Camel flu pandemic on the horizon

Dave-G

I'll be ok.  The last time I was anywhere near a camel, it was about 10 years ago in Jordan. There aren't any monkeys local that I know of and I suppose that I could set up a Footbath of Jayes fluid by the doors.  A bit like foot and mouth times.  I could set up a rose spray but I don't think that the Mrs would have that.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Acerforestry said:

And you know this for a fact, how? Are you a scientist? ...

Why do so many peoiple just immediately believe what they are told...

I see your argument, I have to prove that viruses mutate/adapt to possible hosts in order to survive pretty much like all life has had to adapt in some way to survive, yet you just sit back and say "...it's MSM telling you what to believe..." Nut job conspiracy theorists territory. Look yourself for academic papers on virology or ask your doctor, which of course you won't do as he is under the control of big pharma and they are ultimately controlled by the illuminati lizard Kings.

22 minutes ago, ditchman said:

increasingly there has been more and more talk/mention of the lizard people.........it would certainly explain alot of things if we found out it was true...

(i think Elon Musk looks a bit lizardy Hmmmm)

Some people believe he is an alien…...https://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/is-elon-musk-an-alien-funny-you-should-ask-because-he-actually-answered-2407197

18 hours ago, Piebob said:

I'd ask the same of you really.  I suspect you have no idea of how wide of the mark you really are.  There was never any requirement for anyone to test for transmission - this is not news, although you seem to have fallen for it.  But I'll indulge your nonsense - please do point me to where Pfizer told everyone what you claim above.  I'll wait...........

https://defconnews.com/2022/10/12/pfizer-admits-in-european-hearing-they-never-tested-vaccines-for-preventing-transmission/

Does that look like nonsense to you? Maybe its  you who are wide of the mark, when bigpharma are claiming that their products prevent people from passing whatever virus on, and clearly thats guesswork as they haven't tested it - well, i reckon that is news frankly

57 minutes ago, Acerforestry said:

https://defconnews.com/2022/10/12/pfizer-admits-in-european-hearing-they-never-tested-vaccines-for-preventing-transmission/

Does that look like nonsense to you? ...

...well, i reckon that is news frankly

Here's some alternative ideas  not from a right wing rag that is regarded as untrustworthy 

39 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Got to say that article is nonsense, Chris Witty, the PM and many others heavily implied the vaccine would help prevent transmission. 

i think you can go stronger than that...........the way it was sold to me everyday by everyone ...was that the vaccine prevents or slows trannsmission and makes the contraction of covid less severe.....

8 hours ago, ditchman said:

i think you can go stronger than that...........the way it was sold to me everyday by everyone ...was that the vaccine prevents or slows trannsmission and makes the contraction of covid less severe.....

What was it they said, roll up your sleeve and take one for the team 🙄

Edited by the enigma

11 hours ago, ditchman said:

The way I believed it to act ( still do I suppose in the face of a lack of contrary info’) is that it won’t prevent you getting it, but greatly reduces the effect of its severity. 
The thing is, how do we know? The head chef at OH’s place of work reckons he was quite ill for a couple of days when he had it again the other week. Would he have had it worse without the vaccine? Who knows? 🤷‍♂️
A mate and his family in town have had it three times now. 
You pays your money ( well indirectly anyhow ) and takes your chance. 

Edited by Scully

1 minute ago, Scully said:

The way I believed it to act ( still do I suppose in the face of a lack of contrary info’) is that it won’t prevent you getting it, but greatly reduces the effect of its severity. 
The thing is, how do we know? The head chef at OH’s place of work reckons he was quite ill for a couple of days when he had it again the other week. Would he have had it worse without the vaccine? Who knows? 🤷‍♂️
A mate and his family in town have had it three times now. 
You pays your money ( well indirectly anyhow ) and takes your chance. 

the trouble is there are so many views and all of them are conflicting........people are getting to the stage they do not know what to believe.......im sure the govt really know the true deal    but they are playing %ages.....(and they are inherently dishonest anyway)

20 minutes ago, ditchman said:

the trouble is there are so many views and all of them are conflicting........people are getting to the stage they do not know what to believe.......im sure the govt really know the true deal    but they are playing %ages.....(and they are inherently dishonest anyway)

I look at like this; the numbers of deaths have decreased significantly since the vaccines were rolled out, and even though cases of covid may rise, and appear to currently be in the increase, hospitalisations as far as I’m aware, are a fraction of what they were pre-vaccine. That’s got to be a good thing in my book. 

