• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, oowee said:

6 minutes ago, Dave-G said:
EU trying to make Brexit a failure, and our lefty orgs working against the government to bring them down for Labour about covers it.

The EU don't have to bother that will happen all on its own. Just driven from Poland to SK the growing affluence is noticeable, we are being left behind. 

🤯 You've got to be kidding, it is Polands EU membership and the transfer of wealth from countries like the UK while we were members that has caused this 

17 minutes ago, oowee said:

The EU don't have to bother that will happen all on its own. Just driven from Poland to SK the growing affluence is noticeable, we are being left behind. 

Is that how you measure the success of the EU ?

They have gone from living in breeze block , corrugated steel roof houses, and eating turnips, to something  approaching modern western society ?
The collapse of the USSR and the ability to work in richer countries has most definitely helped  these countries to prosper, but massive EU loans with huge interest rates are the biggest factors.
Loans they will likely never be able to pay back , like Greece ,Ireland ect.
The grants for infrastructure that buy their loyalty, that we , France and Germany paid for via our taxes, are a drop in the ocean.

The EU hasnt made this happen, they have skimmed off the top for their own benefit and aims.
But the toil and sweat of the citizens, who have the ability to work abroad if they choose have made it happen.
And nobody needed the EU for that.

31 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

This country  can't  be doing to bad  if  you can do as you have  just  said  , you call this  country  , yet you still remain here. There has to be a reason for that .

That's a good point. Up until now I have been anchored here but now wife finishes work so we can go any where. Will keep a place in UK (pension condition) , I cannot live in Europe without buying and I don't want the restriction, and dont have the language's. Will hopefully live on my boat and rent houses in the off season if there is one. 

By no means a fair measure of change here but I dropped into some random petrol station on an "A road'. Toilets were immaculate, fuel was €1.45 bread for sale was better than I can get in Sainsburys, shelves were better stocked than my local. 

So many new houses going up, roads resurfaced, new factories it's like a boom town. That's both Poland and SK. 

All this growth must make an impact on migration. 

14 minutes ago, oowee said:

That's a good point. Up until now I have been anchored here but now wife finishes work so we can go any where. Will keep a place in UK (pension condition) , I cannot live in Europe without buying and I don't want the restriction, and dont have the language's. Will hopefully live on my boat and rent houses in the off season if there is one. 

By no means a fair measure of change here but I dropped into some random petrol station on an "A road'. Toilets were immaculate, fuel was €1.45 bread for sale was better than I can get in Sainsburys, shelves were better stocked than my local. 

So many new houses going up, roads resurfaced, new factories it's like a boom town. That's both Poland and SK. 

All this growth must make an impact on migration. 

googled SK

Edited by Dave-G

2 minutes ago, armsid said:

Agree with 12gauge12 if as oowee has said the east European countries these economic migrants have come through are prosperring why have they not stayed there and got jobs?

Many of them have flatly refused to let them claim asylum, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia, have flatly refused EU quotas on 'refugees', earning threats from the commission. 

Also the fact that their social states are no where near as generous as ours. 

Look what happened when they massed on the Polish border with Belarus, they were met with razor wire and the army. 

9 hours ago, armsid said:

Agree with 12gauge12 if as oowee has said the east European countries these economic migrants have come through are prosperring why have they not stayed there and got jobs?

Do they speak the language, do they have friends and/or family there...

1 hour ago, henry d said:

What has that got to do with anything. 

If they were genuine refugees they would stop in the first country they were safe in, not head through multiple safe countries to join their families who also went through multiple safe countries to fleece the UK of benefits, housing and free health care. 

Lets see your answer to that?

3 hours ago, henry d said:

Judging by the amount of translators we need to process their claims, I would say no, they don't speak the language. 

Plus the fact they have family or friends here is irrelevant, is that the reason they're coming? Or is it because they're 'friends' have told them it's the easiest country to get into, and has the most generous benefits. 

None of which should matter to someone genuinely fleeing war and persecution. 

They are selecting their ultimate destination based on where they would like to go, like perusing a holiday brochure, many of them have been to multiple countries and claimed asylum, and when they don't like it anymore, or commits crimes, they throw their paperwork, and move onto the next. 

Are such people still genuine refugees? 

6 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

What has that got to do with anything. 

If they were genuine refugees they would stop in the first country they were safe in, not head through multiple safe countries to join their families who also went through multiple safe countries to fleece the UK of benefits, housing and free health care. 

Lets see your answer to that?

? 🙂 Why should they stop. Get safe find your friends and family and a place you can have a future. We would all mostly do the same. 

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

They are selecting their ultimate destination based on where they would like to go, like perusing a holiday brochure, many of them have been to multiple countries and claimed asylum, and when they don't like it anymore, or commits crimes, they throw their paperwork, and move onto the next. 

Where's the evidence for this? 

12 minutes ago, oowee said:

? 🙂 Why should they stop. Get safe find your friends and family and a place you can have a future. We would all mostly do the same. 

Where's the evidence for this? 

Well why did the original family members travel through multiple safe countries in the first place? Henrys point is utter nonsense, the truth is, in the UK migrants are given far too much and we are now being invaded by millions of economic migrants, at the detriment of the UK population and genuine refugees. 

Edited by 12gauge82

11 hours ago, henry d said:

None of these questions have any bearing on asylum law. What you are saying is completely irrelevant.  They must claim asylum in the first safe country they come to.

It's not a pick and choose option

3 hours ago, oowee said:

And that's one of the problems in this and other countries, immigrants will try to head for towns and cities with a high percentage of their own kind, the area becomes home from home with little need to integrate.

9 minutes ago, old'un said:

And that's one of the problems in this and other countries, immigrants will try to head for towns and cities with a high percentage of their own kind, the area becomes home from home with little need to integrate.

Exactly. 

The bottom line in all this is, the 'woke' believe the UK has the responsibility to 'save' economic migrants at the tax payers expense, allowing them into the UK without checks, providing them free housing, feeding, medical ect and the UK population excepting the change of our countries populations way of life, increased risk of terrorism, crimes, wage suppression and non integration of the huge numbers that come. 

This is not about and never has been about genuine refugees, this country has a long tradition of helping real refugees, case in point is the war in Ukraine, look at the support and welcome Ukrainian refugees have received here and imo rightly so. 

11 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Yes they do

The 1951 Refugee Convention does not require a person to claim asylum in the first safe country they reach, there is no legal requirement for a refugee to claim asylum in any particular country, there is however a requirement for the first safe country in which they arrive to hear their asylum claim but, if this does not happen for any reason, the refugee is then free to make their asylum claim elsewhere.

And this is the problem in France and other EU country's.