Welsh Gov Consultation on Driven Game Shooting

Copied from the NGO Facebook page -

On Monday 27th March, the Welsh government are releasing a consultation on the release of game for driven game shooting. It is imperative that the Welsh government hear from everyone who has an interest in shooting. Their aim is to bring any changes into effect before the start of the 2024 season. 

This is, so far, a Welsh issue. But as we all know, once one of the devolved administrations begin to look at an issue, it is likely that the others will follow suit. 

With that in mind, the NGO would urge everybody who has an interest in shooting to voice their concerns and take part in this consultation. Everyone needs to get involved.

We will be offering advice early next week once we have seen and digested the consultation questions. This will be on our website and our social media pages.

Edited by PeterHenry

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, jall25 said:

Can you copy and past on The Stalking Directory too please ?

I lost my password for the Stalking Directory years ago - and I'm not in anyway associated with the NGO, but I'm sure somone else will be good enough to post it there.

Edited by PeterHenry

1 hour ago, Yellow Bear said:

I will give it a go next week even though the cynic in me that, being the Welsh assembly with its strong anti stance, I suspect this is a done deal and they are "going through the motions because they have to.

Edited 

I agree - the Welsh Labour government is known to be anti field sports.

However, if they are publicly going to ask for our views - we should all (as I acknowledge you are) give them to them. We should all (and I shoot in Wales) be on the record for this.

Edited by PeterHenry

1 hour ago, Yellow Bear said:

I will give it a go next week even though the cynic in me that, being the Welsh assembly with its strong anti stance, I suspect this is a done deal and they are "going through the motions because they have to.

Of course it is and will be in England when Labour get in. 

28 minutes ago, PeterHenry said:

I agree - the Welsh Labour government is known to be anti field sports.

However, if they are publicly going to ask for our views - we should all (as I acknowledge you are) give them to them. We should all (and I shoot in Wales) be on the record for this.

Exactly - we don't even know what they're consulting on yet.  Let's reserve judgement until we see the text of it on Monday (though I am struggling to see this as anything other than a glass-half-empty scenario).

It really is most important that everyone who shoots in Wales takes part in this consultation.

NRW is just a Welsh government agency driven by an extremely anti agenda.

BASC and Countryside alliance are also pushing for members to get involved when the consultation is made public.

42 minutes ago, Scully said:

There’s nothing quite like asking people to take part in a consultation to defend their shooting to kill off a thread is there! 😂

Where’s that tumbleweed emoji when it’s needed? 

To be honest - and I'm aware the consultation hasn't been released yet - the thread never seemed to get going in the first place....

God knows how many times you've said it, but words to the effect of 'our own worst enemy' come to mind....

Edited by PeterHenry

When the consultation is released I think it will be to reply on the website only A tick box. I took part in the general license consultation and I hand written my response and posted it. I read somewhere that it’s now changed to on line response. We will see what happens tomorrow, it will be on the government website.

1 hour ago, Gas seal said:

When the consultation is released I think it will be to reply on the website only A tick box. I took part in the general license consultation and I hand written my response and posted it. I read somewhere that it’s now changed to on line response. We will see what happens tomorrow, it will be on the government website.

👍

The consultation is now live. 

Act now - BASC

As a membership I think it could be a good idea to start a response repository where the more informed can place their responses for others to add upon where they see fit or alternatively use as a part of their own response to the consultation. While any response is a good response, it would be great if we could utterly overwhelm them with comprehensive, fact based responses. 

I'm happy to add my responses to these pages as a start but as I do not work in gamebird release, they are little more than emotion based ramblings with a touch of anti big-government thrown in. 

@Conor O'Gorman Will BASC be offering any kind of guidance on the responses to the consultation? 

1 hour ago, Poor Shot said:

The consultation is now live. 

Act now - BASC

As a membership I think it could be a good idea to start a response repository where the more informed can place their responses for others to add upon where they see fit or alternatively use as a part of their own response to the consultation. While any response is a good response, it would be great if we could utterly overwhelm them with comprehensive, fact based responses. 

I'm happy to add my responses to these pages as a start but as I do not work in gamebird release, they are little more than emotion based ramblings with a touch of anti big-government thrown in. 

@Conor O'Gorman Will BASC be offering any kind of guidance on the responses to the consultation? 

Quick Guide to the Survey (from https://basc.org.uk/actnow/)

Question 1: Give your name. Question 2: Give your email address (optional). Question 3: Ignore. Question 4: Say no, because that is a ban on gamebird releasing. Questions 5-8 Say no, because these are leading questions. 

1 hour ago, Conor O'Gorman said:

Quick Guide to the Survey (from https://basc.org.uk/actnow/)

Question 1: Give your name. Question 2: Give your email address (optional). Question 3: Ignore. Question 4: Say no, because that is a ban on gamebird releasing. Questions 5-8 Say no, because these are leading questions. 

So just answer no? You don’t want an explanation after the no?