plane lands on road

.357shooter

4 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, the A40 in Gloucestershire , road closed for a few hours which I am sure the motorists were not happy, why could they not land in a field, 🤔

Far too risky to land in a random field, when you can be guaranteed of a flat surface on an A road. In a life or death situation, I doubt that any of us would be concerned about causing a bit of congestion.

Just now, Genghis said:

Far too risky to land in a random field, when you can be guaranteed of a flat surface on an A road. In a life or death situation, I doubt that any of us would be concerned about causing a bit of congestion.

Hello, pilots have been landing in fields since planes were invented 

24 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, pilots have been landing in fields since planes were invented 

Point is, you will pick the safest option of a landing in an emergency situation. Not be overly concerned with whether Bob might be late home for his pie and mash if there’s some traffic buildup.

42 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, the A40 in Gloucestershire , road closed for a few hours which I am sure the motorists were not happy, why could they not land in a field, 🤔

Fields are NOT as flat as roads, even with Armco down the central reservation.

When the engine on a single engined aeroplane goes phutt, you have seconds to make a good decision and then you stick with it!

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Fields are NOT as flat as roads, even with Armco down the central reservation.

The size and depth of pot holes round here :lol:, the pilot would have had a softer landing on a freshly ploughed field than our roads. :lol:

Landed it straddling the central reservation and dropped it in just after a bridge the fact there wasn’t a crash is a brilliant ending!

Again depending on his height when engine conked his chosen landing emergency land spot may be determined what he can see in front of him.

if he had height he may have been able to be a bit more selective!

Agriv8 

Edited by Agriv8