Coronation.

oowee

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Just spoken to my eldest Son who is finally home in Carlisle.

He is KNACKERED but very happy.

A truly magnificent performance from all our military. We can certainly let the world know how to put on a show  of pageantry.

Well done to your son TC. A very proud moment for both you and your son and an unforgettable part of our history.

OB

just watching bits of the kness up at the castle..................they are all the same these bashes....they wheel out all thehas-beens.....Lionel Richie was magnificent in his time...such a beautiful melodious voice....back way back when..........

but now he sounds like an old cockrel being strangled for sunday lunch......it is so embarassing....i could name other singers of his ilk like elton john.......................why cant they just say NO and leave it at that...they have had their time and we loved them for it..

time to move on and move over

13 minutes ago, ditchman said:

just watching bits of the kness up at the castle..................they are all the same these bashes....they wheel out all thehas-beens.....Lionel Richie was magnificent in his time...such a beautiful melodious voice....back way back when..........

but now he sounds like an old cockrel being strangled for sunday lunch......it is so embarassing....i could name other singers of his ilk like elton john.......................why cant they just say NO and leave it at that...they have had their time and we loved them for it..

Sorry, but I can’t take my eyes off Katie perrys fun bags……I’d happily be there…

19 hours ago, old'un said:

Was there any 20-30 year olds taking part in this bun throwing Party? what a waste of food considering the cost of everything. :)

Hello, it was mostly families with younger children but I did see quite a few in that age range when I passed the crowds of many 1000s , pigeon will eat all the left overs,🤔😁

2 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, it was mostly families with younger children but I did see quite a few in that age range when I passed the crowds of many 1000s , pigeon will eat all the left overs,🤔😁

Yes I am sure some of my council tax went to pay for the buns🤔

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

22 hours ago, ditchman said:

A lot of big name artists that were approached to appear turned it down i was told. So yet again we saw the desperate ones that needed the publicity

Katie Perry was good but she's American

Edited by Vince Green

14 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

A lot of big name artists that were approached to appear turned it down i was told. So yet again we saw the desperate ones that needed the publicity

My OH read this also, but apparently much of it is untrue.
It was reported that Ed Sheeran for example, had turned it down, but in reality he has said he was never asked. He also said that he was never asked because possibly the organisers found out he would be appearing in Dallas, Texas at the time of the Coronation. 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, simcgunner said:

Quite a show did it really cost the tax payers 100 million?

Apparently yes, around that (for the whole Coronation), but expected to bring in around £1 Bn.  If correct, a decent investment.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/explained/how-much-king-charles-iii-coronation-cost-who-pays-for-it/

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

Apparently yes, around that (for the whole Coronation), but expected to bring in around £1 Bn.  If correct, a decent investment.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/explained/how-much-king-charles-iii-coronation-cost-who-pays-for-it/

Well. It was heaving in the City and if everyone was paying the sort of monies we did for things like hotdogs at £8 a pop, then I’m sure the traders of the City of London will be very pleased. 

On 06/05/2023 at 17:09, manthing said:

Erm, thats not allowed as far as I know, I could be wrong.

Speak to citizens advice or your lawyer.

For me, if you normally work on  Monday and they decide not to allow you to work by closing they should give you the paid day, not take it from your entitlement so you're missing a day of your days of.

Something smelly going on there.

On 06/05/2023 at 19:22, Genghis said:

The coronation was an additional bank holiday, you should have gotten an extra day in your annual allowance to cover this. They’re breaking the law if they’ve not done this.

well guys. I finally got to check this out…. 

102AF6CC-7741-4BA3-A447-0D769B183DD8.png.41f5b9756125937e0a0d9de5ac1af678.png

the next one is the breach of contract I need to look into. 

What you need to bare in mind is your absolute minimum holiday entitlement is 28 days that can include bank holidays or exclude them so you get 28 holiday including bank holidays or 28 days + bank holidays (as a minImum) most companies include bh’s as it works out better for them. What companies can’t do is turn one of the 20 remaining days into an extra bank holiday! Because we have 9 bh’s this year that means your minimum entitlement is 29 days holiday. Obviously feel free to check that with someone that is qualified in legal matters.

I certainly wouldn’t rely on the screenshot that you’ve included as that relates to a standard year of 8 bank holidays and nothing else.  Even if your contract states bank holidays are not recognised and are normal working days you still get 28 days leave as a minimum.