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

The thing is with all vaccines, and more so with the Covid jab, no one really knows what testing they did and what the long term effects of it will be.

I am 72, been fit as a fiddle all my life but since having the Covid jab I have had 12 months of bad health, (joint and muscle related) pure coincidence maybe, but it as made me think about having another booster jab.

1 hour ago, old'un said:

The thing is with all vaccines, and more so with the Covid jab, no one really knows what testing they did and what the long term effects of it will be.

I am 72, been fit as a fiddle all my life but since having the Covid jab I have had 12 months of bad health, (joint and muscle related) pure coincidence maybe, but it as made me think about having another booster jab.

oh yes ..i can relate to that....until 3 years ago (beginning of covid) i could bend down touch my toes...climb on my roof and replace tiles....scratch my own back...never had the cramps...very stiff knees..muscles in my chest not working properly all of a sudden (big breathing problems)...etc..................i can do none of that now....it just seemed to happen very quickly......all my problems seem to be muscle related.....defo not having anymore jabs thats for sure

I’m not advocating anyone has the jab or doesn’t, it’s entirely down to them in my opinion. As regards the testing of the vaccines, most folk at the time, from individuals to governments, were urging pharmaceuticals to come up with vaccines as fast as possible, and whatever the consequences, the death rates have plummeted. Make of that what you will. 
No one knows the long term effect of  micro waves and phone signals etc, on the human body. There are millions of people who have their phone almost lashed to their ears on a daily basis, and for much of it, without a care for the consequences, but phones are now a must have. 

I’ve never known more people with cancer in my life, both young and old; it’s like an epidemic.  🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Scully

4 hours ago, Scully said:

I’m not advocating anyone has the jab or doesn’t, it’s entirely down to them in my opinion. As regards the testing of the vaccines, most folk at the time, from individuals to governments, were urging pharmaceuticals to come up with vaccines as fast as possible, and whatever the consequences, the death rates have plummeted. Make of that what you will. 
No one knows the long term effect of  micro waves and phone signals etc, on the human body. There are millions of people who have their phone almost lashed to their ears on a daily basis, and for much of it, without a care for the consequences, but phones are now a must have. 

I’ve never known more people with cancer in my life, both young and old; it’s like an epidemic.  🤷‍♂️ 

Have the death rates reduced? 

Bear in mind probably everyone has now been exposed to Covid which will either have killed some, while others will recover and now carry immunity, would it therefore not be expected for the death toll to vastly fall, with or without the vaccine 🤷‍♂️

Not to mention a Covid death was recorded as anyone dying within a period of time of testing positive, including those clearly dying from something else entirely. 

Yet vaccine injury doesn't appear to be being recorded anywhere near as robustly. Like you say, you pays your money and takes your chances! 

7 hours ago, old'un said:

Ditto both, Im 69 and thinking its just age related......but

5 hours ago, ditchman said:

oh yes ..i can relate to that....until 3 years ago (beginning of covid) i could bend down touch my toes...climb on my roof and replace tiles....scratch my own back...never had the cramps...very stiff knees..muscles in my chest not working properly all of a sudden (big breathing problems)...etc..................i can do none of that now....it just seemed to happen very quickly......all my problems seem to be muscle related.....defo not having anymore jabs thats for sure

@Scully

Hi Scully

Hope you and yours are all well.

