Medium sized vans

kingsy18

My eldest was looking for a 5 seater van for his wife and to take kids / dog on holiday. Looked at Vauxhalls, which seemed the best value for money and had a decent reputation with friends who owned one. Got warned off Ford Transit - allegedly the least secure of all and a favourite for thieves. 

After spending a couple of weeks wasting my time doing research, he went out and bought a 7 seater Mercedes V Class. I would not recommend a Merc. Awful passenger comfort, despite the leather seats.

Transit custom double cab for me had it  4. 1/2 years and it been fantastic . Maintenance is minimal cost !

drivers  locks upgrade a must can be done for couple of hundred 

drives like a car room for 6 adults in mine !  In fact I would go for it’s probably one of the most ergonomic things to drive for me. Heated screen is fantastic for ice and condensation!

id have another tomorrow but can not  afford the newer euro 6 2.0l tdi yet. 130 on the clock and mot man and service man says it’s a keeper for a few years yet!

My one very small bug bear is it needs some weight to carry leaf’s rear and coils front can make it bounces unloaded.

Agriv8

On 01/11/2022 at 18:49, Ultrastu said:

I Love my 17 plate vivaro .

I've got the sportive  model with some nice features. Drives like a car .and my 1.6 is very economical doing 40 mpg around town full of stuff  

I like mine too, and it says Made In Britain on the back.

You would have change for a pretty good holiday from that budget too.

Edited by 39TDS

Honestly I’m only going to say Vw transporter. 
The garage by my workshop is regularly replacing transit engines with as low as 50,000 -100k miles on the clock . The belts are snapping .

My neighbour has had 2 engines in his 3 year old transit with 90k on the clock . The belt was the first engine and the turbo on the second which ignited the oil . 

im biased and swear by my transporters . They’re the same price as a transit new but I admit they aren’t cheap but if it’s a plain van without being a kombi I’d of thought you’d get a 17 plate for that 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 03/01/2023 at 21:28, jall25 said:

I would go 2.2 and Euro 6 but it depends on your needs really 

They all drive well in my experience 

I think 2.2 is euro 5 the 2.0 is euro 6 snapping belts has a ford recall I believe.

early injection issues now sorted!

mine just done Yorkshire to alps and back only issue an out of shape snow tyre thae vibrated at 130kmh !

Agriv8