Rwanda

12gauge82

So the court of appeal has just ruled deporting illegal immigrants to Rwanda is illegal. Under the current law the UK has no right to decide who comes here, which is madness.

Meanwhile cases like this go on and are completely under reported by the mainstream media. https://talk.tv/news/22366/asylum-seeker-charged-with-raping-a-woman-40-days-after-arriving-in-on-a-small-boat

Surely it's time to change the law, 6 years since the country voted to take back control during the Brexit referendum and still it appears nobody wants to listen to what the public wants. 

The only way forwards I can see is getting rid of the tories and getting a party like reform in.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

So the court of appeal has just ruled deporting illegal immigrants to Rwanda is illegal. Under the current law the UK has no right to decide who comes here, which is madness.

Meanwhile cases like this go on and are completely under reported by the mainstream media. https://talk.tv/news/22366/asylum-seeker-charged-with-raping-a-woman-40-days-after-arriving-in-on-a-small-boat

Surely it's time to change the law, 6 years since the country voted to take back control during the Brexit referendum and still it appears nobody wants to listen to what the public wants. 

The only way forwards I can see is getting rid of the tories and getting a party like reform in.

I'm beginning to think it's all part of a greater plan, well, I've thought that for a while.

31 minutes ago, Pushandpull said:

Was the Rwanda policy ever meant to actually work, or was it intended to engender ongoing outrage ? I don't know.

I believe the tories knew it would never be implemented under our current laws. It's not an effective policy anyway.

The only way we can protect our borders from illegal immigrants not to mention the immigrants, both from themselves and the smugglers, is to forcibly tow them directly back to France and the problem would stop over night. The reason the government doest is due to the howls of racism ect on the international stage, particularly from the countrys that allow these migrants to pass un registered through their own countrys, it shows they couldn't care less about the migrants, as proven by them allowing it to continue despite the many lives lost at sea already.

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

I believe the tories knew it would never be implemented under our current laws. It's not an effective policy anyway.

The only way we can protect our borders from illegal immigrants not to mention the immigrants, both from themselves and the smugglers, is to forcibly tow them directly back to France and the problem would stop over night. The reason the government doest is due to the howls of racism ect on the international stage, particularly from the countrys that allow these migrants to pass un registered through their own countrys, it shows they couldn't care less about the migrants, as proven by them allowing it to continue despite the many lives lost at sea already.

The way to stop it overnight is cut any benefits - no hotels , no food, no money, no security , no health care and watch them stop coming and leave just like Norway did .

Read this week that we need the cruise liners back in force to create huge bow waves in the channel to make them think twice about coming.

Im all for multiculturalism and it works but not for illegal economic migrants and obviousl displacement of white English.

35 minutes ago, Fargo said:

The way to stop it overnight is cut any benefits - no hotels , no food, no money, no security , no health care and watch them stop coming and leave just like Norway did .

Read this week that we need the cruise liners back in force to create huge bow waves in the channel to make them think twice about coming.

Im all for multiculturalism and it works but not for illegal economic migrants and obviousl displacement of white English.

Agree on cutting the benefits as well, but the simplest answer is tow or ferry them straight back. They simply wouldn't try it if they knew they would pay thousands to smugglers to get here, only to be immediately returned where they came from.

🤣🤣🤣 what did you expect? Many have said this from the start. WE NEED an immigration policy. The Tories know it just like the other parties but there are too many racists blocking a grown up conversation. Exactly the same with Brexit. We vote only in black and white sound bites. 

3 hours ago, Penelope said:

Indeed.

Yes. Smoke and mirrors whilst Sunak and Badenoch work out how to now nationalise the loss following Thames Water had the gravy and privatised the profit for the last few decades. The Government should let it go under and buy it for the obligatory £1 (as in ONE Pound) and the shareholders go hang. And the lenders to it ditto. That's true free market economics not taxpayer funded "Get out of jail free" passes every time the baubles become tarnished.

35 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Agree on cutting the benefits as well, but the simplest answer is tow or ferry them straight back. They simply wouldn't try it if they knew they would pay thousands to smugglers to get here, only to be immediately returned where they came from.

