Why dont folk think first

ditchman

i was going to put this in the jokes section....but i cant because its true........

watching TV a few mins ago and i was reading the "strap" at the bottom........weather waring comes up.............

"the weather office has just issued a yellow snow warning for parts of Scotland"..............

well ...lucky old Scotland...........be careful out there folks

media folk must think carefully in future.......the public can be frightened easily

12 minutes ago, samboy said:

Yellow snow ?. Make sure you don't eat it 😝.

Also you must be vigilant for 'brown snow'. Slippier and smellier! 🤢

Ditchy, I see a news headline this week. "Why is the uk so cold at the moment". duhh! Maybe because our planets elliptical orbit in nearly the furthest point from the sun in it's yearly cycle. It's bloomin winter!

Edited by 7daysinaweek

Yep, amazing what I have read in the papers recently...PANIC PANIC   8mm of snow fell...now 8 cm (3 inches) might just frighten some but not those of us who have fought our way through 3 foot drifts to get home.  For a start remove MAY and COULD from the English language replace with WILL   Just lit the log burner in the kitchen, my wife is preparing some nice local grown lamb chops for supper, with sprout tops, now how many young folk know just how good they are?  Some roasties and apple cake and cream to finish.   Maybe a couple of fingers of Scotch to start then a glass of red to wash it all down.  Yellow, pink, purple whatver the colour of snow I could not care less.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Yep, amazing what I have read in the papers recently...PANIC PANIC   8mm of snow fell...now 8 cm (3 inches) might just frighten some but not those of us who have fought our way through 3 foot drifts to get home.  For a start remove MAY and COULD from the English language replace with WILL   Just lit the log burner in the kitchen, my wife is preparing some nice local grown lamb chops for supper, with sprout tops, now how many young folk know just how good they are?  Some roasties and apple cake and cream to finish.   Maybe a couple of fingers of Scotch to start then a glass of red to wash it all down.  Yellow, pink, purple whatver the colour of snow I could not care less.

nev ....dont think you have got it ...you went off on a bit of a tangent.......................have you never been warned by your parents ...never to eat yellow snow ?

5 hours ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Also you must be vigilant for 'brown snow'. Slippier and smellier! 🤢

Ditchy, I see a news headline this week. "Why is the uk so cold at the moment". duhh! Maybe because our planets elliptical orbit in nearly the furthest point from the sun in it's yearly cycle. It's bloomin winter!

Technically, it’s still autumn.

31 minutes ago, 30-6 said:

Re don't know what cold is, I do.

Was brought up in house with single pane of glass in metal window frames. No radiators at all, one open coal fire. When the coal run out we sat in duffle coats. Used to get ice on the inside of the windows.

yew run outta coal in Wales...................!!!!!!!...........................you must have been doing something wrong boi 

2 hours ago, 30-6 said:

Re don't know what cold is, I do.

Was brought up in house with single pane of glass in metal window frames. No radiators at all, one open coal fire. When the coal run out we sat in duffle coats. Used to get ice on the inside of the windows.

We had luxury. A coal fire in the kitchen range and in the frontroom. Still singlepane of glass metal frames. We didn't run out of coal as Dad worked for the pit and got a coal allowance. We got washed at the kitchen sink and dressed in the kitchen as the bedrooms were freezing.

9 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

We had luxury. A coal fire in the kitchen range and in the frontroom. Still singlepane of glass metal frames. We didn't run out of coal as Dad worked for the pit and got a coal allowance. We got washed at the kitchen sink and dressed in the kitchen as the bedrooms were freezing.

If you told the youngsters that today they would not believe you, ha ha. Monty rules.

11 hours ago, 30-6 said:

I feel sorry for young folk who have never had the chance to see those beautiful frost patterns on the inside of the windows, or to scratch their names with a fingernail.

2 hours ago, McSpredder said:

I feel sorry for young folk who have never had the chance to see those beautiful frost patterns on the inside of the windows, or to scratch their names with a fingernail.

Or melt hand patterns on the inside of the window. 🤷‍♀️ 

Nearly came a cropper with that when my hand stuck when it was really cold.