As you infer the current covid disease impact severity appears to be improving from the early pandemic. Below is some information and a longish summary of my experience and observations that may help in some ways to paint a picture of my experience.

A vaccines aim is to reduce the incidence of developing severe disease in the individual, this helps in part by preventing the need for hospital admission, reduces acute and long term complications and mortality. I currently see many more patients than before with covid symptoms having worked right throughout the whole period from very late 2019 until the present. Good news is I now see far, far fewer numbers of patients presenting with signs or symptoms of 'severe covid disease' and this reduction has become increasingly apparent after the early uptake of immunisation in conjunction with increasing infection rates.

This has led to a far greater reduction in the amount of patients that I diagnose with severe disease and associated complications and thankfully has resulted in treating a lot less for community acquired covid pneumonia, acute repiratory distress and covid sepsis among other complications. Now, in most cases that lean towards a covid infection, the presentations are upper respiratory covid viral in nature and are uncomplicated as opposed to a severe lower respiratory infection. The upper infections for most require minimal pharmacalogical management other than over the counter (otc) preparations. Advice is given on recovery time, pt self actions and timeframes of seeking review if symptoms worsen or complications arise.

In relation to other respiratory related infections, we are now seeing our usual increase in winter illness prevalence, rsv viruses in babies and young children which can cause a nasty croup, cold virus mostly upper respiratory, viral and bacterial pneumonias of the lower respirtory tract, exacerbations of asthma and copd and thankfully much rarer the odd case of flu. Otitis media (middle ear infection) and sinusitis tract infections as a complication of upper respiratory infection are a common presentation also.

The risk of disease severity or complications is overall increased for people with comorbidities and/or immunosuppression. However, there is always a risk to all people, never no risk, but lower and higher risk. Saw people early on in the covid when no vaccine was available who had no comorbidities who would be classed in low risk groups who then went on to develop severe disease and sometimes complications short and long term. 

I have seen cases of severe disease in lower and high risk groups associated with poorer outcomes from being unvaccinated from many pathogens and the probability of a poorer outcome would have been reduced if they were vaccinated. In the low risk groups it could be said that some of these people had underlying comorbidities that were not known to the individual or a possible subclinical illness/disease that despite investigations no condition can be detected and this puts them at a higher unknown risk. Vaccines protect not only the known vulnerable from harmful pathogens.

Vaccinations do not 100% ensure that a individual will not develop disease, but overall they do help reduce the severity of the disease, acute complications, mortality and comorbid long term complications from germs. There are no doubt asymptomatic groups who exhibit litttle or no signs of infection who go on to develop little if any symptoms in the absence of being vaccinated and for these groups in some ways the risk stratification is lesser defined. An unknown quantity to an extent we could say.

I do acknowlege that there have been rare cases of proven complications arising directly from some vaccinations and all medicines carry some risk to an extent. For most, it is the descison of the individual to decide if they choose to uptake the vaccine after making an informed decision on the information made availble to them weighing the clinical benefit of the medicine against the risks of the medicine. The enviroment has been confusing at times for society and patients and also challenging for professionals who work within a fast moving clinical enviroment of an unkown quantity developing new protocols and treatments for patients.

Bacteria, viruses, fungi etc have been around forever and we aint going to eridicate them anytime soon, clever things they are. Antimicobial resitance (AMR) is always evolving, more people on the planet, populations living closer, global travel infection, warmer climates, increased use of antimicrobials across all sectors of food production and medicine, lack of legaslitive oversight re antimicrobial production, sales and use in developing countries, societal misinformation re vaccinations resulting in reduced uptake resulting in cluster outbreaks of pathogenic diseases that then require antibiotic treatment. The lack of research and development into immunotherapy, newer antibiotics, antifungals and lets not forget the ever burgeoning influence from patients saying to me 'just give me a course of antibioics , that is all I want.'

Arrrghhh! :lol:

atb

7diaw

Edited by 7daysinaweek