Digital money

12gauge82

I can't find it now, but there was a thread on here the other day mentioning digital currency and the control it would give the government/banks/elites if cash was eliminated and the possibility of getting your spending rights cancelled if you do something that is disagreeable to the powers that be.

I thought it sounded worrying but reasoned it would be unlikely as surely there'd be rules the banks would have to follow, they can't just cancel someone surely?

Well apparently they can, Nigel Farage has just had his bank accounts cancelled and can not get a bank account anywhere, he's enquired why and all hes being told is it's a buisness decision.

All very orwellian and worrying for the future.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

I can't find it now, but there was a thread on here the other day mentioning digital currency and the control it would give the government/banks/elites if cash was eliminated and the possibility of getting your spending rights cancelled if you do something that is disagreeable to the powers that be.

I thought it sounded worrying but reasoned it would be unlikely as surely there'd be rules the banks would have to follow, they can't just cancel someone surely?

Well apparently they can, Nigel Farage has just had his bank accounts cancelled and can not get a bank account anywhere, he's enquired why and all hes being told is it's a buisness decision.

You only have to look at what Trudeau's government in Canada, did to the truckers and their supporters, to know that was the case. Collusion at the highest levels.

The most worrying aspect is that it's not a personal spat, but politically motivated and after some research this type of thing seems to be one sided, the question is who's pulling the strings.

The danger of faceless people able to cancel anyone at will simply because they disagree with there idoligy is straight out of a work of fiction, yet here we are.

No bank account in a digital currency country equals, no job, no benefits, no house, no food, no existence.

Farage gave a speech on his slot last night, apparently it hasn't just been aimed at him, but at his family as well. Anne Widecombe has also put out that this cannot be done in a society without at least going through a court (although some court processes - especially involving council actions - are not as transparent as you would like)

Now think - what do you need to be "happy"

Somewhere to live, food, water, money, family/friends, freedom

1. Somewhere to live - this is slowly being affected. Land Lords have to have properties that come to EPC C levels. This will be coming to private properties soon...and you can bet that the level will be adjusted up and will cost a lot of money to get to that level and will tax/fine you until you do and you won't be allowed to sell until you do. Apparently in Holland there have been laws passed that they can have the say on who you can sell your house to (along with annual taxes that are expensive for private owners)
  2. Food - Devon and Cornwall (and Wales) are looking to remove farming and to re-wild and indeed, remove public access to these re-wilded areas. Indeed, the UK government is supporting this (https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-commits-to-support-farmers-who-wish-to-leave-the-industry). In Holland the government are offering 120% of value to farmers to buy their farms. Never mind that Farmers have to proof they are doing Net Zero before they can get access to subsidies.. Germany is looking to introduce heavy taxation on meat to put people off eating it - no appetite for meat - no animals needed in farming.
  3. Water - Stuff is going on in the water industry now - watch out for massive bills just to have water to drink nevermind wash etc...
  4. Money - CBDC, Digital Pound, Money Laundering (yeh right!!) that stops you withdrawing any notable amount of cash unless the bank is happy with it. The banks will be reporting these withdrawals to somewhere... Things that can be done with a digital currency - it may only be valid for a certain time before expiring, you will be linked to a Carbon Credit scheme (read tax) which will automatically effect how you allowed to spend what little hasn't already been taken to offset your damage to the environment just by existing. UBI will be coming fast - and you will only be allowed to access it through a digital wallet as it will be CBDC - you know - for your convenience.
  5. Family/Friends - just look at what is going on in society. In Wales, you have lost your parental rights to decide how your kids are educated (from the age of 3 - https://news.sky.com/story/sex-education-campaigners-lose-bid-to-appeal-high-court-ruling-in-battle-against-welsh-government-policy-12898659), families are being set against each other due to divisive education. In Scotland you can get done for hate speech within your own home if someone doesn't like what you say on a subject. Then we get onto the division that things like Net Zero are causing
  6. Freedom - with things like LTN's, LEZ, ULEZ, Road User Charging they are curtailing peoples freedom to travel. A lot of areas haven't got decent public transport infrastructure so a coercion for moving into high density urban environments will be brought in (see somewhere to live above) which will make @oowee happy (I had to get that in Grant :) ), and then your freedom will be lost as you will not be allowed to move between zones without having applied in advance, given good reason, and have the money to do so (don't forget you won't be allowed to save as your money will expire after a month)

Right - rant over..... In fact, it isn't a rant - it is a warning

8 minutes ago, discobob said:

Farage gave a speech on his slot last night, apparently it hasn't just been aimed at him, but at his family as well. Anne Widecombe has also put out that this cannot be done in a society without at least going through a court (although some court processes - especially involving council actions - are not as transparent as you would like)

