5M) to now! 

Still does not explain why we keep being told we need more people here? Why?

1 minute ago, oowee said:

Off course 🤣 We have an absolute shambles of a Govt taxing everyone to the hilt. Business moving abroad of course they are. The lowest level of inward investment in the G7. Who would want to invest here. I live here and most of my money is abroad. 

Taxes have changed how much in 20 years ?
Lets look at it another way , suppose you were still a high earner, would you be happier with a labour government taxing you to the hilt ?
Would that be a better thing ?

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

Err lets pick one. Education. or another NHS. No no lets pick one that we rely on more and more social care. Or even a night out hospitality. Where do you live that you don't see this? I get it lets blame the workers its their fault for wanting a decent standard of living. 🤣

Err , those are not industries , those are public services , paid for by the public ??

Most of our industry , got out of Dodge when the last labour government was in , and very few came back.

2 minutes ago, old'un said:

So they can all train to be ambulance drivers, doctors and nurses , 'studies'* have shown , all the young lads landing in dinghies , and clinging to the underside of lorries, are only doing it so they can become responsible tax paying members of British society, who will be happy to pay our pensions in years to come , and dont really want to claim any benefits ..at ... all.:lol:

*Studies were conducted by lefty globalist think tanks.

12 minutes ago, oowee said:

We live off  growth. growth in what, people or the people already here being more productive?

For crying out loud. Wait till you need a bed. Probably never get there on time as we are short of ambulance drivers.

The reason there's no ambulances/drivers is because they cannot leave a patient until the hospital signs them in, sometimes that can be hours.

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

They can’t half sulk can’t they! 🙂

15 minutes ago, old'un said:

Because of all the old backsides that need wiping, taxes to pay all those state pensions, an NHS that keeps all those old people alive, bus passes, etc but basically to keep the merry-go-round spinning and not crashing down. 

@old'un "The reason there's no ambulances/drivers is because they cannot leave a patient until the hospital signs them in, sometimes that can be hours."

This doesn't add up if you believe that 

46 minutes ago, old'un said:

the NHS is over staffed

Just watching the TV shows us the A&E depts are full, the wards are full and surprisingly the ambulances can't just chuck the patient on the floor in the waiting room. My friend is a paramedic and she is stressed to the max and is close to quitting because of this. It isn't due to incompetence, though there is some fault with the directors etc, but lack of funding. Even Boris told us it was underfunded. 

32 minutes ago, old'un said:

To maintain our standard of living and GDP driven economy. More so since Brexit. We have yet to do our deal with India which is likely to produce much greater permanent numbers than the EU ever did but it takes time to put in place. Until then the magnet is here. 

Beds are blocked because we have a failed social care system. The Tories had a plan to tax us but then they scrapped it.