• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Scully said:

Oh give over please! 😂

I fear some think the Queen woke up one morning and thought, oh, I'll make that Blair chap a Knight of the Garter...........whereas the more enlightened know very well that the Queen is "advised" on such matters.

Edited by CharlieT

Just now, CharlieT said:

I fear some think the Queen woke up one morning and thought, oh, I'll make that Blair chap a Knight of the Garter...........whereas the more enlightened know very well that the Queen is "advised" on such things.

It is entirely the Queens decision this award, it is obvious Philip has been blocking her for the last 14 years. 

5 minutes ago, CharlieT said:

I fear some think the Queen woke up one morning and thought, oh, I'll make that Blair chap a Knight of the Garter...........whereas the more enlightened know very well that the Queen is "advised" on such matters.

there’s over a million people “advising” her to take it back let’s have it honest this is utter contempt and arrogance by the old bag 

23 minutes ago, clangerman said:

there’s over a million people “advising” her to take it back let’s have it honest this is utter contempt and arrogance by the old bag 

That's one of the most disgraceful and disrespectful posts I've ever seen on pigeon watch.  

47 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

That's one of the most disgraceful and disrespectful posts I've ever seen on pigeon watch.  

my respect is reserved for those who fought and fell for this country not those who give knighthoods to a liar who caused their deaths so don’t be telling me who to respect I know who deserves it and who does not 

12 minutes ago, clangerman said:

my respect is reserved for those who fought and fell for this country not those who give knighthoods to a liar who caused their deaths so don’t be telling me who to respect I know who deserves it and who does not 

And do you really think the rest of us like the situation any more than you do?.  You really are a numbskull aren't you . I'll bow out of this one now.

9 hours ago, clangerman said:

I get your anger and I absolutely agree the queen has at best made a major error of judgement (which she should rectify immediately) . But imho I believe even if you don't respect the person, you should respect the position they hold and what it stands for. 

42 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I get your anger and I absolutely agree the queen has at best made a major error of judgement (which she should rectify immediately) . But imho I believe even if you don't respect the person, you should respect the position they hold and what it stands for. 

Don't get me wrong there is no way this man should be getting knighted. But Playing devil's advocate, surley that stands for Blair as well then.

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Absolutely correct 👍

I thought Great Britain was for Queen and country  

Edited by Rim Fire

20 hours ago, CharlieT said:

Exactly so, dripped in her shell like by hidden ill advisers?

20 hours ago, clangerman said:

Steady on chap!

11 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Don't get me wrong there is no way this man should be getting knighted. But Playing devil's advocate, surley that stands for Blair as well then.

I'll add the caveat that I apply that logic but they must also honour that position and not grossly abuse it for their own ends, as I believe Tony Blair did.