Now think - what do you need to be "happy"

Somewhere to live, food, water, money, family/friends, freedom

1. Somewhere to live - this is slowly being affected. Land Lords have to have properties that come to EPC C levels. This will be coming to private properties soon...and you can bet that the level will be adjusted up and will cost a lot of money to get to that level and will tax/fine you until you do and you won't be allowed to sell until you do. Apparently in Holland there have been laws passed that they can have the say on who you can sell your house to (along with annual taxes that are expensive for private owners)
  2. Food - Devon and Cornwall (and Wales) are looking to remove farming and to re-wild and indeed, remove public access to these re-wilded areas. Indeed, the UK government is supporting this (https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-commits-to-support-farmers-who-wish-to-leave-the-industry). In Holland the government are offering 120% of value to farmers to buy their farms. Never mind that Farmers have to proof they are doing Net Zero before they can get access to subsidies.. Germany is looking to introduce heavy taxation on meat to put people off eating it - no appetite for meat - no animals needed in farming.
  3. Water - Stuff is going on in the water industry now - watch out for massive bills just to have water to drink nevermind wash etc...
  4. Money - CBDC, Digital Pound, Money Laundering (yeh right!!) that stops you withdrawing any notable amount of cash unless the bank is happy with it. The banks will be reporting these withdrawals to somewhere... Things that can be done with a digital currency - it may only be valid for a certain time before expiring, you will be linked to a Carbon Credit scheme (read tax) which will automatically effect how you allowed to spend what little hasn't already been taken to offset your damage to the environment just by existing. UBI will be coming fast - and you will only be allowed to access it through a digital wallet as it will be CBDC - you know - for your convenience.
  5. Family/Friends - just look at what is going on in society. In Wales, you have lost your parental rights to decide how your kids are educated (from the age of 3 - https://news.sky.com/story/sex-education-campaigners-lose-bid-to-appeal-high-court-ruling-in-battle-against-welsh-government-policy-12898659), families are being set against each other due to divisive education. In Scotland you can get done for hate speech within your own home if someone doesn't like what you say on a subject. Then we get onto the division that things like Net Zero are causing
  6. Freedom - with things like LTN's, LEZ, ULEZ, Road User Charging they are curtailing peoples freedom to travel. A lot of areas haven't got decent public transport infrastructure so a coercion for moving into high density urban environments will be brought in (see somewhere to live above) which will make @oowee happy (I had to get that in Grant  ), and then your freedom will be lost as you will not be allowed to move between zones without having applied in advance, given good reason, and have the money to do so (don't forget you won't be allowed to save as your money will expire after a month)

Right - rant over..... In fact, it isn't a rant - it is a warning

100% and you got see how stupid people where over covid compliance .

We are heading towards a very bad future unless certain people are stopped. For sure within 20 years food will be nearly all plant based and regulated by powers to be. Like you say same as water also, if they decide or tax that so much we are in trouble but I think if life becomes so bad by then I’d hope be some sort of uprising and people responsible torn apart.

Anyone who isn’t to blinkered can realise Trump loosing, covid, climate, USA ukraine vs Russia etc is all one big plan

Edited by Fargo

My boss was in China a few weeks ago .in the cities there is no cash  used at all anywhere if you don't have the correct app on your government controlled phone you can't travel. Eat .drink  get accommodation  or anything .you don't even have keys to get in your own house it's facial recognition   entry only  .our future is already happening in China and nobody is happy about it .

Also, perhaps have a look at Open Banking - have you seen the advert for Experian - how you can bump your credit score by 100? This is by granting them access to your bank account..... it makes it all easy for you - but I feel that it is a precursor to CBDC especially when you see this (taken from the open banking website)

image.png.0e4b612c5072e57620fa2ecc7f62cdad.png

20 minutes ago, discobob said:

So they can also track on who you are interacting with - a way to get a camera on every door....

Anyone noticed an increase in camera's around their area??

Did anyone say 'Ring'?

A chap was shut out of his home in the states by Amazon recently, for an alleged racist comment via his Ring door camera.

Edited by Penelope

19 minutes ago, Penelope said:

A chap was shut out of his home in the states by Amazon recently

Actually it was he had his account blocked on Amazon - and all his home automation was run through ALEXA - No account - No ALEXA - No automation

It was covered by Louis Rossman on his channel on YT - and Amazon then went and closed Rossman's affiliate account down because he had done a video on it......

3 minutes ago, discobob said:

Actually it was he had his account blocked on Amazon - and all his home automation was run through ALEXA - No account - No ALEXA - No automation

It was covered by Louis Rossman on his channel on YT - and Amazon then went and closed Rossman's affiliate account down because he had done a video on it......

