Air bottles

Rat Boy

11 minutes ago, Rat Boy said:

North Yorkshire, I took the bottle into Pickering air guns this morning. They said several week and £50 - £100 as they need to send the bottle to Liecester for recertifying. 

There's a test center in Sheffield and Liverpool,

If you can get into hull the dive ship on the marina or duncans down Willerby Road the get a load together and send of a batch to test, takes about 3-4 weeks.

As for the comment above, if you knowingly are filling a dive cylinder out if test as part of a business you are breaking the law. Quite frankly that guys a bloody idiot and could really hurt someone, he should be reported to HSE immediately before he kills or injures himself or others.

Just to add a thought about filling out of test dive bottles. 232 or more important 300 bar is a lot of pressure. How much is a car tyre, 5 bar ? A few year ago the air ambulance was called for a gas  canister explosion in Kidderminster in Worcestershire. Something to do with pressure testing the gas cannisters. As you know gas cannisters are low pressure compared to dive bottles. The person in question hadn't followed the correct safety procedure, one arm was ripped off & he was in a critical condition lucky to be alive. I'm scared filling my rifle !! I only use breathing quality air, low moisture content to minimise the chance of internal rust / corrosion. Accidents happen, allways er on the side of caution !!

9 minutes ago, THEINVISIBLESCARECROW said:

Just to add a thought about filling out of test dive bottles. 232 or more important 300 bar is a lot of pressure. How much is a car tyre, 5 bar ? A few year ago the air ambulance was called for a gas  canister explosion in Kidderminster in Worcestershire. Something to do with pressure testing the gas cannisters. As you know gas cannisters are low pressure compared to dive bottles. The person in question hadn't followed the correct safety procedure, one arm was ripped off & he was in a critical condition lucky to be alive. I'm scared filling my rifle !! I only use breathing quality air, low moisture content to minimise the chance of internal rust / corrosion. Accidents happen, allways er on the side of caution !!

Agreed

I'd rather pay 50 quid for a test than cause someone life changing injuries or death. You shouldn't be involved in anything to do with shooting if your not responsible enough to get a simple test done for saftey in my eyes.

The law is the law for a reason.

Edited by Jimbo yorks

Robin Hood watersports just off m62 between Leeds and Bradford but sounds like your the wrong end of North Yorkshire.

not heard a bad word about them - turn arround depends on how busy they are but they will give you an idea when you drop off !

Prices are on the site but they always warn you that may need to charge for a shot blast if the deem necessary when they have taken the valve out.

Agtiv8

Edited by Agriv8

• 2 weeks later...