S410 bolt ?.

samboy

Hi gang.

I'm on my 3rd S410 now and have never really been happy with the pressure of pulling the bolt back to cock the rifle.

Is there any way of making it a bit smoother and easier ?.

Thanks all.

I don't have a solution but can sympathise. I have an s410f and a bsa r10se-the bolt on the bsa is very slick compared to  the aa bolt  but the bsa is regulated and needs less hammer spring tension to open the valve as it doesn't have 190 bar of pressure to work against as the aa does. bsa reg would be set to a much lower pressure needing less force to open the valve.

Hello, I had an AA 410 carbine and used for 5 years with no problems on the bolt mechanism , same with a mk 1 BSA R10, pull back on the up, load up on the down , theres a chap on the AGF (cloverleaf) he is the forums expert on air arm rifles, but I have to say bolt action PCP rifles can be unpredictable, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

• 3 weeks later...

On my s200, plastic bolt, put the rifle in my shoulder and pull back quite easy. On my s410 xtra, it is harder, so I put rifle in my shoulder and across my knee to support weight of rifle. It's easier if you lift your foot up onto something.

As I'm sure everybody is aware, you must pull the bolt back dead straight. I wrap my thumb around the bolt and this seems to make you pull back straight, if that makes sense.