Finally got a date for my FLO to visit

rayo

After 16 months of waiting for Northumbria firearms licensing I’ve finally received a date for my FLO to visit me regarding my shotgun renewal and to grant a section 1 firearms so anyone waiting for their visit it will eventually come round 

7 hours ago, rayo said:

After 16 months of waiting for Northumbria firearms licensing I’ve finally received a date for my FLO to visit me regarding my shotgun renewal and to grant a section 1 firearms so anyone waiting for their visit it will eventually come round 

Had mine in similar timing last week. FEO was very helpful and talked common sense. Just waiting for paper work now

14 hours ago, Gordon R said:

What you suggest is a recipe for disaster. In an ideal world, it would happen just like that, but be realistic.

Gordon, receiving a service or goods in a timely manner is realistic, paying for a service that can then  take a year or more isn’t professional at all. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/02/2023 at 21:29, Gordon R said:

And will this start tomorrow? I think not.

It ranks with "There must be another way" and "Think of the children".

Not tomorrow but sooner than you would like to admit, now the police have been blamed for their part in 5 people dead, they will all want away from anything to do with firearm licensing 

1 hour ago, maxwell said:

Not tomorrow but sooner than you would like to admit, now the police have been blamed for their part in 5 people dead, they will all want away from anything to do with firearm licensing 

No the police with the support of the local MP and home office will just look for more control, they are already suggesting all shotguns should be like section 1 firearms each one justified, they will look for any excuse to divert the blame away from the police and on to us for wanting to own guns.  Plus use it to justify a significant increase in fees.

Wouldn’t it be nice to have a local MP with balls enough to stand up and say the police fxxxxd up, rather than look for reasons to excuse them.

My certs are due renewal in March, sent in my paper work via the Essex police web site in December. had a letter start of Feb to say certs had been extended by 28 days. So wasn't hopeful of a visit. Had a phone call last week to arrange a visit for today, turned up thirty min early all guns checked and done and dusted inside twenty mins. Should have certs back in a week. FEO took my certs with him as said they needed to be scanned on to their system then destroyed never had them do this before.

22 hours ago, fse10 said:

My certs are due renewal in March, sent in my paper work via the Essex police web site in December. had a letter start of Feb to say certs had been extended by 28 days. So wasn't hopeful of a visit. Had a phone call last week to arrange a visit for today, turned up thirty min early all guns checked and done and dusted inside twenty mins. Should have certs back in a week. FEO took my certs with him as said they needed to be scanned on to their system then destroyed never had them do this before.

The FEO also took my old certificate away and told me the new one should not be long in arriving. That was 2 weeks ago luckily I’ve enough cartridges to last for awhile. I’ve never had them take the old one away before