Didn't know the last point. I have seen an interview with the chap in question.

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

The most worrying aspect is that it's not a personal spat, but politically motivated and after some research this type of thing seems to be one sided, the question is who's pulling the strings.

The danger of faceless people able to cancel anyone at will simply because they disagree with there idoligy is straight out of a work of fiction, yet here we are.

No bank account in a digital currency country equals, no job, no benefits, no house, no food, no existence.

The World Economic Forum (W.E.F)  the world central bank, the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) naming the most relevant.

Re CBDC below is a link I posted in 2022 that links to the proposed CBDC. You can now read the updated proposal by the Goverment.

CBDC was THE NUMBER ONE topic at Davos this year and well over 120 countries have now signed up for exploring the implementaion of a cbdc and something akin greater than 60% want to have a active 'BURN MECHANISM' within the ledger so that this has an expiry on a certain amount of money in the account at a certain date. A way to stimulate the economy??, make people poorer??, spreads wealth tier down??

Have a hundred digital pounds and if you do not spend £5 of your account in the next 6 months that £5 will evaporate from your account. Though the prior was an example of a UK burn mechanism, it is not currently touted in the british cbdc proposal, however many countries who are developing a cbdc say they will activate it to stimulate the economy.

Take note in the proposed UK Gov cbdc it states the following in the the FAQ:

Would I have a digital pound account at the bank of England?

'Not in a traditional sense. So you would not be able to open an account with the Bank of England. The way that you would access digital pounds would be through a digital wallet that would be provided by a private company. The reason that we're doing it this way is because we think that private companies are much better placed at providing innovative products and services to the public.'

Would the digital pounds be monitored for what I use my money for?

'If you used digital pounds, the Bank of England and the government would not collect any of your personal data and wouldn't be able to see how you spent your money. You would access the digital pound through a virtual wallet and you would have to share some personal data with your wallet provider. This is because you would have a commercial relationship with your provider and they would require some form of ID in order to prevent financial crime or fraud. Your privacy would still be protected by data privacy regulations and your personal data would not be shared with the Bank or the government.'

It does not say your wallet provider (the innovator) will not be able to collect your personal data and how you spend your digital asset.

Would the bank of England restrict what I use my money for?

'Neither the Bank of England nor the government would be able to programme your digital pounds or restrict how you spend your money. However, you would have the ability to programme your own payments, if you wanted to. 

Today, this would allow you to make automated payments such as paying your rent or mortgage on a set day. But in the future, this feature could also lead to exciting innovations in payments.'

It does not say the innovator would not be able to programme how you spend your digital pound or restrict this in the future Be sure that all end to end transparency is inbuilt into the ledger and can be implemented under future FATF regulation, ESG regulation by way of the WEF and world central bank.

@discobob

Always enjoy your posts Bob. 👍

27 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Thanks - I enjoy yours as well - it is nice to be appreciated buddy 😀👍

Now - ESG's that is another matter I might cover but will leave this "Corporate Communism" - it doesn't matter if you (the company) are making money - you have to be on board with all the narratives to get access to finance....

I wonder if Thames Water failed their ESG criteria.....

Edited by discobob

@discobob🤣 You cant hold back progress. Even the chap that walked in front of the first cars with a red flag recognised his days were numbered.

From what I can see Farage would be happy with any bank account at the moment 🤣 Lets hope the process kicks him out of the UK. 

4 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Not at all, it 's the future, total compliance from the sheeple required?

Sonce when were the banks any more trustworthy than  the politicos we have the misfortune to have?

1 hour ago, 7daysinaweek said:

The World Economic Forum (W.E.F)  the world central bank, the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) naming the most relevant.

Re CBDC below is a link I posted in 2022 that links to the proposed CBDC. You can now read the updated proposal by the Goverment.

CBDC was THE NUMBER ONE topic at Davos this year and well over 120 countries have now signed up for exploring the implementaion of a cbdc and something akin greater than 60% want to have a active 'BURN MECHANISM' within the ledger so that this has an expiry on a certain amount of money in the account at a certain date. A way to stimulate the economy??, make people poorer??, spreads wealth tier down??

Have a hundred digital pounds and if you do not spend £5 of your account in the next 6 months that £5 will evaporate from your account. Though the prior was an example of a UK burn mechanism, it is not currently touted in the british cbdc proposal, however many countries who are developing a cbdc say they will activate it to stimulate the economy.

Take note in the proposed UK Gov cbdc it states the following in the the FAQ:

Would I have a digital pound account at the bank of England?

