Prostate

Neverforget

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, johnphilip said:

I take it aswell Tamsulosin, I take it on an evening. Around. 7 pm. To let me get through the night. Without. The need. To get up. To pee.

In the evening. Now there’s a thought. I take mine in the morning at breakfast. This probably explains why I pee little in the day and mostly at night. Time to change.πŸ‘

1 minute ago, Bobba said:

In the evening. Now there’s a thought. I take mine in the morning at breakfast. This probably explains why I pee little in the day and mostly at night. Time to change.πŸ‘

Doctor told me to take in evening even though the instructions say mornings. Works for me

48 minutes ago, Bobba said:

It's all food for thought whereas I don't go so much at night as more in the day so would you say that the tablet has worn off by the time you go to bed πŸ€”

6 minutes ago, JDog said:

Now let us see who is brave and who is not. Tamsulosin works perfectly well to allow the passage of urine, but what about a more viscous substance.?

That can be a shock lol, to put it bluntly when you ejaculate nothing comes out your body absorbs it, it doesn't happen to everyone and not all the time, but it most certainly does happen.

I take medication for my bladder as i too have an enlarged prostrate, but also side effects of medication i take for stroke. Im currently taking Trospium chloride twice a day (morn/eves). I'd love to say its working but it isn't.Β 

I was first prescribedΒ sollfenacinΒ but it did nothing.

I dont drink no where near enough liquids and im always thirsty. I seriously have to watch the amount i drink in relation to how far i am from a loo.Β 

Β 

2 hours ago, welsh1 said:

That can be a shock lol, to put it bluntly when you ejaculate nothing comes out your body absorbs it, it doesn't happen to everyone and not all the time, but it most certainly does happen.

After my prostrateΒ  treatmentΒ  seed injection. To kill of the cancer. I can just say it saves a fortune. On. TissuesΒ  .

3 hours ago, JDog said:

Now let us see who is brave and who is not. Tamsulosin works perfectly well to allow the passage of urine, but what about a more viscous substance.?

Hah. I wish. Aged 80yrs even my memory fades on that subject 🀣🀣

Another member of the Tamsulosin Club and have been since 2010. I was on Finastride also but that didn't suit me, or the wife, too well.

I've had quite a number of whole body PET, CT and other scans since being hospitalised and nearly shuffling off this mortal coil due to a non prostate related cancer three years ago.

Edited by Miserableolgit

On 09/11/2023 at 09:09, harrycatcat1 said:

Blood test yesterday and a message from the doctor this morning saying " your PSA test was normal"

So i will be starting some tablets to improve "flow". I have recently changed doctors and these are fantastic, getting a result less than 24 hours from the test is remarkable πŸ‘Β 

Ask the GP for the actual PSA number. Depending on your age, anything over 5 or so should be rechecked regularly and 8 or over requires follow up checks with a urologist.

Do not - I repeat - do not trust your GP's judgement. I made that mistake 10 years ago and my condition is now officially life limiting because of it.

2 hours ago, Westward said:

Ask the GP for the actual PSA number. Depending on your age, anything over 5 or so should be rechecked regularly and 8 or over requires follow up checks with a urologist.

Do not - I repeat - do not trust your GP's judgement. I made that mistake 10 years ago and my condition is now officially life limiting because of it.

Β I will, thanks for that advice πŸ‘ I am going to ring them Monday πŸ™Β 

16 hours ago, Westward said:

Sorry to here what you are going through, I was lucky. My young femaleΒ  GP spotted and got the ball rolling straight awayΒ  . Some doctorsΒ  belive it's slow growing let's keep checking.Β 

The big dangerΒ  is it spreading . It's. 10 years. SinceΒ  I was treatedΒ  with the radioactiveΒ  seeds injected into the prostrateΒ  . This was. Done at EdinburghΒ  Cancer. Hospital.Β  I live near stranraer. .

I was told then they were only. Doing two of these. ProceduresΒ  a week .they spent. The start of the week preparingΒ  the seeds. Then they were ready by Friday.Β 

Two per week for the hole of ScotlandΒ  ., quite. Scary .

2 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Sorry to here what you are going through, I was lucky. My young femaleΒ  GP spotted and got the ball rolling straight awayΒ  . Some doctorsΒ  belive it's slow growing let's keep checking.Β 

The big dangerΒ  is it spreading . It's. 10 years. SinceΒ  I was treatedΒ  with the radioactiveΒ  seeds injected into the prostrateΒ  . This was. Done at EdinburghΒ  Cancer. Hospital.Β  I live near stranraer. .

I was told then they were only. Doing two of these. ProceduresΒ  a week .they spent. The start of the week preparingΒ  the seeds. Then they were ready by Friday.Β 

Two per week for the hole of ScotlandΒ  ., quite. Scary .

Please forgive my ignorance, what was the purpose of the injections that you had, was it to reduce the size of the prostate or was it cancerous? How are you now?

1 hour ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Please forgive my ignorance, what was the purpose of the injections that you had, was it to reduce the size of the prostate or was it cancerous? How are you now?

Hi Harry it was. For cancer. I am OK. This was nearly 10 years ago my PSA is amazing. 0.03 on average so the cancer is barelyΒ  traceable. This will explain. Better than I can . To get this treatmentΒ  they do loads of tests. To see if it will work for you.

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/treatment/radiotherapy/internal/radioactive-implant-treatment/what-is--brachytherapy

50 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Hi Harry it was. For cancer. I am OK. This was nearly 10 years ago my PSA is amazing. 0.03 on average so the cancer is barelyΒ  traceable. This will explain. Better than I can . To get this treatmentΒ  they do loads of tests. To see if it will work for you.

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/treatment/radiotherapy/internal/radioactive-implant-treatment/what-is--brachytherapy

Thanks for explaining πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

On 11/11/2023 at 17:45, Westward said:

2.65 @ 66 years πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ‘