Police OVER-REACTION yet again.

TIGHTCHOKE

28 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

The full video  ends were they are still dealing with the public  and she just. Walks away back to her car looking like she lost the plot .

Likely ordered off the scene.
Im pretty sure they dont teach what she did in police college.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So far all I have read is how the Police have let down the Public. I rarely, if ever, read about Joe Public letting down the Police, except to complain  !  I find it strange that when coming forward to make complaints about the Police, people manage to 'see everything ' yet when witnesses to crimes are being sought, people 'see NOTHING'  🤔

13 minutes ago, Westley said:

So far all I have read is how the Police have let down the Public. I rarely, if ever, read about Joe Public letting down the Police, except to complain  !  I find it strange that when coming forward to make complaints about the Police, people manage to 'see everything ' yet when witnesses to crimes are being sought, people 'see NOTHING'  🤔

Maybe that's reciprical trust? Seemingly little trust around these days?

As my late father used to say you earn trust and i got to say the Police haven't earned any trust with what's happened with the Met and i see yesterday on the welsh news some officer blackmailed young girls as young as ten to sent him videos of there selves 

Former British police officer jailed for abusing over 200 girls on Snapchat

This undated handout photo provided by South Wales Police shows Lewis Edwards. Edwards, a former British police officer, has been sentenced to life in prison with a minimum term of 12 years after he pleaded guilty to over 100 child sex offenses. The crimes included threatening and blackmailing more than 200 young girls into sending him sexual photos of themselves on Snapchat. (South Wales Police via AP)

This undated handout photo provided by South Wales Police shows Lewis Edwards. Edwards, a former British police officer, has been sentenced to life in prison with a minimum term of 12 years after he pleaded guilty to over 100 child sex offenses. The crimes included threatening and blackmailing more than 200 young girls into sending him sexual photos of themselves on Snapchat. (South Wales Police via AP)

Updated 1:48 PM GMT+1, October 25, 2023

LONDON (AP) — A former British police officer was sentenced Wednesday to life in prison with a minimum term of 12 years after he pleaded guilty to over 100 child sex offenses, including threatening and blackmailing more than 200 young girls into sending him sexual photos of themselves on Snapchat.

Prosecutors say Lewis Edwards, 24, targeted 210 girls between the ages of 10 and 16 by posing as a teenage boy on the phone app. He groomed them into sharing indecent images of themselves, then threatened many of his victims when they refused, blackmailing them into complying out of fear that he would expose them.

Edwards, who joined the South Wales Police in 2021, was a serving police officer when he committed the majority of the offenses. He was arrested in February, and has since pleaded guilty to some 160 counts of child sex offenses and blackmail.

ADVERTISEMENT

2 hours ago, Dave-G said:

I 'get' that being both a nonce and ex police will see him having a harder time than most prisoners.

You would think that would be a deterrent in itself ?
More often than not though , it seems that for some , putting on the blue makes them think they are impervious to getting caught out in ANY wrongdoing ?

6 hours ago, Westley said:

I on this occasion having viewed the video. It does seem that this officer has gone overboard and really shouldn't be in the job.

However there are those that will look for any excuse to run down the police. What I would like to know is why the indignant/outraged Pigeon Watchers who criticise the police, remained totally silent when a Nurse murdered 7 babies  and tried to murder 11 or more !!!!

Edited by Rem260

50 minutes ago, Rem260 said:

What I would like to know is why the indignant/outraged Pigeon Watchers who criticise the police, remained totally silent when a Nurse murdered 7 babies  and tried to murder 11 or more !!!!

Sorry I must have missed your post where you pointed this out to us, or werent you outraged or indignant enough ?

24 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Sorry I must have missed your post where you pointed this out to us, or werent you outraged or indignant enough ?

That's because I have no axes to grind against public bodies unlike you. I just wonder why you didn't seeing as you are the guardian of infringements by Public bodies.

17 hours ago, Rem260 said:

I on this occasion having viewed the video.....

However there are those that will look for any excuse to run down the police. What I would like to know is why the indignant/outraged Pigeon Watchers who criticise the police, remained totally silent when a Nurse murdered 7 babies  and tried to murder 11 or more !!!!

Plod are supposed to be upholders of the law and have powers over the general public, they are ripe for woke and other criticism these days. For example we HAVE to stop a car, or disperse when commanded...

That's got nothing to do wi a criminal nurse or the price of eggs.

On 19/08/2023 at 10:32, Rewulf said:

This in a nutshell, its leverage, the petty or serious criminal aren't bothered , and require some mental, and physical effort to apprehend. 

The generally law abiding, are easier prey to deal with, and the new generation of diverse SJW police officers can flex their egos at will.

And to tie this in with the London march for Palestine thread, there's the footage of Met Police officers threatening to arrest two white English lads with George Crosses draped over their shoulders; The officers should have looked over their own shoulders to see what was going on behind them.

