Africa

oowee

26 minutes ago, Scully said:

Yeah, one or two there. 🙂

Does the meat get used? 

I have seen them clip the birds (whole) onto barbed wire fences until they dry out. Then they eat them 🤢

If I get some wifi I will post some pictures. 

32 minutes ago, Scully said:

Yeah, one or two there. 🙂

Does the meat get used? 

I would imagine there is far more appreciation of wild game and fowl,including pigeons, in Africa than in UK.

Unless food is prepackaged in Tesco, people in this country don't even know or care, if it is animal, vegetable or mineral!

57 minutes ago, oowee said:

I am out there Monday night for a few days. Looks like a bumper year on the pigeons. This just came through to warm up my appetite. 

IMG-20230505-WA0001.jpg

Have a good trip, looking forward to report. Regards 

4 hours ago, oowee said:

Arrived yesterday no sleep on plane. Straight out on pigeons. 3 shot berretta kept having light strikes. Swapped for 7 shot and bagged 39 to start the count. Pigeons today then ducks later apparently. 

I have been looking at similar with a friend. Who have you booked with? We have been looking at Four Season Shooting.

Mixed bag today. Driven guineas. Pigeon then ducks and geese. Up early for geese at sunrise.

Every day power is off (load shedding) 1800 till 2200 and 0100 till 0300. Apparently corruption in generation is to blame. Place is falling apart. 

Edited by oowee

32 minutes ago, oowee said:

Mixed bag today. Driven guineas. Pigeon then ducks and geese. Up early for geese at sunrise.

Every day power is off (load shedding) 1800 till 2200 and 0100 till 0300. Apparently corruption in generation is to blame. Place is falling apart. 

That's what puts me off but pleased you are having a great time. Obviously the evenings beverage is having an effect by the angle of your phots:beer:

5 hours ago, Wilts#Dave said:

I’m guessing that photo you were sent was at the beginning of the season? 
I’d quite like to give that sort of thing a go at least once…..is it an expensive trip? Is it a no frills accommodation etc type affair with lots of shooting? 

250 a day including guns and transfers plus shells. I shot 134 pigeons today at a ratio of 3 to 1. I finished shooting super high birds awesome. 

• 3 months later...