Coterminous Renewal Advice please!

Afternoon!

I'm doing the prep for my SGC renewal and thought it might be worth applying for a coterminous FAC at the same time.

is there a disadvantage in applying for a number of different slots for the FAC? I don't need CF and .22WMR will do for the close range foxes, I also thought I'd ask for FAC air and .22LR.

The land is mine and to my knowledge not cleared for anything although surrounding land has been cleared for rim fire by the sound of it 🙂

I think I have to specify a moderator for each slot, but do you have to specify semi auto or bolt action?

Cheers

Simon

8 minutes ago, smokingdragon said:

Cheers guys! - so when specifying a rifle, do I put down .22 WMR +Mod? Or separate slot for each moderator? Sorry for the questions!

Mod is a Separate item, so you'd have to say 22wmr, bolt action, etc on one line, then SAK sound moderator on next line for example.

You do have to note the action be it bolt.or semi auto etc 

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

I have never specified this and it's never been questioned, that's across 2 seperate forces.  I just put the calibre down, for .22 I don't even specify LR.

Yes each moderator is it's own slot.

It's on the form I have to fill in. Action / type is specified... I'd imagine this again is just force specific.

51 minutes ago, Mr.C said:

And I don't think you need to be as specific as which make of moderator just which caliber it's for. 

When buying I should have said. You do have to put 22 Moderator, so they know which rifle will have the mod when applying

Edited by ShootingEgg

You only need mention mods if you actually want one, they aren’t compulsory. 
Regarding rimfires, I only ever specified the calibre, and never lr or otherwise, as it kept my options open. 
I realise times have changed, but back in the day a RFD would sell you either WMR or whatever, as long as it was rimfire. They may still do. 🤷‍♂️
I never specified mechanism, that was only written on the ticket once bought. 

1 hour ago, smokingdragon said:

On the South Wales Police application form there are 3 headings Calibre - Type - Reason. When I asked them about what was the lowest calibre they approve for fox and they said 22WMR or 22 Hornet but the cost of Hornet rounds make it a no goer.

Type = Rifle etc. No need to specify bolt.

Edit-If you fill out the application online, the "Type" box has a dropdown predefined selection. None of which are bolt/semi-auto.

Edited by Newbie to this

30 minutes ago, smokingdragon said:

On the South Wales Police application form there are 3 headings Calibre - Type - Reason. When I asked them about what was the lowest calibre they approve for fox and they said 22WMR or 22 Hornet but the cost of Hornet rounds make it a no goer.

Talk about chalk and cheese. Obviously, they haven't heard about the 17WSM which fits nicely between the two. The problem is though that being rimfire it's ammo dependent for accuracy and currently - with no sign of any change -  we can only get one make and whereas mine is just about OK for fox, it's no good for the other intended use so I have to use the two quoted as applicable. Appreciate your initial problem, but don't discard the 22 Hornet totally. Re-loading brings the price down to WMR level or better and even when sensibly done can make a mockery of many, if not all, of the factory offerings.

You have stated that you dont need a centre fire as the 22WMR is enough, but (just a little but) 😉

A 22CF eg 222 or 223, will give you more margin for error and be able to reach out to those smart Fox's that seem to know just how far a RF can reach.