Interesting weekend…maybe?

Scully

Fourty different climate activist groups gathering in London this weekend. 
I’m assuming they all walked there? 
Wasn’t it 2009 when Prince Charles stated we had 96 months to save the World’? 
In a few weeks time, VIP, dignitaries, politicians etc etc etc will be flying from all over that same World to attend his coronation. Mmmmm. 🤔

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

You're not suggesting "DOUBLE" standards are you?    :w00t:

Maybe just a tad hypocritical perhaps? What these activists seem to conveniently overlook is that everything they enjoy today is a result of that industry they now condemn.
He does like a good knees up does our Charlie boy. 

Edited by Scully

18 minutes ago, Scully said:

In a few weeks time, VIP, dignitaries, politicians etc etc etc will be flying from all over that same World to attend his coronation. Mmmmm. 🤔

save the world.jpg

The greatest Salesmen of all time

Jesus (Christianity) - plus other religions

Al Gore (Climate Change)

I am for Changing Climate - as it has been for millions of years - we just have to deal with it. I can't get over the Narcissism that must be present for people to believe they can save the world.... 

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

Thats more like it. 

10 hours ago, Scully said:

Of course they did, and they live in a cave, eat grass and drink rainwater

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

about time they got some time , they should make it a standard penalty for these protestors that think they can disrupt peoples lives without giving a thought to the trouble they cause !

2 hours ago, islandgun said:

Thats more like it. 

Of course they did, and they live in a cave, eat grass and drink rainwater

The ironic thing about that comment is that there are some people in the world living just like that; maybe not in caves, but it’s certainly ‘off grid’ and none of them are living but merely existing, and they don’t like it; they want what we have. 
It amuses me when folk say they are living ‘off grid’, when in fact the reality is that they have so much money they can afford to build a house so well insulated ( such as passiv or even Tradis ) with photo-voltaic panels, heat exchangers etc etc, that their dependence on utilities is a fraction of what is usual. They aren’t interested in saving the planet, but very interested in saving money. There is a little colony in Findhorn whom sit around campfires on balmy summer nights singing happy-clappy songs while congratulating themselves for saving the world…..but I ( and a few others ) know. 🤫
Some of the biggest hypocrites I’ve met are the so called ‘greens’. 

Edited by Scully
Spelling

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

The ironic thing about that comment is that there are some people in the world living just like that; maybe not in caves, but it’s certainly ‘off grid’ and none of them are living but merely existing, and they don’t like it; they want what we have. 
It amuses me when folk say they are living ‘off grid’, when in fact the reality is that they have so much money they can afford to build a house so well insulated ( such as passiv or even Tradis ) with photo-voltaic panels, heat exchangers etc etc, that their dependence on utilities is a fraction of what is usual. They aren’t interested in saving the planet, but very interested in saving money. There is a little colony in Findhorn whom sit around campfires on balmy summer nights singing happy-clappy songs while congratulating themselves for saving the world…..but I ( and a few others ) know. 🤫

they are proberly riddled with V.D...............and putting lots of unessasary pressure on the NHS..:mad:

35 minutes ago, Scully said:

Not just hypocrites but fools as well, we are living in a time of great uncertainty, energy costs are soaring we should be expanding all forms of energy not closing them down. If many get their way we wont have heat or food. There are ructions here at the moment to do with https://www.gov.scot/publications/scottish-highly-protected-marine-areas-consultation-paper/ proposals that require large areas of our seas  to be closed to all fishing [even illegal to anchor a boat] this will devastate communities throughout the highlands and islands, this is result of the snp signing up the greens to keep them in power

15 hours ago, islandgun said:

Not just hypocrites but fools as well, we are living in a time of great uncertainty, energy costs are soaring we should be expanding all forms of energy not closing them down. If many get their way we wont have heat or food. There are ructions here at the moment to do with https://www.gov.scot/publications/scottish-highly-protected-marine-areas-consultation-paper/ proposals that require large areas of our seas  to be closed to all fishing [even illegal to anchor a boat] this will devastate communities throughout the highlands and islands, this is result of the snp signing up the greens to keep them in power

How very relevant! Was just taking to someone in the pub last night who’d been to Mull just recently, and was telling me how some female vicar/rector or similar was taking the authorities to task over their attempts to stop local fishermen from fishing. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

How very relevant! Was just taking to someone in the pub last night who’d been to Mull just recently, and was telling me how some female vicar/rector or similar was taking the authorities to task over their attempts to stop local fishermen from fishing. 

All of the Hebrides is involved, the areas put forward will cover most of them. many local inshore boats that have been fishing these waters sustainably for generations will be finished, along with their young families. If these measures are put in place it will be illegal to keep a seashell or catch a mackerel for your tea on a handline. modern day clearances but this time its not sheep but an idea thought up by conservationist in Edinburgh

2 minutes ago, islandgun said:

All of the Hebrides is involved, the areas put forward will cover most of them. many local inshore boats that have been fishing these waters sustainably for generations will be finished, along with their young families. If these measures are put in place it will be illegal to keep a seashell or catch a mackerel for your tea on a handline. modern day clearances but this time its not sheep but an idea thought up by conservationist in Edinburgh

Crazy! Who will police it? 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

So local economy is wiped out? Where’s the logic in that? 

None, ....wheres the logic in most things now days. most of the fishing is done by young men with families, half my business is reliant on seafood. there will be trouble if they try and implement these plans.🙄