6 Nations 2023.

walshie

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's one of the few things to look forward to following the end of the season.

The heart says Wales to edge Ireland with a renewed sense of vigor following the return of the king (of Welsh rugby), Scotland to edge England (33-30) to retain the Calcutta Cup and Italy to hold France to within a score for 60 minutes then fall to 30 point defeat in the last 20.

The head says Ireland to deliver a real beating to Wales, England to boringly grind out a win over the Scots and the French to runaway with the game from Italy with a 50 point + win. One of those games ruined with a red card.

Sadly I won't be watching as I hope to catch this evenings tide on the marsh and end what has been a miserable season with a bang.

Edited by Poor Shot

I think Finn is the crucial player, great on form but a freaking liability if he isn't. Hopefully it is the latter and Borthwicks choices are spot on.

39 minutes ago, wisdom said:

Tha atmosphere at Murrayfield remains a highlight

I had a season pass at Murrayfield for 4-5 years and unfortunately for Scotland it was one of their low points and I felt it was quite a miserable feeling, I much prefer win or lose at Kingston Park. 

3 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

There are a lot of familiar faces. It must be a concern for them that there is no one taking over from the previous generation. 

The under 20s will move through,  a new (old) coach probably wants to rely on the old guard, but it's going Irelands way in a big way.

What a tackle, boom.

3 hours ago, wisdom said:

Tha atmosphere at Murrayfield remains a highlight.

We had a great day/ night out, but Scotland were poor, I'd happily go back anytime and hope Scotland push England all the way.

Now it's getting feisty 😁😁

Scotland fully deserved that. What moron told England it would be a good idea to play a kicking game against a side that want to run from deep with the ball? In the closing stages England got to the 22, kicked and lost the ball. We regained on the return kick, worked to the 22, kicked and lost the ball. We regained on the return kick, worked to the 22 and...conceded the penalty. WHAT'S THE POINT!? It's like a Beckett play, such is the repetitive futility. 

Some wonderful rugby from Scotland and rightful winners. I just wish the change of coach for England had resulted in a change of thinking. No other side tries to win by incessant aggregate gains with kicking, so why are we so arrogant to think we're the only ones who can do it and win? 

11 minutes ago, millrace said:

If only farrel could play as well as he moans.....and smyth cut out the dancing and please dont get me started on a debutant who thinks painting his nails with flags is a priority.....

New coach....to many social media players...  

Yes might as well have had Boy George on the wing!

14 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

Well done Scotland great game 

Scotland had a great game! England self destructed.

4 minutes ago, millrace said:

If only farrel could play as well as he moans

I thought Farrell played well.

Didn't really rate our 9 or 10, we looked good running with the ball at the end of the first half, but how many times did they kick over and it went too long.

JG worked tirelessly but made too many mistakes at the throw ins.

England were asked questions in defence out wide and found out, I was screaming push over!!

Scotland looked dangerous right through the game, its dangerous to play with flair but they made it look good, a brilliant victory for them.

Scotland played well,tho sometimes big passes across the field may look great on tv,but when your actually going backwards better teams will expose you.....

I actually think this is going to a good comp this year,,,,with a few upsets......ive a feeling it wont be a grand slam year......but....as ive ire/eng tickets i so hope im wrong......lol