'Not in a traditional sense. So you would not be able to open an account with the Bank of England. The way that you would access digital pounds would be through a digital wallet that would be provided by a private company. The reason that we're doing it this way is because we think that private companies are much better placed at providing innovative products and services to the public.'

Would the digital pounds be monitored for what I use my money for?

'If you used digital pounds, the Bank of England and the government would not collect any of your personal data and wouldn't be able to see how you spent your money. You would access the digital pound through a virtual wallet and you would have to share some personal data with your wallet provider. This is because you would have a commercial relationship with your provider and they would require some form of ID in order to prevent financial crime or fraud. Your privacy would still be protected by data privacy regulations and your personal data would not be shared with the Bank or the government.'

It does not say your wallet provider (the innovator) will not be able to collect your personal data and how you spend your digital asset.

Would the bank of England restrict what I use my money for?

'Neither the Bank of England nor the government would be able to programme your digital pounds or restrict how you spend your money. However, you would have the ability to programme your own payments, if you wanted to. 

Today, this would allow you to make automated payments such as paying your rent or mortgage on a set day. But in the future, this feature could also lead to exciting innovations in payments.'

It does not say the innovator would not be able to programme how you spend your digital pound or restrict this in the future Be sure that all end to end transparency is inbuilt into the ledger and can be implemented under future FATF regulation, ESG regulation by way of the WEF and world central bank.

@discobob

Thanks for that, I just find it incredible all this can be done, with the impact it would have on an individual, without even a court order and some of the plans to be rolled out should be ringing alarm bells.

38 minutes ago, oowee said:

@discobob🤣 .

From what I can see Farage would be happy with any bank account at the moment 🤣 Lets hope the process kicks him out of the UK. 

While we can laugh, I don't think we'd find it so funny if it happened to us. This really is an issue that spans both sides of any political debate.

Edited by 12gauge82

13 minutes ago, oowee said:

The very definition of 'careful what you wish for' right there summed up in 2 short sentences.

The Canadian truckers protest was a massive warning, not so much that they can do it, but that they will do it, and for the most churlish of reasons.

4 hours ago, Kev1gun said:

Lets all go back to bartering. 

You can laugh thats what its like at my place , My mates joke welcome to bartertown The other night my mate dropped off 80 pigeons for the ferrets as his chiller packed in , I offered shells for them No thanks what else you got ?> 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

And that there is a slippery slope buddy. No matter if you agree with what he has to say or done - he has not broken any laws and it should not be done to anybody leaving them without the means to survive. I have a friend who lost access to his account for months without a by your leave or any explanation..twice

We can only surmise that because he works intermittently - payments going into his account has triggered some type of mechanism - and the Computer says NO!!

30 minutes ago, Penelope said:

Why, there's naff all to enjoy about them!! 😁

And I apologise sufficely for that!!! 😆 

2 hours ago, oowee said:

@discobob🤣 You cant hold back progress. Even the chap that walked in front of the first cars with a red flag recognised his days were numbered.

With a comment like that i would love to see you kicked out of the UK as all you seem to do is slate us.

3 hours ago, discobob said:

Thanks - I enjoy yours as well - it is nice to be appreciated buddy 😀👍

Now - ESG's that is another matter I might cover but will leave this "Corporate Communism" - it doesn't matter if you (the company) are making money - you have to be on board with all the narratives to get access to finance....

I wonder if Thames Water failed their ESG criteria.....

Enviromental Social Governance (ESG) I wonder which ones they passed on. :lol:

Have a look at the video from KPMG in the link below, it states no ESG, no funding. No aligning with cheap money. The Goverment money printer to the bank will no longer says BRRRR for your company. 

I can foresee some of the ESG compliance getting rolled out but not all and I bet many stake holders are pushing back on parts of esg policy and would have been one of the reasons that more billionaires than ever before attended Davos this year to see how they will be impacted by forthcoming 2025 policy. As with all policy some of it will make it, other bits will take years and some parts never at all. Ultimately only time will tell.

https://kpmg.com/uk/en/home/services/environmental-social-governance/sustainable-finance-for-borrowers--esg-debt-advisory-.html

"Now tell me sonny; what is your chosen crypto for this transaction for this ice cream ".?  "What's that you say".?  "You want to BARTER"..??   What you got then..?  Half a dozen rabbit skins.  😂😄 Nahh,  find your way sonny.

Mind you the other week I  couldn't pay for an item using my phone app and had to resort to sticking  my card in the reader and type my number in.  AND I  wasn't able to pay for my car tax online. I  had to ring up and speak to a human who processed it  for me.  So it could happen but there were ways around this.  I  don't  know how anyone would barter for a coffee and and a  sandwich at 40 thousand feet over the bay of biscay.