Anyone hunt with bigger caliber air rifles.

NoBodyImportant

550 fps in .25 cal  is very similar to the speed and trajectory  of our sub .12 .22 airguns . Your  800 fps .22 again similar to our. 177  sub 12 s 

So there are plenty (see  millions ) of people who successfully  hunt with a sub 12.22  airgun in the UK. And over seas . 

I cant see  any reason why a .25 cal doing around 17 fpe and 550 fps with a 25 grn jsb pellet won't work for you  

It will hit hard and take less wind than the .22 cal .  Should shoot smoother than the  22 also .

I'd get one , the energy retention  is awesome with .25 cal .

I have just bought a Cometa-400 Fenix .25 cal springer

break barrel from Big Dans Airguns ,check out his review 

of this airgun on youtube, i am over the moon with this .25cal

it handles well, is easy to cock, very accurate, little recoil

and devastates rats & tree rats,i love .25 cal and this 

airgun is a keeper, its great fun.!!

atb brian

55 minutes ago, happyshooter said:

atb brian

I will

On 16/01/2023 at 13:30, happyshooter said:

atb brian

Which one did you get, open sights or silencer model 

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a Hatsan 1000X in wood .25 for almost 6 months now, it is my first venture in to .25 air rifles and is sub 12ftlbs.

I like the Rifle its accurate with H&N FTTs , and for a £119 Cheap air rifle its in my opinion Great value.  I stick with the H&N FTTs as they are light for .25 , i tend to keep ranges down to the 20 to 25 yard area and its very decisive on rats. I wanted to try a cheap spring .25 after a lifetime of .177s & .22s, the problem was finding one in shops but i managed to get one new just 40 miles from home.

The Hatsan 1000X is a low budget model but has a reasonable  Quality wood stock with nice grain to it, and has the ouotro trigger on it unlike the slightly cheaper 900xs which has a slightly more budget trigger on it apparently.

All i know is its adjustable, but was set from factory ideal for my needs so i left it alone.  For the money i think its good and i would buy another hatsan with out hesitation. .

Not been on this sub forum before but if it’s any help, I have a Daystate air ranger in .25. This weapon comes as standard with 82ftlbs muzzle energy but mine ( using a cheapo clip on measuring gubbins) is constant around 78/79. I bought it years ago as I shoot rabbits over a few local golf clubs as well as for various farmers and I was having too many audible ricochets using a .22 rim fire ( I use a .17 out on the farmlands nowadays) 

The .25 Daystate is extremely good at dropping rabbits stone dead at up to fifty/sixty yards and especially so at very short range when lamping from a buggy as opposed to rim fire subsonic unless head shot ( I suspect this is due to the pellet imparting more energy whereas a rim fire at short range can pass straight though a ‘fisty’ rabbit) The one problem I find is when shooting ferals around the factories I shoot ( where the bird droppings can contaminate many hundreds of pounds of machine parts simply by being on the packaging) Here I have to use a subsonic  otherwise I would punch a hole through the insulated metal roofs!. 
The main disadvantage of the Daystate is its enormous length and weight as it’s not easily possible ( or safe) to shoot from one side of a vehicle then pull it in and shoot from the opposite side. The other disadvantage is the poor trajectory of the heavy pellets needing quite a lot of hold over using guess work on, say pigeons, when on out door roofs and wires where one can easily see the pellet drop through the scope if against a cloudy sky

2 hours ago, Manymissedpigeon said:

Not been on this sub forum before but if it’s any help, I have a Daystate air ranger in .25. This weapon comes as standard with 82ftlbs muzzle energy but mine ( using a cheapo clip on measuring gubbins) is constant around 78/79. I bought it years ago as I shoot rabbits over a few local golf clubs as well as for various farmers and I was having too many audible ricochets using a .22 rim fire ( I use a .17 out on the farmlands nowadays) 

Weapon?