Cambridgeshire Shootings

Genghis

20 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Rumour has it that the victims were Father and Son!

Ch Supt John Hutchinson told the BBC that the victims were father and son.

"Once we had identified that family relationship, it became quite apparent why this attack may have happened and this is clearly a targeted and isolated attack," he said.

The incident appeared to be related to a "familial issue" and he confirmed a "custody battle" was "an active line of inquiry".

Not saying it's the case here, but usually only one type of family that use shotguns to settle disputes.

3 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

Ch Supt John Hutchinson told the BBC that the victims were father and son.

"Once we had identified that family relationship, it became quite apparent why this attack may have happened and this is clearly a targeted and isolated attack," he said.

The incident appeared to be related to a "familial issue" and he confirmed a "custody battle" was "an active line of inquiry".

Not saying it's the case here, but usually only one type of family that use shotguns to settle disputes.

That’s one possibility. Another is that the woman arrested hired hitmen to do the job.

26 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, how did the homeless man who was arrested get a shotgun ??

“Stephen Alderton, 66 as been charged with two counts of murder and one count of possession of a firearm”.

I presume that being charged with possession of a firearm means he was not a licence holder?.

It would depend on what act and section he was charged under, I think that it would be unlikely he was charged with possession of a firearm without a certificate and more likely possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, so he could be a certificate holder. But I have been retired for a long time and things change.

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, how did the homeless man who was arrested get a shotgun ??

Local (I live in the West Mercia area where the arrest was made) news said he was 'of no fixed abode' rather than homeless.  That tends to be used for those who dwell in caravans and hence the 'no fixed' part.  One can speculate as to the whole meaning.

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

Local (I live in the West Mercia area where the arrest was made) news said he was 'of no fixed abode' rather than homeless.  That tends to be used for those who dwell in caravans and hence the 'no fixed' part.  One can speculate as to the whole meaning.

Ah , ok of no fixed abode 🤔 , a caravan traveller 🤔