:good:That will never happen of course!

Was it on here a clip from a protest march about leaving the immigrants alone and allowing them to settle here ?. a guy with a clip board approached them and asked could he have there name and address how many immigrants could they house ?. The answers where so funny everybody on the protest march said no my house is too small , No i don't have the room , No i live in a small council house Take it they dont practice what they preach ?.lol 

47 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

:good:That will never happen of course!

No of course not, at least not the current shower of a government 👍

15 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

Was it on here a clip from a protest march about leaving the immigrants alone and allowing them to settle here ?. a guy with a clip board approached them and asked could he have there name and address how many immigrants could they house ?. The answers where so funny everybody on the protest march said no my house is too small , No i don't have the room , No i live in a small council house Take it they dont practice what they preach ?.lol 

Yes I've seen that, they want anyone and everyone let in, as long as they don't have to house or pay for them.

I saw a projection recently and they reckon the cost to the tax payer will reach something like 11 billion pounds a year. It's madness.

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2023-06-27/debates/ABE8419C-FAF8-4D97-A09F-DC765DAD72CF/IllegalMigrationBillEconomicImpactAssessment#:~:text=The figure of £11,they would pay those costs.

3 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

No of course not, at least not the current shower of a government 👍

Yes I've seen that, they want anyone and everyone let in, as long as they don't have to house or pay for them.

I saw a projection recently and they reckon the cost to the tax payer will reach something like 11 billion pounds a year. It's madness.

It was funny though every one of them came up with a excuse no to have one  double standards 

I have no easy solution to this. However, the "double standards" argument doesn't really hold water. To take a parallel problem  - say I believe we are short of housing and especially of social housing. Does this mean I should set about building council houses in my back garden ? Of course not, it means that I ask my elected representatives to get it done.

It's like the facile argument that if you don't like something you should move abroad. In fact the solution is to campaign for change by democratic means. 

"Them's the breaks" as someone said quite recently.

7 minutes ago, Pushandpull said:

I have no easy solution to this. However, the "double standards" argument doesn't really hold water. To take a parallel problem  - say I believe we are short of housing and especially of social housing. Does this mean I should set about building council houses in my back garden ? Of course not, it means that I ask my elected representatives to get it done.

It's like the facile argument that if you don't like something you should move abroad. In fact the solution is to campaign for change by democratic means. 

"Them's the breaks" as someone said quite recently.

The solution is simple, the problem is no main stream government has the guts to do it.

Your analogys are not comparable, they are uk issues. Economic migrants are not. A more suitable analogy would be setting up a charity for a something you believe in but forcing people who don't share your view to pay for it.

Edited by 12gauge82

Much as I respect oowee's plea for a policy, I wonder if it would ever work. If we had, for example, a points system, do you think anyone who wanted to come here would abide by a refusal. We aren't letting brain surgeons in, we are importing many, many criminals. They are criminals on entry, many with existing criminal records abroad. 

The prison population bears testimony to just how law abiding some of these are. The recent case of a woman being raped in Skegness, by someone who arrived in a dinghy, 43 days earlier, should ring alarm bells, but doesn't appear to register.

The Civil Service is supposed to be non-political, but seems to relish frustrating Government policy. It is against the Civil Service Code of Conduct and there should be a few sackings to reinforce the point.

@Pushandpull The thing is that those protesting are saying that their accomodation is poor (in terms of hosting people at the least) however, the more we let in, the more that this will be a problem for them protesting (and everyone else) as they will be forced out of accommodation - or have their choice of accommodation severely curtailed. There are only so many hotels, holiday camps, military bases - what will be next - we already know Serco are now going after renting houses/apartments... The Benoluxes have already brought out a thing where they can, in an "Emergency" force people to accept people into their homes.... That will be bad..

So what these "protestors" are is the perfect analogy of "turkeys voting for Christmas"

19 hours ago, Penelope said:

I'm beginning to think it's all part of a greater plan, well, I've thought that for a while.

You are possibly, most likely, certainly correct?

There must be destruction from within?

Edited by old man