Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, oowee said:

Love it 

7 hours ago, Penelope said:

Chukar it out!!!

7 hours ago, old man said:

Well I certainly didn't need the BBC to tell me that, been the same forever? 

Rd legs from paddling?

Damned thing is demanding a pear tree and wants to move in by Christmas   !

🙄

Re: Brexit and immigration

In 2015, Angela Merkel had an open door policy for migrants, allowing well over 1 million in to Germany in one year, a trend that continued for several years afterwards. Those people have, or are well on their way to German and therefore EU citizenship with the right to live and work in the UK had it remained.

You can't have open borders within the European Union while member states have individual immigration policies and behave so recklessly. Brexit was the best thing that's happened to the UK in a long time from this perspective. Whatever problems you are facing now would have been far worse as a member of the EU.

7 hours ago, Houseplant said:

Re: Brexit and immigration

In 2015, Angela Merkel had an open door policy for migrants, allowing well over 1 million in to Germany in one year, a trend that continued for several years afterwards. Those people have, or are well on their way to German and therefore EU citizenship with the right to live and work in the UK had it remained.

You can't have open borders within the European Union while member states have individual immigration policies and behave so recklessly. Brexit was the best thing that's happened to the UK in a long time from this perspective. Whatever problems you are facing now would have been far worse as a member of the EU.

Spot on

2 hours ago, old'un said:

No, but I did say if they sailed into British waters.

But it is still arms and legs. The ship(s) picked up people in distress in the med rather than leave them, so very different to your scenario and more like what is happening in the channel except for distances involved. 

39 minutes ago, henry d said:

The ship(s) picked up people in distress in the med rather than leave them,

No , the ships MET people being trafficked in the Med , at a pre arranged location.

40 minutes ago, henry d said:

so very different to your scenario

Mmmm...

40 minutes ago, henry d said:

more like what is happening in the channel

Where the people being trafficked ring the UK coastguard, and are 'rescued' ?

So its not that different at all.

1 hour ago, henry d said:

But it is still arms and legs. The ship(s) picked up people in distress in the med rather than leave them, so very different to your scenario and more like what is happening in the channel except for distances involved. 

Does not matter where they picked them up from, the point I was trying to make was, if they sailed into British waters would they be rescued and could they claim asylum?

3 hours ago, old'un said:

Does not matter where they picked them up from, the point I was trying to make was, if they sailed into British waters would they be rescued and could they claim asylum?

Yes it does, you start with a question, you add something to it, then try to use a "well whatabout..." then when I ask about the details of the "whatabout" you go back to the original question, you're either on a wind up or can't follow a train of thought. 

5 hours ago, henry d said:

Arms and legs has never stopped you jumping straight to the racism accusations before though has it? 

16 minutes ago, henry d said:

Yes it does, you start with a question, you add something to it, then try to use a "well whatabout..." then when I ask about the details of the "whatabout" you go back to the original question, you're either on a wind up or can't follow a train of thought. 

You've just described one of your many logic defying posts perfectly. 

21 hours ago, Wymondley said:

If we'd just taken the first boat load to arrive and dumped them back on a French beach we wouldn't be where we are now.

They have been coming for decades, but it's only just started hitting the news because of the numbers and the fact they now demand asylum 

Years ago they disappeared into the back of an old transit van in the dead of night never to be seen again.

1 hour ago, henry d said:

what is your problem? You always seem to-be on a crusade for some reason, if you cant understand my post then don't try to read and weave your own words into it.

Thank you.

Edited by old'un

2 hours ago, old'un said:

what is your problem? You always seem to-be on a crusade for some reason, if you cant understand my post then don't try to read and weave your own words into it.

Thank you.

No crusade, you asked the question, twisted it to include a news story and when questioned about it take a hissy fit.

1 minute ago, old'un said:

talking of taking a hissy fit, why do you block people when they get the better of you?

There you go again talking about something you know little of. I have 3 people blocked, one was offensive when I was a mod, the other 2 are out and out conspiracy theorists that continue to bark long into the night and I really can't be bothered to keep repeating myself to them by pm or post.

Anyway, prevarication over, what's your point?

31 minutes ago, henry d said:

There you go again talking about something you know little of. so you did block 2 people, thank you

I have 3 people blocked, one was offensive when I was a mod, the other 2 are out and out conspiracy theorists that continue to bark long into the night and I really can't be bothered to keep repeating myself to them by pm or post. if you knew they were out and out conspiracy theorists why engage with them in the first place?

I think its me who should be asking you that question, it was you who tried to pick flies with my post, like I said earlier you seem to-be on a crusade with anything that is possibly against asylum seeker flooding this country, can I ask why?

Talking about my first post that you reacted to, what is wrong in asking a question?

Edited by old'un

6 hours ago, henry d said:

There you go again talking about something you know little of. I have 3 people blocked, one was offensive when I was a mod, the other 2 are out and out conspiracy theorists that continue to bark long into the night and I really can't be bothered to keep repeating myself to them by pm or post.

Not sure if I'm on your blocked list or not as you selectively reply to me when you want to. Im not trying to offend you but in my humble opinion your posts are sometimes condescending, written with an air of superiority and imo are not based in a way I would consider logical, when your (imo) sometimes irrational posts are talked through to a logical conclusion, you throw woke accusations at people and finally block or ignore them when you loose the debate. Just a suggestion but maybe think about how you come across. I enjoy a good debate and will always give counter opinions where I feel relevant, however I don't take anything too seriously on here, maybe you should take the same approach? 

All that said you can also come across as educated, intelligent and I have enjoyed reading some of your very informative posts, I bet if we met other than an online forum we'd get on like a house on fire despite our opposing views 👍

Edited by 12gauge82

7 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Not sure if I'm on your blocked list or not as you selectively reply to me when you want to. Im not trying to offend you but in my humble opinion your posts are sometimes condescending, written with an air of superiority and imo are not based in a way I would consider logical, when your (imo) sometimes irrational posts are talked through to a logical conclusion, you throw woke accusations at people and finally block or ignore them when you loose the debate. Just a suggestion but maybe think about how you come across. I enjoy a good debate and will always give counter opinions where I feel relevant, however I don't take anything too seriously on here, maybe you should take the same approach? 

Couldnt agree more, but you have to understand , anyone who doesnt agree with his rigid thinking , is morally wrong , a conspiracy theorist nutter , a racist, or just plain stoopid ! Sometimes all 4 !
But having said that , he cant help having a troll anyway.

7 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

All that said you can also come across as educated, intelligent and I have enjoyed reading some of your very informative posts, I bet if we met other than an online forum we'd get on like a house on fire despite our opposing views 👍

I dont doubt his intelligence, but in real life , I would imagine he would be little different to on line.

Edited by Rewulf

54 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Couldnt agree more, but you have to understand , anyone who doesnt agree with his rigid thinking , is morally wrong , a conspiracy theorist nutter , a racist, or just plain stoopid ! Sometimes all 4 !
But having said that , he cant help having a troll anyway.

I dont doubt his intelligence, but in real life , I would imagine he would be little different to on line.

I'm not sure we're both not talking to thin air, I'm sure he's put you on his naughty list in the past to 🎅🤣🤣🤣