On 12/08/2023 at 16:37, ditchman said:

look ...you are both right ...it was an over reaction...........but the girl should have kept her trap  shut.......young kids have zero respect for any authority today...and that starts at home........

thats the problem with soceity today....they think they can say anything and do anything they want with no redress........these are the kids that wander off into Oxford street ,,looting for a laugh

gobbing off at police is a parthway crime to worse actions.........

On 13/08/2023 at 06:54, bruno22rf said:

Shame that our Grandfather's did'nt fight a war to allow us the right to freedom of speach. 7 officers to arrest a girl for such a heinous crime that no further action was taken over. Wokedom at it's very best. As for youngsters not respecting the Police, and lets face it not just youngsters, I believe the Police have caused the situation by their total lack of serving the general public. 

On 26/10/2023 at 11:52, Rim Fire said:

As my late father used to say you earn trust and i got to say the Police haven't earned any trust with what's happened with the Met and i see yesterday on the welsh news some officer blackmailed young girls as young as ten to sent him videos of there selves 

Former British police officer jailed for abusing over 200 girls on Snapchat

Updated 1:48 PM GMT+1, October 25, 2023

LONDON (AP) — A former British police officer was sentenced Wednesday to life in prison with a minimum term of 12 years after he pleaded guilty to over 100 child sex offenses, including threatening and blackmailing more than 200 young girls into sending him sexual photos of themselves on Snapchat.

Prosecutors say Lewis Edwards, 24, targeted 210 girls between the ages of 10 and 16 by posing as a teenage boy on the phone app. He groomed them into sharing indecent images of themselves, then threatened many of his victims when they refused, blackmailing them into complying out of fear that he would expose them.

Edwards, who joined the South Wales Police in 2021, was a serving police officer when he committed the majority of the offenses. He was arrested in February, and has since pleaded guilty to some 160 counts of child sex offenses and blackmail.

ADVERTISEMENT

Not very good is it. The police in general are a complete shambles.  They've never been honest. Back when I was a kid the  family along with most of the population used to go to bonfire night.  The plod had been confiscating fireworks from lads who had been throwing bangers into the crowd ( fair play) but Father knew some plod and they gave father quite a lot of these confiscated fireworks.  (Wrong).  Ever since I was a kid I've never seen any valid reason why plod should be given respect of any sort.  You only have to see the amount of  fiddles, serious crimes and serious lies that they are found to be guilty of.  Look at the hundreds of officers that have been sacked and are subject to disciplinary action.  The met recon that it will take two years to sack the sackable ones.  I think that is a rate of about two a day.  There's plod that have criminal convictions, some with serious things as long as your arm.  Only the other day two were sacked for arresting those two athletes for no reason.  Three others should have been sacked but got disciplinaries.   And that took three years to get sorted.  Other plods have crowd funded and I think that over £60,000 has been raised from the ranks.  And this is for basically breaking the law. How can the general public have confidence in the police.  I know that they have a very difficult job dealing with the sludge of  humanity but they really don't help their cause.

The politicians (thieves, liers, crooks and general Good for nothing types don't have the want to sort it out.  And that is to remove all of the chief constables and disband the county force structure.  Have a proper professional structure and not an old boys network heavily allied to the masons.  The country doesn't have county armies, airforce or navies. So why should there be county organisations of any sort.  Modern communications and computer systems should have meant that we aren't policed like back in the days of Morse.

Edited by Minky

I don’t think I have ever had a problem with the police 🤷🏻‍♂️

I watched the start of a new series this week on the Met. 

Takeaway owner called the police, there is a youngster in his shop with a knife,

Police turn up in force take him out of shop and start to search him, all of a sudden all the other yoofs have phones in their hands filming them and say they are being heavy handed as it turned out the lad was 14.

None of the yoofs knew why the police were called but insisted on having their say.

Turned out he had no knife but the police didn’t know that.

A lot of these inner city/town yoofs have no respect for anyone these days let alone the police.

All walks of life have bad apples but you can’t tar them all with the same brush.

I still think the police have a difficult job.

And as to the above, why shouldn’t the public help them?

:shaun:

6 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

I don’t think I have ever had a problem with the police 🤷🏻‍♂️

I watched the start of a new series this week on the Met. 

Takeaway owner called the police, there is a youngster in his shop with a knife,

Police turn up in force take him out of shop and start to search him, all of a sudden all the other yoofs have phones in their hands filming them and say they are being heavy handed as it turned out the lad was 14.

None of the yoofs knew why the police were called but insisted on having their say.

A lot of these inner city/town yoofs have no respect for anyone these days let alone the police.

All walks of life have bad apples but you can’t tar them all with the same brush.

I still think the police have a difficult job.

And as to the above, why shouldn’t the public help them?

:shaun:

I don't think anybody said they haven't got a difficult job the question was trust that's why the youths  got there phones out they cant get away with so much these days and your right about the youths of today they got no respect 

11 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

11 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

But they believed the shop owner when he made his false report, as he couldn't think of any other way of making the police attend? 

Right or wrong, we have another set of kids with poor views of the police confirmed. 

At the end of the day, it's all about having respect for law enforcement, and incidents like this and Ms nana don't help the deteriorating situation.