Today's lunch,,,, especially for harrycatcat 🥳

JKD

Fresh bread (danish loaf) toast, buttered. 3 slices 😃

Tin of Branston baked beans.

Fresh ground black pepper on the beans.

Plain and simple,,,, and neat...... ish 😀🤣🤣🤣

No comments about the tray please,,,, it was a gift 🙄😂

20230805_135821.jpg.733925ed7bdba7145332742786b20723.jpg

Nope ! I like things nice and simple, so just beans 😋 I do, however, sometimes have beans on 2 toast and 2 poached eggs on the third toast 👍 with lots of fresh ground black pepper 🙂

Edited by JKD

Don't any of you junior bean servers get rid of some of the sauce?

In this house they are always known as forgotten beans, due to the fact that once I forgot the beans on the stove and they really thickened up.

Much nicer with less liquid, oh and of course lots of freshly milled black pepper.

Brown sauce and grated cheddar are embellishments that can make the meal even more special.

38 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

In this house they are always known as forgotten beans, due to the fact that once I forgot the beans on the stove and they really thickened up.

Much nicer with less liquid, oh and of course lots of freshly milled black pepper.

Brown sauce and grated cheddar are embellishments that can make the meal even more special.

I find that if you pre heat the beans,say an hour before you want to use them, then as you finally heat them you can crush some with the back of a fork - these crushed ones seem to soak up some of the sauce.

1 hour ago, JKD said:

Home made bread I hope + try Lidl Newgate beans (46p) now that Branston are around £3/4.

49 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

I find that if you pre heat the beans,say an hour before you want to use them, then as you finally heat them you can crush some with the back of a fork - these crushed ones seem to soak up some of the sauce.

Home made bread I hope + try Lidl Newgate beans (46p) now that Branston are around £3/4.

Not home made bread, but fresh this morning from a local ish family bakers 🙂

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

that looks better :good:............looks very tasty...and well presented......

Fanny, cheesing up, 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, JKD said:

On a Saturday 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 noooooo this is a midweek treat 🤣🤣🤣 it looks good though 😋 

2 hours ago, JKD said:

So who gave you the tray ?

Was it the blind girl from #46 ?
Or did your grandaughter not want it any more ?  :)

3 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Fanny, cheesing up, 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🤣🤣🤣🤣

On a Saturday 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 noooooo this is a midweek treat 🤣🤣🤣 it looks good though 😋 

I love beans on toast,,,, plain but simple,,,, nothing extra added,,,, just as it says on the tin 😀😂 Only have it midweek when I'm off work,,,, which I am this coming week 😁

1 minute ago, miki said:

So who gave you the tray ?

Was it the blind girl from #46 ?
Or did your grandaughter not want it any more ? 

Was a Xmas present from my partner 🙈 along with a few other bits of tat, which don't suit me or my modern style home 😮🙄🤣

54 minutes ago, JKD said:

I love beans on toast,,,, plain but simple,,,, nothing extra added,,,, just as it says on the tin 😀😂 Only have it midweek when I'm off work,,,, which I am this coming week 😁

Was a Xmas present from my partner 🙈 along with a few other bits of tat, which don't suit me or my modern style home 😮🙄🤣

she must love you very much..:wub:

Looks very nice.  All my life I have liked good old 'beans on toast'.  In my young years (50+ years ago), I used to prefer HP, but can't now remember why!

I like both Heinz and Branston now, but both Morrisons and Aldi (Coral?) are not bad economy alternatives.

16 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

quite agree with this.........

sometimes i go al-a carte and do a few slices of good quality smoked streaky bacon with it...(on the side)

17 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

They vary; sometimes when there is a lot of sauce, I spoon a bit off in the pan whilst warming up.   I have the impression that Branston have more beans and less sauce compared to Heinz, which can have rather a lot of surplus sauce.

19 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Even better, lidl white labels tins, 27p cant go wrong, or asdas.

19 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

Even better, lidl white labels tins, 27p cant go wrong, or asdas.

Getting technical,,,, 🙈 if you shake a tin of beans and it sounds like a tin of soup, avoid ! I always shake my bean tins and turn upside down for a few minutes before opening 😆 I only eat Heinz or Branston baked beans,,,, dislike the cheaper 'tasteless' ones 🤭😂

26 minutes ago, Ratlegs said:

Lidl beans straight out the tin with a spoon

that is soo rank.........deprived

they used to force us to eat that excrement at skool ...as a salad with manky lettuce leaf ...grated waterery carrott....over boiled potatoes........

followed by 2 cod liver oil capsuals................................oooohhh im going to barf:sick:

4 hours ago, JKD said:

Getting technical,,,, 🙈 if you shake a tin of beans and it sounds like a tin of soup, avoid ! I always shake my bean tins and turn upside down for a few minutes before opening 😆 I only eat Heinz or Branston baked beans,,,, dislike the cheaper 'tasteless' ones 🤭😂

Branston beans £4.50p for 6 cans = 75p Heinz beans £5.45 for 6 cans = 91p in farmfoods today.

Aldi beans 26p per can, no contest both the above are over priced and only the brand snobs will buy them. I really like the taste of Aldi beans better than Branston or Heinz.

4 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Branston beans £4.50p for 6 cans = 75p Heinz beans £5.45 for 6 cans = 91p in farmfoods today.

Aldi beans 26p per can, no contest both the above are over priced and only the brand snobs will buy them. I really like the taste of Aldi beans better than Branston or Heinz.

I'll only live once,,,, so I'll buy what baked beans I want thank you very much,,,, so there 😝🥳🥰🤣